Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's a lie.
and...
No-one is following our lead. ( which is not a lead .

We are actually pretty high emitters for a small population that off shored all our industry. 1.7 percent was it? That's much bigger than our global percentage of population I imagine.[/QUOTE]

Its true we are. We are also pretty small for the amount of land we have per capita.
Its kind of putting your head in the sand to suggest that if Germany can just do it so can we.
Infrastructure costs per capita are higher as well.
I still think we need to start with the Energy Infrastructure first ,and worry about things like cars later.

Maybe not , but you aren't saving the planet :D
I'm morally bankrupt so that's worse.

I would love to see one of those electric crap boxes out where i travel, and they are still working out how to safely dispose of those 5k batteries when they are gone to heaven. I did see a little Diahatsu on the back road to from Wilcannia to Menindi once, an asian guy with the front end off. :drunk:

I took 4 toes off and they were all welded back on :D

I do a lot of remote traveling, i need all the torque a diesel has to offer, especially if i am out in the desert. I traded my old turbo diesel Landcruiser for a new D Max 12months ago, the emissions are Euro 5 complient on the new beast, all the pollution gear doesnt stop the little truck performing very well indeed.

Its hard to imagine electric vehicles ever being able to do that sort of work. You must laugh at the people in the cities with their spit polished 4WD's complete with snorkel and bull bar, who rarely go on a dirt track.

CO2 emmissions are not related to the Euro5 pollution control standards, though getting rid of the other pollutants is of course a good thing.
Many people are saying the days of Diesel are numbered , because they still produce a lot more Nitrous Oxide than petrol engines.

There is a movement to ban all internal combustion engines in much of Europe from 2030.
https://qz.com/1341155/nine-countri...-combustion-engines-none-have-a-law-to-do-so/

If that's going to be challenging in Europe then it will be more so in Australia.

Companies like Bosch are putting Diesel development on the back burner due to the push to electric.

In future you might be driving one of these.
https://electrek.co/2018/11/29/rivian-r1t-electric-pickup-truck-order/

Overseas trends will dictate what vehicles are available for purchase in Australia far more than political pressure here.

Its hard to imagine electric vehicles ever being able to do that sort of work. You must laugh at the people in the cities with their spit polished 4WD's complete with snorkel and bull bar, who rarely go on a dirt track.

CO2 emmissions are not related to the Euro5 pollution control standards, though getting rid of the other pollutants is of course a good thing.
Many people are saying the days of Diesel are numbered , because they still produce a lot more Nitrous Oxide than petrol engines.

There is a movement to ban all internal combustion engines in much of Europe from 2030.
https://qz.com/1341155/nine-countri...-combustion-engines-none-have-a-law-to-do-so/

If that's going to be challenging in Europe then it will be more so in Australia.

Companies like Bosch are putting Diesel development on the back burner due to the push to electric.

In future you might be driving one of these.
https://electrek.co/2018/11/29/rivian-r1t-electric-pickup-truck-order/

Overseas trends will dictate what vehicles are available for purchase in Australia far more than political pressure here.

This is my last car, so they wont get another penny out of me, i dont jump in and out of cars every 5mins, maybe every 15 to 20yrs. I do have a chuckle sometimes when i see a 6" lift, mud tyres and a snorkel smashing speed humps at woolies, a bit like the surfy guys have the boards on the roof but never hit the water :D

I wonder how these electric rigs would go on the Canning, oh wait you have to get fuel at the Kunawarritji Community or arrange a fuel dump from Capricorn , i will have a $5000 battery waiting for me when i get there, hey mate can i plug into your power? no get stuffed. :D

This is my last car, so they wont get another penny out of me, i dont jump in and out of cars every 5mins, maybe every 15 to 20yrs. I do have a chuckle sometimes when i see a 6" lift, mud tyres and a snorkel smashing speed humps at woolies, a bit like the surfy guys have the boards on the roof but never hit the water :D

I wonder how these electric rigs would go on the Canning, oh wait you have to get fuel at the Kunawarritji Community or arrange a fuel dump from Capricorn , i will have a $5000 battery waiting for me when i get there, hey mate can i plug into your power? no get stuffed. :D

I worked at GM's proving ground for a short time.
When GM purchased Saab in the 1990's, they put some Saab's on the rough track test used for Holden testing and development.
They ...sort of broke... a lot.

Europe is NOT Australia.

I worked at GM's proving ground for a short time.
When GM purchased Saab in the 1990's, they put some Saab's on the rough track test used for Holden testing and development.
They ...sort of broke... a lot.

Europe is NOT Australia.

Mercedes make some of the best offroad vehicles available, but the average bloke just cant afford a G Wagon o_O

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
What a great leader he was. United the country and along with Keating, reformed the economy to set up 30+ years of prosperity which many take for granted.
Hawke was a breath of fresh air for the working man, it was fantastic when he was elected.

Finally a politician who was bright, imaginative, compassionate and who could connect with the average joe. He also wasn’t a forelock tugging sycophant on the international stage. It wasn’t unusual to see him around as he lived in Sandringham for years, he was a pretty approachable guy. He was a charismatic guy blokes liked him and women loved him, Vale Robert James Lee Hawke.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
i grew up in the era of Hawke as PM... as a kid in school every kid in our class had to write a letter to the PM, i cant remember why nor can i remember what i wrote in it but i do remember that every child in the class got a reply letter personally signed by him i didnt think much of it back then but as an adult today looking back at it its a pretty classy thing to do ... i think back to that era and look at todays politicians and really it shows how the self interest drives everything today its not about working for the people its just about holding onto your seat and that is for all of the parties ...

Interestingly, I was speaking to a guy at the dog park. He's an engineer working on an Aussie project he reckons will be huge. He's working on a way to turn trash into hydrogen and when I said it was too volatile for fuel for cars, he said that they have some way to use it with ammonia or something ( I didn't quite understand that bit). He reckons it can process massive waste amounts and it's a self sustaining system. He reckon's that will be how they fuel a lot of cars.

Hawke was a breath of fresh air for the working man, it was fantastic when he was elected.

Finally a politician who was bright, imaginative, compassionate and who could connect with the average joe. He also wasn’t a forelock tugging sycophant on the international stage. It wasn’t unusual to see him around as he lived in Sandringham for years, he was a pretty approachable guy. He was a charismatic guy blokes liked him and women loved him, Vale Robert James Lee Hawke.

Yeah, politicians had vision and an interest in their people in those days. This article sums up where politics has got to now. They don't stander anything, do anything or even represent the majority of people..https://www.themonthly.com.au/today...3gWej5FR06k_XVf8iPuLyT2D_snQs66DkgHntJv5PRvAc

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interestingly, I was speaking to a guy at the dog park. He's an engineer working on an Aussie project he reckons will be huge. He's working on a way to turn trash into hydrogen and when I said it was too volatile for fuel for cars, he said that they have some way to use it with ammonia or something ( I didn't quite understand that bit). He reckons it can process massive waste amounts and it's a self sustaining system. He reckon's that will be how they fuel a lot of cars.
i cant say much but electric powered earthmoving and mining equipment is not far off from becoming a reality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Yeah, politicians had vision and an interest in their people in those days. This article sums up where politics has got to now. They don't stander anything, do anything or even represent the majority of people..https://www.themonthly.com.au/today...3gWej5FR06k_XVf8iPuLyT2D_snQs66DkgHntJv5PRvAc
Spot on it’s a disgraceful situation we find ourselves in.

Bob Hawke not only had a plan and ideas for the future he also had the ability to reach across the aisle to the opposition to get them onboard, plus he could sell his vision to the ordinary working people. He wasn’t condescending he just had the knack given his background off being able to talk with anyone.

Half these turds today look like they want to rush for some hand cleanser after meeting the voters.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

Apparently we have also pioneered a safe way to ship it to other countries.

Is this the same guy?

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Spot on it’s a disgraceful situation we find ourselves in.

Bob Hawke not only had a plan and ideas for the future he also had the ability to reach across the aisle to the opposition to get them onboard, plus he could sell his vision to the ordinary working people. He wasn’t condescending he just had the knack given his background off being able to talk with anyone.

Half these turds today look like they want to rush for some hand cleanser after meeting the voters.
Fixed terms and a Federal icac would be a good start IMO.

Whoever wins tomorrow really needs to work overtime the public's trust.

i cant say much but electric powered earthmoving and mining equipment is not far off from becoming a reality

You W.A guys think you know everything about mining. :p

https://www.victorianplaces.com.au/node/65026

Of course these were plugged into a power station.
The big trucks are already electric driven, so its a matter of changing the power source to the motors.

Hydrogen can't be practically liquefied so it has to be stored as a high pressure gas, giving it far less energy storage than a liquid fuel.
That severely limited the range for vehicles. They actually run fine.

Apparently we have also pioneered a safe way to ship it to other countries.

Is this the same guy?

No idea, I met him at the dog park, I thought he was a bit of a bum but he's loaded, lives on marine parade in St Kilda and has a staffy. I might have prejudged him on the dog. I was ready to invest after 10 minutes of listening to him.

nitewalker13

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
After so many years of experience, you would think at least in Australia, we will start using a technology to find people names during voting but no, we are going to use papers.

Also, most of the people in my areas had issues with their names not showing on local polling place.

How can you trust a government when they can't even make sure your names are in correct suburb during voting?

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would love to see one of those electric crap boxes out where i travel, and they are still working out how to safely dispose of those 5k batteries when they are gone to heaven. I did see a little Diahatsu on the back road to from Wilcannia to Menindi once, an asian guy with the front end off. :drunk:
Yeh those Tesla crap boxes that beat combustion engine cars in literally every metric and cost less that most of the new Hiluxs I see driving around :drunk:

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
After so many years of experience, you would think at least in Australia, we will start using a technology to find people names during voting but no, we are going to use papers.

Also, most of the people in my areas had issues with their names not showing on local polling place.

How can you trust a government when they can't even make sure your names are in correct suburb during voting?
You can't that's why they're gonna get voted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back