Discussion Random Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Food related - after months of very very little rain, I planned a big spanish evening tonight for a few friends - lots of char grilled meats and seafoods over hot coals - so what happens - rain!!!!

The big charcoal griller is now in the garage smoking up the golf clubs, the wetsuits, every piece of camping gear in the shed and my work clothes are gonna stink for months. (well at least it will be a different aroma)

But what a beautiful smell it is!!!!

Where's the sparkling burgundy!!!!
Where's our invite?

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I’m a big fan of four n twenty pies I’ve been through the factory for work and marathon who make the dim sims and spring rolls.

Here’s the question, does it have to be a meat pie?.

I really like the Ferguson plarre butter chicken pie but at the footy it’s a meat pie or nothing imo.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Food related - after months of very very little rain, I planned a big spanish evening tonight for a few friends - lots of char grilled meats and seafoods over hot coals - so what happens - rain!!!!

The big charcoal griller is now in the garage smoking up the golf clubs, the wetsuits, every piece of camping gear in the shed and my work clothes are gonna stink for months. (well at least it will be a different aroma)

But what a beautiful smell it is!!!!

Where's the sparkling burgundy!!!!
That sounds amazing.. don’t wash the clothes, wetsuits or camping gear. Wear the smell as a badge of honour. Let people know what you did last night, they deserve the truth.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
That sounds amazing.. don’t wash the clothes, wetsuits or camping gear. Wear the smell as a badge of honour. Let people know what you did last night, they deserve the truth.
Ahh don't worry they knew - have you ever been to a barbie where the blokes haven't stood around the BBQ?

1 1/2 car garage packed with s*** + the charcoal griller and 5 blokes arguing if the food (prawns, tuna, sardines, chorizo, lamb, pork) was ready yet. I was surprised we were allowed back inside the house to eat!!!

More importantly though - its still raining!!!!! 35 mm - the best rain we've had for nearly 12 months.

Great night - relatively sober!!!!

Bit of a clean up this morning, but I'll need a serious nap before this afternoon's game - Go Saints

Ahh don't worry they knew - have you ever been to a barbie where the blokes haven't stood around the BBQ?

1 1/2 car garage packed with s*** + the charcoal griller and 5 blokes arguing if the food (prawns, tuna, sardines, chorizo, lamb, pork) was ready yet. I was surprised we were allowed back inside the house to eat!!!

More importantly though - its still raining!!!!! 35 mm - the best rain we've had for nearly 12 months.

Great night - relatively sober!!!!

Bit of a clean up this morning, but I'll need a serious nap before this afternoon's game - Go Saints

Where are you located, sounds dry.

East Gippsland - lowest on record last 6 months following on from 1/2 normal rain for the last two years.

Unfortunately it looks like the hardest hit area from Sale/Stratford has missed it all.

Yeah we have property in Gippsland and the bush is super dry our way too. We had fires near by but luckily missed us. I was down near Sale recently and it was burning near there on our way down. Hopefully the winter gets some rain. Gippsland has had a long period of unpredictable rain fall. We are on the Thompson river and the lower weir is hardly dripping, when I was young the thing cascaded all year. They have blue green algae it's so stagnant.

I’m a big fan of four n twenty pies I’ve been through the factory for work and marathon who make the dim sims and spring rolls.

Here’s the question, does it have to be a meat pie?.

I really like the Ferguson plarre butter chicken pie but at the footy it’s a meat pie or nothing imo.

When I was young and playing cricket, used to be batting partners with a Sri Lankan and we became good friends. Suffice to say, does not have to be just meat pies, I miss having several kind of curried pies.

That being said, I can't really do frozen pies, the pastry never tastes the same and it ruins it for me. Bakery, home or nothing

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
When I was young and playing cricket, used to be batting partners with a Sri Lankan and we became good friends. Suffice to say, does not have to be just meat pies, I miss having several kind of curried pies.

That being said, I can't really do frozen pies, the pastry never tastes the same and it ruins it for me. Bakery, home or nothing
Definitely better fresh but some come up surprisingly well from frozen these days, Herbert Adams gourmet range are pretty good imo.

Wrap em up on a paper towel and microwave for 5 minutes.

Then pop them.in the over at 100 for another two, no the pastry Browns.

What kind of Italian advocates for frozen food. You should be ashamed.

Any fans of the Married At First sight show that's been showing ? We have been watching it but im angry now as I realise its fake . Heres my proof.
First , the so called experts are watching the Dinner parties and making comments , then Jess and Dan sneak away and talk together , which we see so that means the experts see it too . Its obvious that the two are starting an affair but the experts pretend to be shocked a few eps later when it comes out even though they had been watching what we had been . Just to prove it in a later episode the experts are actually shown watching the video of a later meet between the couple .
Second , couples who have left the show claim that the experts are fed what to say by the producers through ear pieces when they are on the couch.

Third , half of the people in this years show have been shown to be at least part time actors , with parts on soaps and lots of ads . Jess and Deano actually did an ad together a couple years ago .

Forth , most of the women on this years show have had a lot of plastic surgery on the lead up to the show with breasts , lips , botox , face fillers whatever that is , etc

and Finally go to this link and check the editing stuff ups that have gone to air this year . These are the ones spotted by fans . I wonder how many things were reshot for other reasons lol.
https://www.nowtolove.com.au/realit...ht/married-at-first-sight-editing-fails-54266

I will never watch this show again , its obvious it is fake . Did I mention that the couples are chosen to be together by the producers and not the socalled xperts , plenty of past contestents have mentioned this too .

I’m like your son.. I now take 30min to eat the pie and I can sense people watching me and judging me.. so much so I can nervous when I buy the pie. I know I’ll be pie shamed once I rip the plastic bag off.

Don’t read this thread much, but now that I know you’re solving all these first world problems on here, I might have to come back a bit more often :p

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don’t read this thread much, but now that I know you’re solving all these first world problems on here, I might have to come back a bit more often :p
Mate, you don’t know what you’ve been missing! Forgot google, if you want to know anything about anything, check this thread first! Perfectly named, very random and a great filler for when not much is happening at the footy.

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Any fans of the Married At First sight show that's been showing ? We have been watching it but im angry now as I realise its fake . Heres my proof.
First , the so called experts are watching the Dinner parties and making comments , then Jess and Dan sneak away and talk together , which we see so that means the experts see it too . Its obvious that the two are starting an affair but the experts pretend to be shocked a few eps later when it comes out even though they had been watching what we had been . Just to prove it in a later episode the experts are actually shown watching the video of a later meet between the couple .
Second , couples who have left the show claim that the experts are fed what to say by the producers through ear pieces when they are on the couch.

Third , half of the people in this years show have been shown to be at least part time actors , with parts on soaps and lots of ads . Jess and Deano actually did an ad together a couple years ago .

Forth , most of the women on this years show have had a lot of plastic surgery on the lead up to the show with breasts , lips , botox , face fillers whatever that is , etc

and Finally go to this link and check the editing stuff ups that have gone to air this year . These are the ones spotted by fans . I wonder how many things were reshot for other reasons lol.
https://www.nowtolove.com.au/realit...ht/married-at-first-sight-editing-fails-54266

I will never watch this show again , its obvious it is fake . Did I mention that the couples are chosen to be together by the producers and not the socalled xperts , plenty of past contestents have mentioned this too .

I think i saw the add before it came on , and immediately got to the point you are at now.

I think i saw the add before it came on , and immediately got to the point you are at now.

I did a screen test where they were going to use my professional expertise on a reality show. They asked me if I had any moral objections to basically acting rather than being factual. I obviously didn't if money was involved but once I didn't get the part I did.....it was an outrage. Also ruined any inkling of belief that reality television is anything but staged.

And MAFS is defo staged on top of that. Several were working in the media already.

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I did a screen test where they were going to use my professional expertise on a reality show. They asked me if I had any moral objections to basically acting rather than being factual. I obviously didn't if money was involved but once I didn't get the part I did.....it was an outrage. Also ruined any inkling of belief that reality television is anything but staged.

And MAFS is defo staged on top of that. Several were working in the media already.

Back in the day a friends sister got on "Perfect Match " because she knew the producer, and surprise surprise, she was matched up with a ( Gay ) guy she already knew, and Dexter the robot even came off for them.

Anyway they enjoyed the prize.

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Without getting too much nasty politics into it, how would we get to the point where half the new cars sold are electric cars within a decade ?

1. Right now the vehicle of choice is probably around 50% pickup trucks, mirroring the trend in the USA. Even with small cars people are preferring a Mazda CX3 SUV, with less space than a cheaper, roomier, better to drive, more efficient, better performing Mazda 2.

2. How do we charge electric cars without a reliable power supply? We've had brownouts due to lack of power supply at the sort of time people would like to be putting their cars on charge. Please don't tell me we are going to build a coal power station to charge the electric cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back