Discussion Random Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Does anyone else get this s**t? I get it every single time I open the app..
414BE6AA-DE3F-4F99-89DA-1407D5EC399E.jpeg

Phishing scam, don’t click on it. I don’t get those dodgy pop ups, possibly because I use a VPN.

How do you run one on the phone? Can you get Firefox on a phone too, they seem less spammy than google.

Yeah it’s on my phone.. every single bloody time. And I have to log in again..

I just tried my phone and got the message, very frustrating with the load up not able to be closed and having to go to history to return to the page. I think you should be able to check a box at login that automatically logs you in every time. It won't stop the pop up but will stop having to reenter a password every time.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but how do you all see Newnes going this year from a fantasy perspective?

Looked like a down year last year after 3 years in the high 80s, do you expect him to return to those scores and play a fantasy friendly role?

Thanks! And all the best in a few weeks time :)

So far so good this year, he's improved a lot since last year. He's not the hugest accumulator though and those guys often get the big scores. I'd look at guys like Aaron Hall and your boy Rocky, he looks back in business.

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So far so good this year, he's improved a lot since last year. He's not the hugest accumulator though and those guys often get the big scores. I'd look at guys like Aaron Hall and your boy Rocky, he looks back in business.

Thanks mate, already have rocky but only looking at Newnes as he’s available as a fwd this yr

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah it’s on my phone.. every single bloody time. And I have to log in again..

Ditto.
iPad.
Using a browser to connect with BF website.
It didn’t appear on any other website.
Only BF.
It’s a phishing scam.
I have reported to George on a number of occasions.
The advice from him, and The Chief, was that it was something that had infiltrated the site and not my iPad.
Anyway, it kept happening.
I searched Apple support and found this exact scam.
Their advice was this was on my iPad: go to Settings/Safari and make sure you have the fields selected as per following screenshot. Then select “Clear history and Website data”, but remember you’re going to lose all website history you’ve collected so remember you’ll need to save anything valuable first. Then update software to latest version.
That didn’t fix my problem unfortunately but might fix yours.
I no longer use Safari to access BF, but still get the occasional pop up on, strangely, the Wapo website. Must be Trump.
My next step is to get an Apple guru to fix.
I occasionally get it on my iPhone.
But that is random and infrequent.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ditto.
iPad.
Only BF.
It’s a phishing scam.
The advice from him, and The Chief, was that it was something that had infiltrated the site and not my iPad.
Their advice was this was on my iPad: go to Settings/Safari and make sure you have the fields selected as per following screenshot. Then select “Clear history and Website data”, but remember you’re going to lose all website history you’ve collected so remember you’ll need to save anything valuable first. Then update software to latest version.
I no longer use Safari to access BF, but still get the occasional pop up on, strangely, the Wapo website. Must be Trump.

Thanks mate. It’s so annoying.

Thanks mate, already have rocky but only looking at Newnes as he’s available as a fwd this yr

Not a bad option then, he should get a few roles from back to front and even a wing. Possibly Gresham who is suggested as a potential mid this year. Billings potentially playing wing too. Both should be forwards in FA. Price dependent I guess.

Ditto.
iPad.
Only BF.
It’s a phishing scam.

It's a pop up and they have a block pop up bar there, that should block it, it's getting past though. campaigner of a thing.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thanks mate. It’s so annoying.

Okay, went to Apple Chadstone this morning.
Arranged for guru support call.
Just finished with that.
The support girl hadn’t heard of this pop up, and hadn’t come across one that didn’t disappear after their recommended fix.
She’s been doing this for four years.
Remember, I’m getting this pop up on my iPad regularly, and my iPhone less so.
I have followed their advice on both devices: checked the settings for Safari and cleared the Safari browser history.
BUT, the cloud interferes.
So if you follow the remedy for your phone but not on your iPad, your browser history will still exist in the cloud and if this pop up is embedded in your history it will still be in the cloud, and therefore shortly back on your devices.
Hence why I cannot get rid of it.
The solution is to clear the history of BOTH devices at the same time.
That will delete the browser history in the cloud.
(If you’ve got other Apple devices then you’re probably going to need to include them in this process too).
Then reopen Safari.
I’ve got an open support call with Apple for this problem if it persists with me.
PS: Are you still in NYC? I think the Apple Store is in midtown, 5th Ave maybe? They might know more.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Okay, went to Apple Chadstone this morning.
Arranged for guru support call.
Just finished with that.
The support girl hadn’t heard of this pop up, and hadn’t come across one that didn’t disappear after their recommended fix.
She’s been doing this for four years.
Remember, I’m getting this pop up on my iPad regularly, and my iPhone less so.
I have followed their advice on both devices: checked the settings for Safari and cleared the Safari browser history.
BUT, the cloud interferes.
So if you follow the remedy for your phone but not on your iPad, your browser history will still exist in the cloud and if this pop up is embedded in your history it will still be in the cloud, and therefore shortly back on your devices.
Hence why I cannot get rid of it.
The solution is to clear the history of BOTH devices at the same time.
That will delete the browser history in the cloud.
(If you’ve got other Apple devices then you’re probably going to need to include them in this process too).
Then reopen Safari.
I’ve got an open support call with Apple for this problem if it persists with me.
PS: Are you still in NYC? I think the Apple Store is in midtown, 5th Ave maybe? They might know more.

Thanks heaps mate. I’ll need to commission you soon! Got back Sunday lunchtime back again mid next week - so I’ll pop into the city here to make sure it’s all good. It’s so bloody annoying.. driving me crazy.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thanks heaps mate. I’ll need to commission you soon! Got back Sunday lunchtime back again mid next week - so I’ll pop into the city here to make sure it’s all good. It’s so bloody annoying.. driving me crazy.

Yes it is.
Driving both of us crazy!
But the Apple fix didn’t work as I got the pop up again tonight on the WaPo website.
I clicked on the support link that Apple provided subsequent to my support call and, unfortunately, it didn’t work.
I’ll hit Apple at Southland tomorrow.
Will let you know what happens.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don't worry about hitting the Apple store.
They will not be able to assist.
Just spent an hour with Apple support following another call with them yesterday.
Everything I have done should have eliminated the problem.
Now we are entering tricky territory......
The best advice to you at this time is to simply shut down the page in Safari when you get the pop up, don't hit the Close button because that is a disguised redirect to the scam page.
I have emailed George separately to keep him in the loop about this.

FinBar19

Team Captain
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL
Aug 31, 2018
GC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Winnipeg Jets
It doesn't stop the pop-up coming up but it at least doesn't make you log out:

When it happens (on safari on an iphone), press and hold the 'back' button in the very bottom left hand corner. This will bring up your recent history. Then just press the top link which will be the page you were trying to access in the first place and it should reload without the pop-up and keep you logged in. It's tedious but it's worked for me.

I'm guessing we can expect more Marvel stuff shoved down our throats given we are a Marvel tenant.

I just want to say, if it's anything like this effort we might as well open the gates up to only the under 12's.

Friggen eyesore, there's like 120 shades of blue and they've used them all.

Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Hmm just saw 'Winner's Pledge' on the Saints website. You pledge to donate a minimum of $2 per win. As long as my wife is happy, might sign up. Good initiative. Be even better if you could go into a draw to win some sort of prize (eg a corporate hospo package at a home game) if you sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back