Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my best Molly impersonation, do yourself a favour and listen to a podcast called Disgraceland.
A true crime type genre where the host Jack Brennan takes you on a rollicking ride through the biggest scandals and decadence of rock and roll.

Just listened to a two parter on John Lennon and his murder. Explodes the myth of 'give peace a chance' love guy, who went off the rails in the 70's.

Lots of others. Highly recommended.

Just thought I would mention a tv show on Netflix which might become the next big thing . It’s ‘ Love Death and Robots ‘ 18 animated short stories which almost all could have been made into movies . This is not for children. There is lots of violence and sex throughout. Some of the animation is simply ground breaking and the stories are so well written. Lots of different styles of animation as well . If you have Netflix watch it , if you don’t , well I won’t condone downloading it even if that’s what I might have done lol.

Here is the preview.

Don’t Panic !!

What the hell is it with people wandering around with headphones in completely oblivious to traffic and their surroundings.

My area is fairly busy these days and is dotted with speed humps and full of roundabouts so the speed limit is forty. I’m usually well under that as with schools, kids, bikes, dogs etc for safety it’s easier to just stay 5k or so under, plus my Honda auto has an annoying change at about 42k.

At any rate I think I would have hit about three people if I was doing 45k who while going for a run or just walking have just stepped right in front of me wearing those bloody earphones. How people speed through these streets and don’t hit anyone is a minor miracle imo. TAC should run a few ads for bloody idiots sending themselves death and risking life and limb listen to the bloody things.

Grumpy middle aged rant done ✅.

What the hell is it with people wandering around with headphones in completely oblivious to traffic and their surroundings.

My area is fairly busy these days and is dotted with speed humps and full of roundabouts so the speed limit is forty. I’m usually well under that as with schools, kids, bikes, dogs etc for safety it’s easier to just stay 5k or so under, plus my Honda auto has an annoying change at about 42k.

At any rate I think I would have hit about three people if I was doing 45k who while going for a run or just walking have just stepped right in front of me wearing those bloody earphones. How people speed through these streets and don’t hit anyone is a minor miracle imo. TAC should run a few ads for bloody idiots sending themselves death and risking life and limb listen to the bloody things.

There are some funny videos on you tube of people wandering around listening to music of using their phone . i love watching the look of horror they get as they walk into a fountain , into a fence , fall in a hole etc etc.

You actually wanna go there do you Yawkey?

I actually can't believe that you are sitting there telling me, it was ME! :moustache:

Sorry Yawkey...I used you as a segway to complete my middle aged rant.....
If i see that f*cking stupid promo for crap reality TV one more time i will fair dinkum do the Plough! :sick:

You actually wanna go there do you Yawkey?

I actually can't believe that you are sitting there telling me, it was ME! :moustache:

Sorry Yawkey...I used you as a segway to complete my middle aged rant.....
If i see that f*cking stupid promo for crap reality TV one more time i will fair dinkum do the Plough! :sick:
OK stand aside young 'uns:

It annoys me that seemingly straight forward roadworks take months. It annoys me even more that flag men don't understand the basic concept of ensuring each direction gets a decent go.
It's disappointing that when I set myself up for a decent drinking session, I doze off during the second drink.
It frustrates the hell out of me that the NBN is crap & worse that I had before. Then really angers me that we've wasted billions.
It's disturbing that my new drug dealer is a chemist. Even more disturbing is the realisation that I'm one of the people I used to feel sorry for with their little tray packed to the top.
I'm annoyed that the NDIS which promised so much is being undermined by cynical politics and penny pinching.
Maniacs tearing through the bush on bikes get my blood boiling.
Drivers that tailgate when it's obvious there's a car in front of you really wind me up.
Police sitting at the bottom of a hill with a speed camera are pathetic revenue raisers.
The range of foods I can eat without consequences diminishes by the year.
My body aches so much, I don't even feel it anymore.
I can no longer see the difference between the major political parties, so I vote for some independent that has no hope of winning.
I'm p..d off that retirement age got lifted on me.

Despite all that, I'm actually quite happy with life! People talk about 'long suffering' saints fans. That's bullshit. Decades of following the mighty saints and the great highs and extended lows build resilience & teaches you that it's all about how you react to crap. The journey is the important thing

It annoys me that seemingly straight forward roadworks take months. It annoys me even more that flag men don't understand the basic concept of ensuring each direction gets a decent go.
It's disappointing that when I set myself up for a decent drinking session, I doze off during the second drink.
It frustrates the hell out of me that the NBN is crap & worse that I had before. Then really angers me that we've wasted billions.
It's disturbing that my new drug dealer is a chemist. Even more disturbing is the realisation that I'm one of the people I used to feel sorry for with their little tray packed to the top.
I'm annoyed that the NDIS which promised so much is being undermined by cynical politics and penny pinching.
Drivers that tailgate when it's obvious there's a car in front of you really wind me up.
Police sitting at the bottom of a hill with a speed camera are pathetic revenue raisers.
I can no longer see the difference between the major political parties, so I vote for some independent that has no hope of winning.

Despite all that, I'm actually quite happy with life! People talk about 'long suffering' saints fans. That's bullshit. Decades of following the mighty saints and the great highs and extended lows build resilience & teaches you that it's all about how you react to crap. The journey is the important thing
Amen to all that brother! :handfist:

If we are ranting I would like to add the following:
Discourteous drivers. If someone lets you into the traffic flow, a simple acknowledgment would be nice!
The gap I leave in front of me when driving is I so I can stop safely if required and not for some tosser who wants to weave his way through traffic so he can save 20 nanoseconds on the way to work.
Crumbs. It annoys me that even though I put clean cutlery, direct from the dishwasher, into the cutlery drawer that I still find crumbs in the cutlery drawer
Socks. It annoys me that I currently have 4 single socks in my sock drawer without the other matching pair. Where the hell have they gone?
Dirty coffee cups left on the bench at work. Open the ****** door on the dishwasher and put them in!
Customers. Lazy customers who skim through your email response to them and then ring you and ask you questions which you have already answered in your reply.
That's my rant. I feel better already!

Discourteous drivers. If someone lets you into the traffic flow, a simple acknowledgment would be nice!
The gap I leave in front of me when driving is I so I can stop safely if required and not for some tosser who wants to weave his way through traffic so he can save 20 nanoseconds on the way to work.
Crumbs. It annoys me that even though I put clean cutlery, direct from the dishwasher, into the cutlery drawer that I still find crumbs in the cutlery drawer
Socks. It annoys me that I currently have 4 single socks in my sock drawer without the other matching pair. Where the hell have they gone?
Dirty coffee cups left on the bench at work. Open the ****** door on the dishwasher and put them in!
Customers. Lazy customers who skim through your email response to them and then ring you and ask you questions which you have already answered in your reply.
It comes down to a lack of respect in society these days.

Look around. It's everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice work mate!

I'll echo sentiments.

Indicators on cars are named such so that others know what sort of idea pops into the vacuous space between your ears when in a 1 tonne+ vehicle that moves. It is not a light that is randomly blinking because you need distraction from sucking the fat one and it is not a rightof way to tell others to GTFO out of your way at the drop of a hat.
If you are not in a turning lane, often indicated by around 100m of signage, yet you wish to turn, it is not a viable alternative for you to simply screw over any and all turning lanes because you feel entitled in your inability to be prepared, patient and actually knowledgable about what the goddamn hell you are actually doing in a vehicle.
It is also not dissapointing or depressing that you have a product, you've owned this product for anywhere between the 1950's and a week ago and for things to have evolved, or for things to no longer be available due to the current of time. It is not a conspiracy, it is not a requirement to have the same maufacturing standards of pre colour televisions in todays age.
Lifetime also does not mean 2 years, unless you're an insect or ladybug or something which dies a horrible death in that time, it also does not mean you beating s**t with hammers that shouldn't be beaten with hammers will be covered because it will make me want to beat you with a well made hammer. It means you own that tool, you use that tool, it fails because it's a tool, that is the life of that tool and you can get s**t replaced. You walking around the corner and it being too far is not my problem you bloated pig masquerading as a wannabe tradie.
In the case that I am explaining chemical compounds of something you are intending to use and precautions to take in handling such things, it's also best not to attempt to talk over me that proceed to complain about acid burns or s**t on fire. Listen you apes, use those goddamn ears instead of sticking s**t in them and waffling away about the good old days when people died from preventable diseses at 30.
Just because the USA has something doesn't mean we do, and I doubt you'd want to pay the few thousand $ in shipping, patents, manufacturing the bloody thing, registering and clearing it for the Australian regions, then wait 3 months for boat arrival and deal with customs either, so "no" is not me being a hardarse, "no" is me telling you that you do not need and we will not hold a container of a about 20k tapes so you an take 3 you selfish little trolls.

I also am not meaning to be ignorant, I've just not gone to NZ to know where in the s**t your actual location is in relation to another point on a random island that constitutes your nation. We have an office in Auckland just for this purpose, bother them for location services or use those sheep drawn carriages.

Missing out, we often walk into said coffee cups in the actual sink but not a drop of liquid to be seen in an attempt to clean them. We also have a grand total of 2 spoons since the others have vanished. 3 kitchens and we dunno, but there's like maybe 8 spoons total. Boggles the goddamn mind.

In order to overcome the missing sock conundrum, I know purchase black socks in bundles of five.

Problem is I now have 17 black socks.

And speaking of unappreciative drivers, I find most are OK. My work takes place in a certain geographical location which is a multicultural melting pot.

What I have found is a higher % of drivers who don't acknowledge to be foreign.

Now don't go all racist on me. It's a cultural thing. Like certain folk who cram into a train or tram without waiting for others to alight. We see it as rude, they see it as normal.

Try getting off a train or bus on Sanghai and you'll know what I mean.

Often I also find the reason why some drivers don't wave is because they are too busy texting to look up and say thanks.

Why do people swing out to the right before turning left?

Last edited:
I'll echo sentiments.

Indicators on cars are named such so that others know what sort of idea pops into the vacuous space between your ears when in a 1 tonne+ vehicle that moves. It is not a light that is randomly blinking because you need distraction from sucking the fat one and it is not a rightof way to tell others to GTFO out of your way at the drop of a hat.
If you are not in a turning lane, often indicated by around 100m of signage, yet you wish to turn, it is not a viable alternative for you to simply screw over any and all turning lanes because you feel entitled in your inability to be prepared, patient and actually knowledgable about what the goddamn hell you are actually doing in a vehicle.
It is also not dissapointing or depressing that you have a product, you've owned this product for anywhere between the 1950's and a week ago and for things to have evolved, or for things to no longer be available due to the current of time. It is not a conspiracy, it is not a requirement to have the same maufacturing standards of pre colour televisions in todays age.
Lifetime also does not mean 2 years, unless you're an insect or ladybug or something which dies a horrible death in that time, it also does not mean you beating s**t with hammers that shouldn't be beaten with hammers will be covered because it will make me want to beat you with a well made hammer. It means you own that tool, you use that tool, it fails because it's a tool, that is the life of that tool and you can get s**t replaced. You walking around the corner and it being too far is not my problem you bloated pig masquerading as a wannabe tradie.
In the case that I am explaining chemical compounds of something you are intending to use and precautions to take in handling such things, it's also best not to attempt to talk over me that proceed to complain about acid burns or s**t on fire. Listen you apes, use those goddamn ears instead of sticking s**t in them and waffling away about the good old days when people died from preventable diseses at 30.
Just because the USA has something doesn't mean we do, and I doubt you'd want to pay the few thousand $ in shipping, patents, manufacturing the bloody thing, registering and clearing it for the Australian regions, then wait 3 months for boat arrival and deal with customs either, so "no" is not me being a hardarse, "no" is me telling you that you do not need and we will not hold a container of a about 20k tapes so you an take 3 you selfish little trolls.

I also am not meaning to be ignorant, I've just not gone to NZ to know where in the s**t your actual location is in relation to another point on a random island that constitutes your nation. We have an office in Auckland just for this purpose, bother them for location services or use those sheep drawn carriages.

Missing out, we often walk into said coffee cups in the actual sink but not a drop of liquid to be seen in an attempt to clean them. We also have a grand total of 2 spoons since the others have vanished. 3 kitchens and we dunno, but there's like maybe 8 spoons total. Boggles the goddamn mind.

Lol yes. Drivers that swing across 3 lanes at the last minute to take the exit ramp.

And there's a sign approximately 1km back down the free with big letters that read Your Exit in 1km...

Lol yes. Drivers that swing across 3 lanes at the last minute to take the exit ramp.

And there's a sign approximately 1km back down the free with big letters that read Your Exit in 1km...
When I see that I think of this:

In order to overcome the missing sock conundrum, I know purchase black socks in bundles of five.

Problem is I now have 17 black socks.

And speaking of unappreciative drivers, I find most are OK. My work takes place in a certain geographical location which is a multicultural melting pot.

What I have found is a higher % of drivers who don't acknowledge to be foreign.

Now don't go all racist on me. It's a cultural thing. Like certain folk who cram into a train or tram without waiting for others to alight. We see it as rude, they see it as normal.

Try getting off a train or bus on Sanghai and you'll know what I mean.

Often I also find the reason why some drivers don't wave is because they are too busy texting to look up and say thanks.

Why do people swing out to the right before turning left?

My kids went for their license.
There is a VIcroads in Dandenong, and one slightly further away in Packenham.
Their driving instructor suggested they go to Packenham for the test , because..."well, the standard of driving in the Dandenong area is very poor , and it makes it harder to pass the test when others around you aren't driving well."

Tell me about it i drive through there every day.

And yes its cultural, our driving isn't so much different to the UK I've found. Other places you need to drive completely differently , including the technique of ignoring rules, and try to make it seem like you haven't seen the other driver , while making sure you have to avoid collision on the off chance he hasn't seen you.
ie barge into the intersection like a gigantic game of chicken. The alternative is to wait and get beeped at.

I hate it when i want to turn left onto a three lane road , and i have to wait for some knob turning right, who turns into the third lane right in front of me.
After driving a really short distance they then turn back into one of the other lanes......meaning they are just too frigging lazy to turn their wheel a bit more.
The rule used to be that right turns had to go into the right lane. Which meant , in a multi lane road , left turns and right turns could go at the same time.

Stuff them, i pull in front of them and show them my ingrown nail on my longest finger.

I hate it when i want to turn left onto a three lane road , and i have to wait for some knob turning right, who turns into the third lane right in front of me.
After driving a really short distance they then turn back into one of the other lanes......meaning they are just too frigging lazy to turn their wheel a bit more.
The rule used to be that right turns had to go into the right lane. Which meant , in a multi lane road , left turns and right turns could go at the same time.

Stuff them, i pull in front of them and show them my ingrown nail on my longest finger.
Was heading west along Heatherton rd the other week between Springvale and westall roads theirs a shipping centre with lights.

Looking down hill I saw a car go straight through a red.

Caught up at Westall lights and there she was happily texting away. Oblivious to the fact she ran a red, and luckily no car was coming out of the car park...

My exit ramp is in a 110km zone on the calder, there is a secondary exit ramp also in a 110km hour zone around the bend. The amount of cars that cut across doing about 130 to cut someone off and slip into one of the turning lanes is amazing. Primarily because it seems to work as there's not relaly accidents at this location as the knobs have generally wiped themselves out at King Road or Calder Park.

Much like my walking into my house not 10mins ago after watching a 4WD in a 100 zone speed to 130, swing left across 2 lanes then slam breaks to dip down calder park drive Keilor way, all in the space of like 50m. He was lucky the cars already in that lane were slowly moving forward or he was good and proper stuffed.

Just thought I would mention a tv show on Netflix which might become the next big thing . It’s ‘ Love Death and Robots ‘ 18 animated short stories which almost all could have been made into movies . This is not for children. There is lots of violence and sex throughout. Some of the animation is simply ground breaking and the stories are so well written. Lots of different styles of animation as well . If you have Netflix watch it , if you don’t , well I won’t condone downloading it even if that’s what I might have done lol.

Here is the preview.

Don’t Panic !!

Thanks for the recommendation, bt66. Binged it while recovering from a bout of 'flu. Groundbreaking animation and story telling.

Israel Folau has just had his 4 million dollar ARU Contract torn up for criticising homosexuals. What I want to know is who is standing up for the rest of those he bagged? Who's standing up for the rest of us? The liars, thieves, drunks, atheists and idolaters. Won't somebody think of us? I'm looking at you, MM and VDS66.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back