Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah good on the French.
So what we should have done is been soft little powderpuffs when Australia was first settled by the west. ( or not settled at all because , sure if it was sitting empty it would be left alone like some indigenous dreamtime utopia ). Then got gradually more aggressive.
I guess that would have left our soft kids more able to cope with non-gangs of immigrants. Oh wait, aren't the Neo-nazis talking about dealing with them in that way?
you do talk some absoulte rubbish ....
nothing can change the past of our country it was what it was but we do need to take ownership that the way it happened was brutal and we should acknowledge the fact it is pretty damn hurtful to the Indigenous people ... we also need to accept that the s**t way we treated them wasnt just hundreds of years ago that our poor treatment of them was only a generation ago and in some cases still happening today ... thats not being soft thats being a realist ...

see the funny thing is i just have a problem with people who commit crimes full stop ... i dont care where they come from what skin colour they are ... a criminal is a criminal its not bleading hearts its just the black bad man is no worse then the white bad man or the yellow bad man or the bad woman .......
Wasn't it you that started this a few days go by asking is there a problem with African gangs around StKilda ?

Yeah good on the French.
So what we should have done is been soft little powderpuffs when Australia was first settled by the west. ( or not settled at all because , sure if it was sitting empty it would be left alone like some indigenous dreamtime utopia ). Then got gradually more aggressive.
I guess that would have left our soft kids more able to cope with non-gangs of immigrants. Oh wait, aren't the Neo-nazis talking about dealing with them in that way?
WTF are you going on about now?

Are you denying the high rates of depression, anxiety and other mental issues that kids have today???

I wonder why?

We ****ed it up. Simple. We! Myself included.

If your kids are equipped, independent and ready to tackle the big bad world, then kudos to you as a father.

The point of my reply to Trav is that politically we are apathetic.

You just sound like a middle aged angry white man.

I copped a ton of racism in the 70's mate and frankly when I hear terms like send them back and bleeding hearts, I can pretty much sum up your type...

No one says we should allow crime to get off.

No one says we don't have an immigration problem.

No one says that African gangs don't exist.

I'm surprised you don't have a severe case of scoliosis from carry that massive chip on your shoulder.

FFS man, stop reading the Herald Sun.

If you're going to reply to my post at least be intelligent about it.

20000 useless posts by VDS66 by 9.47pm on Friday 23rd 2019.

Get around me...

So we gotta wait til August :oops:
nexminit VDS66 sitting comfortably on 19,999 at 9.40pm Friday 23rd, George bans him for 24hrs. :eek::D

WTF are you going on about now?

Are you denying the high rates of depression, anxiety and other mental issues that kids have today???

I wonder why?

We ****** it up. Simple. We! Myself included.

If your kids are equipped, independent and ready to tackle the big bad world, then kudos to you as a father.

The point of my reply to Trav is that politically we are apathetic.

You just sound like a middle aged angry white man.

I copped a ton of racism in the 70's mate and frankly when I hear terms like send them back and bleeding hearts, I can pretty much sum up your type...

No one says we should allow crime to get off.

No one says we don't have an immigration problem.

No one says that African gangs don't exist.

I'm surprised you don't have a severe case of scoliosis from carry that massive chip on your shoulder.

FFS man, stop reading the Herald Sun.

If you're going to reply to my post at least be intelligent about it.
Weren't the original white invaders almost all criminals?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, we are about to develop a mini black hole at CERN that will cause a Higgs field bubble to decrease its energy level to zero where matter won't be held together, the universe will crunch and chemistry won't exist.

This is a universal existential risk where life in the universe won't be able to exist.

Happy Days

I’m sure that came and went the same way as the Y2K bug.

I was really interested in neural networks in that podcast, and how various alogarithms can achieve tasks to a very high level without mankind even being aware of how they are doing it. And the Facebook alogarithm developing its own language to speak to itself was mind blowing.

Last edited:
so should we ban poor people from breeding ? just in case their offspring maybe become criminals ????
fact is you will never erradicate crime but how we manage it is the key ... stopping people coming because they might maybe eventually become a criminal is just stupid irrational fear ....
i know an irish bloke who we caught knocking off building supplies from worksites hes been here since he was 4 but should we deport him back or is it only the dark skinned ones you want sent back ?
and where do we draw the line ? running a red light is a crime .. is that deportable ? jaywalking is that? incorrectly scanning fruit in Coles ? buying a "hot" lawnmower off gumtree ??

I employed a young boy once who stole his dads trailer and sold it to me. I had it a year and a half before the young bloke lost his license and his dad dropped him off one day and well his day went downhill from there. His dad called the police on his son right then and there.

its not a popular opinion and ill prob get flamed for it but its the results of the boomer generation putting greed above all ... the self interest of large chunks of that generation who are in positions of power breeds negativity.. for a generation who had the flower power days they chucked in the towel of peace lover and happiness for investment, nest eggs and corporate greed ....
they yearn for a nostalgia of the "good old days" but actually dont remember the negatives of that time....

i dont fear for our future really i dont once this generation in power are given their marching orders i think (hope) the next generation that have grown up more accepting and more open to change and advancment will right a lot of the wrongs ... hopefully the last grasps of this generation dont stuff it up too much that we dont have anything to work with once they are gone ...

Bloody hell, so much for not wanting to kick the hornets nest.

When elements of the young generation get their hands on the power and money they will prove to be equally corruptible.

you do talk some absoulte rubbish ....
nothing can change the past of our country it was what it was but we do need to take ownership that the way it happened was brutal and we should acknowledge the fact it is pretty damn hurtful to the Indigenous people ... we also need to accept that the s**t way we treated them wasnt just hundreds of years ago that our poor treatment of them was only a generation ago and in some cases still happening today ... thats not being soft thats being a realist ...

Looking someone you wronged square in the eye and saying you were wrong, you’re sorry and how can I help to undo some of the damage I have done is not soft. That requires real courage.

Most people I know can’t even do this with their kids, let alone strangers.

Embracing aboriginal culture is energising and uplifting. I do understand that some won’t get it and I genuinely feel sorry for them.

Don't worry, we are about to develop a mini black hole at CERN that will cause a Higgs field bubble to decrease its energy level to zero where matter won't be held together, the universe will crunch and chemistry won't exist.

This is a universal existential risk where life in the universe won't be able to exist.

Happy Days

Well, that has put a bit of a dampener on the evening, hasn't it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back