Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the Game of Thrones theme on fox footy.

Wonder which house saints will be?

The House Clinton-Jones wants to take out that little Lannister bloke is all I know.

Israel Folau has just had his 4 million dollar ARU Contract torn up for criticising homosexuals. What I want to know is who is standing up for the rest of those he bagged? Who's standing up for the rest of us? The liars, thieves, drunks, atheists and idolaters. Won't somebody think of us? I'm looking at you, MM and VDS66.
I'm there for you bro, always fighting the good fight.

In order to overcome the missing sock conundrum, I know purchase black socks in bundles of five.

Problem is I now have 17 black socks.

And speaking of unappreciative drivers, I find most are OK. My work takes place in a certain geographical location which is a multicultural melting pot.

What I have found is a higher % of drivers who don't acknowledge to be foreign.

Now don't go all racist on me. It's a cultural thing. Like certain folk who cram into a train or tram without waiting for others to alight. We see it as rude, they see it as normal.

Try getting off a train or bus on Sanghai and you'll know what I mean.

Often I also find the reason why some drivers don't wave is because they are too busy texting to look up and say thanks.

Why do people swing out to the right before turning left?

I find that men are far more likely than women to give a thank you wave if you pull aside to let them pass, but my real pet hate is sitting in the right hand lane at a traffic light and the (non- indicating) person in front of you decides to turn right!

Israel Folau has just had his 4 million dollar ARU Contract torn up for criticising homosexuals. What I want to know is who is standing up for the rest of those he bagged? Who's standing up for the rest of us? The liars, thieves, drunks, atheists and idolaters. Won't somebody think of us? I'm looking at you, MM and VDS66.
Indeed....Who is our spokesperson? Whatever happened to the Marlboro Man?
The disturbing thing is i think i qualify for all those things that Israel clearly can not tolerate, except for the homosexuality but being Greek
You learn to never say never! If only there was a dude as handsome as me, then maybe!

Yet i still don't believe Folau should be sacked!

Indeed....Who is our spokesperson? Whatever happened to the Marlboro Man?
The disturbing thing is i think i qualify for all those things that Israel clearly can not tolerate, except for the homosexuality but being Greek
You learn to never say never! If only there was a dude as handsome as me, then maybe!

Yet i still don't believe Folau should be sacked!

Must admit I'm.not comfortable with the idea of sacking him TBH.

It's a bit of overkill.

Here is an interesting thing i just found on youtube just by luck as usual . Its about the biggest nuclear explosion ever , by the Soviets which is a surprise . Its 4 times larger than any the US did . How big a bomb was it , well if you include all the bombs from world war two and then times it by ten , thats how big . Ive never heard of this before , amazing .

Don’t Panic !!

Here is an interesting thing i just found on youtube just by luck as usual . Its about the biggest nuclear explosion ever , by the Soviets which is a surprise . Its 4 times larger than any the US did . How big a bomb was it , well if you include all the bombs from world war two and then times it by ten , thats how big . Ive never heard of this before , amazing .

Don’t Panic !!

Meh! ive done bigger at Altona Beach
NDyV.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in my day, we lived in a shoe box in t' middle of the road...

Cardboard box ?

Aye .

You were lucky .

We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

Don’t Panic !!

Just spent the last week or so driving up the east coast with two Yanks.
Nice people but fierce Trump acolytes and I have to say: that is a totally different world.
It is impossible to break that bubble and still retain a friendship.
These two would disown their children if they ever married a Democrat.
I am talking seriously f***ed.
Let's hope that, with all of our faults, we never get to that level of dysfunction.

Anyway, lunch at the Boathouse on Pittwater was very pleasant Sunday.
Watching the upmarket toys drive past, and the upmarket women in those toys, was very pleasant.

Given that, and the fact that I'm touring with these two, I have not had the opportunity to watch the Freo game nor catch up on the chatter here.
Similarly, for the Hawks game.

But I have managed to watch the last qtr and a bit of Sunday's game.
And caught a bit of your commentary in the game day and post mortem threads.

You guys are so bi polar in your commentary.
It makes great reading.

First: my mea culpa.

Lonie: I was wrong - never thought he would make it, too much staging and taking wrong options.

For mine: he was BOG on Sunday.
Loved his toughness and leadership, particularly in the back half and in the last few minutes.

Acres: what a last half. That transition to Gresh through seven (?) Hawks was sublime.

Wilkie: risk/return. Has they ever been a greater return on a higher risk player than Wilkie? Rookie listed mature ager that plays like a top 20 draft pick five years in to a career.

Parker: pointy elbows, all sinew and tough as red gum. One of these days he is going to pull a screamer in the goal square. He nearly did it on Sunday in the third (?) but Hamish called him as Membery (?).

Kent: not great but I liked a couple of his tough plays. Worth a few more games I reckon.

Parker/Long forward pressure is brilliant.
Hunting defenders is still allowed?

Finally: I have not seen us play as we did in the last qtr and a bit since the halcyon days of RTB.
That was seriously good football.
Seriously good.

But still a work in progress.

We are going to cause a few teams problems this year.

And best news: I picked seven winners.
(Don't ask me about the prior week though).

Try living above it Sunny. Canada truly is the nicely refurbished apartment above a Crack den... My wife, son and I were in Florida earlier this year, holidaying at the in laws, and at the pool we meet a couple of Trump supporters. We asked them about there opinions and there feelings towards the other side of politics... Well the next half hours was an eye opener!

Regardless, I was wrong about Lonie, I think many of us were... HIs tackling has been what has impressed me. He just couldn't stick them last year, there years he's the best clown at the rodeo.

For those checking out iptv on Windows 10 , i recommend the iptv player called MyIPTV in the microsoft store . Its free and its program guide is good.
Been stuffing around today until i just realised the stations i thought were missing like HBO are actually listed under Movies rather than the US.

Absolute disgraceful outcome... And these idiots bang on about sound economic management!

https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/tech/2019/04/09/nbn-accc-slow-speeds/
The Libs attempt at the NBN was absolutely shambolic. Increase the cost of labor's by 10 billion dollars. Decrease the speed to 1% of what it would be under Labor's initial plan. Outsource the jobs to foreign workers who incorrectly install fibre optics, then make people pay to have fibre optics laid from the street to their house else just have copper speed and THEN make them pay more than they do for ADSL and don't give them another option.

Party of economic management everybody.

Try living above it Sunny. Canada truly is the nicely refurbished apartment above a Crack den... My wife, son and I were in Florida earlier this year, holidaying at the in laws, and at the pool we meet a couple of Trump supporters. We asked them about there opinions and there feelings towards the other side of politics... Well the next half hours was an eye opener!

Regardless, I was wrong about Lonie, I think many of us were... HIs tackling has been what has impressed me. He just couldn't stick them last year, there years he's the best clown at the rodeo.
Canada is, and always will be, the designated driver for North America.
I was in Detroit one time, waiting for my connection to Toronto.
Bar, lonely travellers.
This guy hears my accent and starts ups conversation.
During which he:
Produces his copy of the Constitution and Amendments, with the Second highlighted.
Shakes with zealous fervour when talking about that Amendment.
Praises the NRA
And tells me he’s also heading to Canada to revitalise one of your lakes for the bird life.
So he can shoot the s**t out of them.
Never so happy to get on a plane in my life!!

Canada is, and always will be, the designated driver for North America.
I was in Detroit one time, waiting for my connection to Toronto.
Bar, lonely travellers.
This guy hears my accent and starts ups conversation.
During which he:
Produces his copy of the Constitution and Amendments, with the Second highlighted.
Shakes with zealous fervour when talking about that Amendment.
Praises the NRA
And tells me he’s also heading to Canada to revitalise one of your lakes for the bird life.
So he can shoot the s**t out of them.
Never so happy to get on a plane in my life!!
Didn’t he get on your plane?

Not sure if any of you follow Ice Hockey but since moving to Sweden it has become a passion of mine.

This time of year with the playoffs and Stanley Cup really showcase the sport, it is fantastic and intense to watch.

There's also the thing that fighting (at least in the NHL) is still a big thing. It is strange with how other sports are getting rid of it, it is still allowed in Ice Hockey.

On that note, here's a fight from the game last night between the Washington Capitals (defending Stanley Cup champions) and the Carolina Hurricanes. This fight is unusual for a couple of reasons.

1. It involves Alexander Ovechkin. Ovechkin (or Ovi as he's known) is a very popular player, he's an offensive weapon, a real sniper who, while certainly big and capable of getting physical with his hitting, rarely ever fights
2. It has Ovi squaring up against a young fellow Russian starting out in the league who, from all accounts, has idolised Ovi growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back