Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sander with 36 grit disk.

Ouch, I'm guessing like sand paper, high numbers are finer, so that's like a super quick way to take flesh off. I bought myself a new box cutter knife thing a few years ago and was showing someone how sharp it was by cutting something and sticking through my palm and out the back of my hand. Stupid and repulsive at the same time.

Ouch, I'm guessing like sand paper, high numbers are finer, so that's like a super quick way to take flesh off. I bought myself a new box cutter knife thing a few years ago and was showing someone how sharp it was by cutting something and sticking through my palm and out the back of my hand. Stupid and repulsive at the same time.
Supringly it doesn't hurt that much. Even bleeding wise it want much. It looks worse than it was.

Supringly it doesn't hurt that much. Even bleeding wise it want much. It looks worse than it was.
My brother still has freckles on just one cheek, after falling of a horse and sliding along the gravel road on the other cheek.
Maybe it could be a new form of plastic surgery.
We already have the thing where they put neurotoxic protein into their skin to cause partial paralysis and reduce wrinkles.
They inject cow protein into their lips to give them that "just punched" look.
I can't see why we couldn't use your sander on their faces to get rid of a few freckles or other minor blemishes.

You guys have made me laugh and feel a bit better about some of the dumbass things I’ve done in the past, well done real blokes world specials.

Now to some real news on a cold wet Friday, I just ate a really good souvlakia from 12 Greek plates in Martin street Brighton. My search for a good local souvlakia is over, now on to a truly decent kebab.

Does anyone bother with Foxtel anymore? They are just about to drop the limited EPL coverage they have through a few clubs own tv channels. That leaves me with AFL, which I value, crappy old movies and ad riddled old tv shows that I don’t watch.
I thinking I’ll shift to an AFL subscription, Optus sport and Netflix. Anyone else have that set up?

Last edited:
Does anyone bother with Foxtel anymore? They are just about to drop the limited EPL coverage they have through a few clubs own tv channels. That leaves me with AFL, which I value, crappy old movies and ad riddled old tv shows that I don’t.
I thinking I’ll shift to an AFL subscription, Optus sport and Netflix. Anyone else have that set up?
I’ve kept it for the sport, MLB, NFL and the college football being the main reason.

There are lots of other sporting events I watch on Foxtel, it’s really handy to record the Giro for example and watch it when you feel like it. You’re right though without the sport it’s absolute garbage and expensive in comparison to other services like Netflix, Stan etc.

I just read that they are looking at increasing the cost again and dropping off some minor sports, they’re looking less attractive by the day.

Does anyone bother with Foxtel anymore? They are just about to drop the limited EPL coverage they have through a few clubs own tv channels. That leaves me with AFL, which I value, crappy old movies and ad riddled old tv shows that I don’t watch.

I use Kayo - it has all the foxtel sport on it. $25 a month.

Greenpeace are ruining any credibility they have, preferring to make a bullshit political stunt a week before an election, to actually addressing the facts.

FACT: There is not a new "emergency" in global warming that the Australian Government or a state of emergency can address. Particularly not this week.
FACT: Australia produces 1.3% of the world's emissions. If the government stopped all emissions from Australia, the rest of the world would make up the shortfall in no time. We would have negligible effect.

I understand the whole "we want to do our bit " thing. But cutting Australia's emissions is a purely symbolic gesture. Emissions per capita don't cause global warming... total emissions cause global warming. Do your bit if you like, but don't go saying its a "National " emergency.. Nations are irrelevant, particularly ours.

Their bullshit publicity stunt is not even carbon neutral. They probably flew into Sydney ( aviation fuel ). The disrupted traffic on the bridge would be putting out additional pollution, not to mention News Choppers.

I thought Greenpeace was a "Global" organisation.
International Shipping are responsible for 2.2% of the global emissions. The emissions are not likely to be allocated against any particular country.
Get off your lazy grandstanding ass and do something useful Greenpeace. While i'm sure your abseiling hero's are having a great time ( who wouldn't want to abseil of the harbour bridge, terrific fun ) you've achieved no more than you would have if you dropped an Egg on Morrison's head.
------
My other political gripe.
Palmer's ( who i have no intention of ever voting for ) advertising comes across far better than the major parties. He hasn't dumbed it down as much as they have.

Labour have a "positive " campaign.. where they are "positive" that Morrison is no good and they will try to smear him with anything they can.
Liberal found a catchy pun about "the Bill you cant afford" so they just push that agenda. ( Seriously have they employed subeditors from the Heraldsun ).

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to see it fall; did it really fall?
Big Footy translation:
If you're self employed, sit in front of a computer, and have Big Footy up on the console; is it cheating the client when the client is not there to see it?

It depends if the client is being charged for a product or for the time spent on BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenpeace are ruining any credibility they have, preferring to make a ******** political stunt a week before an election, to actually addressing the facts.

FACT: There is not a new "emergency" in global warming that the Australian Government or a state of emergency can address. Particularly not this week.
FACT: Australia produces 1.3% of the world's emissions. If the government stopped all emissions from Australia, the rest of the world would make up the shortfall in no time. We would have negligible effect.

I understand the whole "we want to do our bit " thing. But cutting Australia's emissions is a purely symbolic gesture. Emissions per capita don't cause global warming... total emissions cause global warming. Do your bit if you like, but don't go saying its a "National " emergency.. Nations are irrelevant, particularly ours.

Their ******** publicity stunt is not even carbon neutral. They probably flew into Sydney ( aviation fuel ). The disrupted traffic on the bridge would be putting out additional pollution, not to mention News Choppers.

I thought Greenpeace was a "Global" organisation.
International Shipping are responsible for 2.2% of the global emissions. The emissions are not likely to be allocated against any particular country.
Get off your lazy grandstanding ass and do something useful Greenpeace. While i'm sure your abseiling hero's are having a great time ( who wouldn't want to abseil of the harbour bridge, terrific fun ) you've achieved no more than you would have if you dropped an Egg on Morrison's head.
------
My other political gripe.
Palmer's ( who i have no intention of ever voting for ) advertising comes across far better than the major parties. He hasn't dumbed it down as much as they have.

Labour have a "positive " campaign.. where they are "positive" that Morrison is no good and they will try to smear him with anything they can.
Liberal found a catchy pun about "the Bill you cant afford" so they just push that agenda. ( Seriously have they employed subeditors from the Heraldsun ).

I think it's off the back of the UN report claiming that 1 million species are at risk if we don't immediately act on it. Nothing is getting done because government is backing industry over citizens. It is something a majority of the population want to act on but politicians refuse here. In the UK both sides of politics have been bipartisan on the issue and spent a week without using coal recently. Greenpeace have always been a publicity stunt organisation so it's really trying to shock people into action. I can seriously see a Sea shepherd type climate terrorist organisation starting soon. It's almost inevitable with the passion it creates.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...n/news-story/e57a81c49ffa78432dba2025c2fad2f7

The ads I love best are the Liberals saying the Bill you can't afford is him taxing everything then saying that we'll have to pay back his dept from it? WTF, how do your kids pay for him taxing us more? At least make sense. The labor one with his top end of town crap is embarrassing too.

I think it's off the back of the UN report claiming that 1 million species are at risk if we don't immediately act on it. Nothing is getting done because government is backing industry over citizens. It is something a majority of the population want to act on but politicians refuse here. In the UK both sides of politics have been bipartisan on the issue and spent a week without using coal recently. Greenpeace have always been a publicity stunt organisation so it's really trying to shock people into action. I can seriously see a Sea shepherd type climate terrorist organisation starting soon. It's almost inevitable with the passion it creates.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...n/news-story/e57a81c49ffa78432dba2025c2fad2f7

The ads I love best are the Liberals saying the Bill you can't afford is him taxing everything then saying that we'll have to pay back his dept from it? WTF, how do your kids pay for him taxing us more? At least make sense. The labor one with his top end of town crap is embarrassing too.
They are all Pigeons

Foxtel have never had a decent package with SciFi shows and AFL to suit our family.
Lucky i'm not an unscrupulous individual or i'd watch it all on illegal streams.

Apparently all of them are talking about what "they say" their opponents are "going to do".
So the Liberals are talking about the taxes that Labor will raise after they get in to finance their lucrative promises.

Similarly Labor are talking about the Education funding shortfall that Liberal are on track for ( still an increase on the current) ......compared to the funding that Labor are proposing to have 2 budgets into the future if they get elected.

Getting ******* sick of the Hollowmen.

On the Environment. Australia has 1.5% of global emmissions.
Now it would be great if we could drive Bill's electric cars. ( there are a million good reasons why that promise was idiocy and the best the Liberal dickheads could come out with , was that it would be like driving a toaster. Dumbass obviously doesn't know about Tesla ) and fix Australia's climate. But it GLOBAL.
We can stop all of our Emissions and this will still be happening.
---------------------------------
A report released yesterday by a consortium of researchers known as the GlobalCarbon Project finds that global carbon dioxide emissions from burning fossil fuels are likely to have increased by about 2.7 percent in 2018, after a 1.6 percentincrease in 2017
----------------------------------
Global carbon emissions in 2018 are set to hit an all-time high of 37.1bn tonnes. Almost all countries are contributing to the rise, with emissions in China up 4.7%, in the US by 2.5% and in India by 6.3% in 2018. The EU's emissions are near flat, but this follows a decade of strong falls.Dec 5, 2018

Every year the GLOBAL emissions increase by more than ALL of Australia's emissions.

Now if you came from another planet and saw this problem , and decided to convince the idiot humans to fix it. Would you single out the Australian Prime Minister ? Looks like a job for SUPERSCOTT.
Yet Greenpeace , who have been on the scene a bit longer, seem to think thats the appropriate place to start.
I guess if they tried their BS in China they'd quietly vanish. Maybe even in the US :/ Chickenshit Greenpeace choosing soft, but insignificant targets.

Europe doing great, but by the same token, lets not forget that Australia still has a lot of remote places that still have to generate their own.

Hey I have a great idea. We could get all of Energy from Alkaline D Cells. If we import them from China or India , the energy from making them won't count against Australia and we will reduce our Emissions. OK its stupid, but it points out that anything to do with global warming needs to take a holistic approach.

Apparently all of them are talking about what "they say" their opponents are "going to do".
So the Liberals are talking about the taxes that Labor will raise after they get in to finance their lucrative promises.

Similarly Labor are talking about the Education funding shortfall that Liberal are on track for ( still an increase on the current) ......compared to the funding that Labor are proposing to have 2 budgets into the future if they get elected.

Now it would be great if we could drive Bill's electric cars. ( there are a million good reasons why that promise was idiocy and the best the Liberal dickheads could come out with , was that it would be like driving a toaster. Dumbass obviously doesn't know about Tesla ) and fix Australia's climate. But it GLOBAL.
A report released yesterday by a consortium of researchers known as the GlobalCarbon Project finds that global carbon dioxide emissions from burning fossil fuels are likely to have increased by about 2.7 percent in 2018, after a 1.6 percentincrease in 2017
Global carbon emissions in 2018 are set to hit an all-time high of 37.1bn tonnes. Almost all countries are contributing to the rise, with emissions in China up 4.7%, in the US by 2.5% and in India by 6.3% in 2018. The EU's emissions are near flat, but this follows a decade of strong falls.Dec 5, 2018

Every year the GLOBAL emissions increase by more than ALL of Australia's emissions.

Now if you came from another planet and saw this problem , and decided to convince the idiot humans to fix it. Would you single out the Australian Prime Minister ? Looks like a job for SUPERSCOTT.
Yet Greenpeace , who have been on the scene a bit longer, seem to think thats the appropriate place to start.
I guess if they tried their BS in China they'd quietly vanish. Maybe even in the US :/ Chickenshit Greenpeace choosing soft, but insignificant targets.

Europe doing great, but by the same token, lets not forget that Australia still has a lot of remote places that still have to generate their own.

Hey I have a great idea. We could get all of Energy from Alkaline D Cells. If we import them from China or India , the energy from making them won't count against Australia and we will reduce our Emissions. OK its stupid, but it points out that anything to do with global warming needs to take a holistic approach.

80 odd countries have similar emissions to Australia... how would global emissions be effected if they all followed the lead of a country like Australia in moving towards an energy economy based heavily on renewables?

I find the whole 'we don't do too much damage so why should we do anything' argument to be absolutely pathetic. It's not as if we don't have the expertise and climate conditions to become a world leader by transitioning away from coal.

Anyway, the reason I came to this thread was to post news that the New Orleans Pelicans have won the NBA draft lottery after having only a 6% chance of doing so. Wolves with #2 and Knicks got #3.

Zion going to the Big Easy!

Agree. Let's just sticknour head in the sand and do nothing.

That'll fix it...

Pathetic.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to see it fall; did it really fall?
Big Footy translation:
If you're self employed, sit in front of a computer, and have Big Footy up on the console; is it cheating the client when the client is not there to see it?

Strawman argument.

There aren't any forests left.

We had my daughters long hair clog up the turbo head on the vac cleaner.

Was trying to cut through it a pair of pointy surgical scissors. Slipped and straight through the webbing on my left hand.

A mate nearly sliced his leg off with a circular saw.

It happens.

even if you do not believe in climate change, surely you can't disagree with the reasoning behind moving away from fossil fuels... i mean even if you look at it from a national security point of view it makes sense to get away from them ASAP

renewable's are definitely the way to go and if someone like the UK is moving there faster than we are, i think we should accept we have an issue with innovation in this country. slowly falling behind with no real want to stay ahead of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back