Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh those Tesla crap boxes that beat combustion engine cars in literally every metric and cost less that most of the new Hiluxs I see driving around :drunk:

I dont drive a Hilux, i think they are over rated and over priced, still waiting to see a Tesla in the remote outback, so your argument is?

I dont drive a Hilux, i think they are over rated and over priced, still waiting to see a Tesla in the remote outback, so your argument is?
The Tesla model s can tow a supercar faster than the same supercar can drive normally so they don't struggle for torque, all tesla's are 4wd and they even have an SUV model.

The Tesla model s can tow a supercar faster than the same supercar can drive normally so they don't struggle for torque, all tesla's are 4wd and they even have an SUV model.

Tesla are NOT 4wd they are AWD, a big difference. Torque on the Tesla is measured at the wheels, not at the motor, so another mute point. The physics of an electric vehicle propulsion system are very different from a gasoline one.

Tesla are NOT 4wd they are AWD, a big difference. Torque on the Tesla is measured at the wheels, not at the motor, so another mute point. The physics of an electric vehicle propulsion system are very different from a gasoline one.
Except they have on board computers that move torque to different wheels and manual control to let you choose where power goes if you want to.

Except they have on board computers that move torque to different wheels and manual control to let you choose where power goes if you want to.

Subaru have been doing that since 2002 with AWD. The only control you have over the AWD on the Tesla is turning off or on the traction control the rest is done by the computer sensing which wheels to put the power intro usally driving on the rear until more traction is required.

My UTE has traction control, stability control, hill decent, hill accent 4x4 high 4x4 lo 4x2, it has diff locks front and rear and free wheeling hubs i can have on or off and i get to control the lot mostly from the cab, i get out to engage the free wheeling hubs. I can also get 1000k on a tank of diesel without switching to my 120l spare for another 1500k+

Towing the Tesla has a max ball weight of 90k i have 300k the tesla needs a recharge at about 170km towing a 900kg small van and takes 5 hours to charge from 30% on a standard charger, on the turbo about 2hours.

I can buy 4 Teslas for the cost of my UTE, go 10 times as far and fill up in minutes not hours.

Horse for courses and electric cars arnt for me.

Subaru have been doing that since 2002 with AWD. The only control you have over the AWD on the Tesla is turning off or on the traction control the rest is done by the computer sensing which wheels to put the power intro usally driving on the rear until more traction is required.

My UTE has traction control, stability control, hill decent, hill accent 4x4 high 4x4 lo 4x2, it has diff locks front and rear and free wheeling hubs i can have on or off and i get to control the lot mostly from the cab, i get out to engage the free wheeling hubs. I can also get 1000k on a tank of diesel without switching to my 120l spare for another 1500k+

Towing the Tesla has a max ball weight of 90k i have 300k the tesla needs a recharge at about 170km towing a 900kg small van and takes 5 hours to charge from 30% on a standard charger, on the turbo about 2hours.

I can buy 4 Teslas for the cost of my UTE, go 10 times as far and fill up in minutes not hours.

Horse for courses and electric cars arnt for me.
Fair enough. Not saying electric is right for everyone but it's disingenuous to paint electric cars as dinky little crap buckets when Tesla is proving that electric cars can outperform combustion engine cars.

Fair enough. Not saying electric is right for everyone but it's disingenuous to paint electric cars as dinky little crap buckets when Tesla is proving that electric cars can outperform combustion engine cars.

Crap boxs is what they would be in the bush, that's what i said and i still stand by it. They can in some small areas outperform a combustion engine, but again under what circumstances, that's always going to be debatable.

Crap boxs is what they would be in the bush, that's what i said and i still stand by it. They can in some small areas outperform a combustion engine, but again under what circumstances, that's always going to be debatable.
Speed, acceleration, longevity, price, safety, comfort, future proofing for tech advancements etc etc.

400+ kms on a single charge is more than enough for almost anywhere in the bush. Don't paint them as something they aren't. They are the future and they are good enough now to take over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* me, can some of the 70-90 year old Liberal voters lapping up all the scare tactic, conservative bullshit peddled for the last 10 years just ******* cark it already? Some of us have a few more years on this planet (hopefully) and would rather have some of the country left over to appreciate before the place is trashed for a quick buck. *. Old growth forests clear felled and churned up into pulp for paper, South-Eastern Queensland seeing some of the worst land clearing in history, more mega mines planned for development, RAMSAR listed wetlands planned to have housing developments smack bang in the middle of them. If anything, we're going backwards, at a point in time where environmental issues are more significant than ever. And the party of climate change deniers gets another term in power. I get not everyone cares about the environment from a wildlife, ecological, natural appreciation point of view, but we're degrading our land quality for almost every other type of use, we're continuing the trend of contribution to global warming with more coal mine export and reducing the quality of our air with an attitude of "clear the land and start again" towards any kind of development.

Well my 10 minutes of ranting about politics is done for the year, need an ECO of our society thread...

That'll teach Labor for going into the election with actual policy.
If they'd kept their mouths shut about franking credits and negative gearing I reckon they'd have won.
Some policy was a bit loopy, but they tried to communicate vision and something more robust than just yelling tax, tax, tax.
I'm personally better off under liberals but I'm disappointed personally, this result shows self interest rules.
Morrison had a hell of a campaign.

That'll teach Labor for going into the election with actual policy.
If they'd kept their mouths shut about franking credits and negative gearing I reckon they'd have won.
Some policy was a bit loopy, but they tried to communicate vision and something more robust than just yelling tax, tax, tax.
I'm personally better off under liberals but I'm disappointed personally, this result shows self interest rules.
Morrison had a hell of a campaign.
They won it in Queensland thanks to Palmer and Hanson preferences.

They tapped into the redneck vote.

Palmer will be wanting his over the next few years. Not spending all this money for nothing I reckon.
Palmer needs to crawl back under the Rock he came from the grub. I’m glad he did his money. :mad:

Bet my left nut his workers won't get paid.
It’s weird - I’m an empathic person so you would think I feel sorry for them. But then again... you drink the kool aid....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back