Discussion Random Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ash Barty - what an absolute champion!

Classy as! Someone we can really get behind and be proud of.

And not forgetting Dylan Alcott. What a great day for Australia :)

:star::clapping::star: :fire:
What a champion!
Wasnt just a win it was a drubbing.

Grats to DA also! Bloke just keeps on continuing his awesome form

Ash Barty - what an absolute champion!

Classy as! Someone we can really get behind and be proud of.

And not forgetting Dylan Alcott. What a great day for Australia :)

:star::clapping::star: :fire:
How good is it to get behind 2 Australian tennis stars that arent flogs!

Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just read the paper , which had an arrow pinpointing where the Winmar statue is going at Optus stadium.
It seems a very odd and not so prominent spot to put it. When the trees that already surround the spot mature , it will be extremely hard to see / find. It's away from the stadium , in the parklands surrounding it , on the river side , well away from where the large majority of people enter the arena. It is near the pub though.

Now this is awesome...

This simple Aussie pollution solution is taking the world by storm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-...lution-solution-takes-world-by-storm/11190266

I went to Malaysia more than 25 years ago, and it was notable how many plastic bags were littering the place there. My mates an i noted that you bought a can of coke, and they give it to you in a plastic bag.

I was almost dismayed when the same thing happened in Thailand last year. " No, no bag ..no bag... " still got the bag for my can of coke.
That sock is a handy thing, but who are the assholes dropping all this crap in the first place?

Subjectively i think Australia has more people littering than in the past.
Do we need a public guilt advertising campaign? Tougher fines or what?

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
I went to Malaysia more than 25 years ago, and it was notable how many plastic bags were littering the place there. My mates an i noted that you bought a can of coke, and they give it to you in a plastic bag.

I was almost dismayed when the same thing happened in Thailand last year. " No, no bag ..no bag... " still got the bag for my can of coke.
That sock is a handy thing, but who are the assholes dropping all this crap in the first place?

Labour government..

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

Maybe we just need parents to mentor their kids better and set the example.

Maybe society as a whole can become mindful that we have to livecwith each other and there drive community standards.

Or we just copy Singapore and give offenders the cane.

Maybe we just need parents to mentor their kids better and set the example.

Maybe society as a whole can become mindful that we have to livecwith each other and there drive community standards.

Or we just copy Singapore and give offenders the cane.

No doubt, then we can wait 20 years and see if we did it right and if its working.

Whatever mate.

My place backs onto a busy enough road, its constantly strewn with litter along the edge. You came up with the big "mentor the kids thing".
For a lot of people that's duh!!!.
For the people throwing their macca's out the windows, i guess they aren't going to be great mentors.

So yeah "whatever mate" !! Labor party will fix it. :drunk:

I actually think regarding looking after the earth kids have us covered by a fair way. Maybe they should be talking to us

Some do, we had some little campaigner chuck all her rubbish from her school lunch over our fence and other stuff up the street. Dumb ass had peeled her blazer label with her name and Melbourne Grammar on it. I was going to call the school then thought thats the sort of dumb s**t I'd have done at that age.

My place backs onto a busy enough road, its constantly strewn with litter along the edge. You came up with the big "mentor the kids thing".
For a lot of people that's duh!!!.
For the people throwing their macca's out the windows, i guess they aren't going to be great mentors.

So yeah "whatever mate" !! Labor party will fix it. :drunk:

My wife being a crazy psycho bitch saw some young bogan guys open their car door on Carlisle street and drop the bags of rubbish in the gutter. She picked it up and threw it in their window and told them they were ******* pigs. I thought she was going to get me bashed but they were in shock.

She also yelled at some guy spitting in a park on the playground. He shat himself, she's a handful.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
My wife being a crazy psycho bitch saw some young bogan guys open their car door on Carlisle street and drop the bags of rubbish in the gutter. She picked it up and threw it in their window and told them they were ******* pigs. I thought she was going to get me bashed but they were in shock.

She also yelled at some guy spitting in a park on the playground. He shat himself, she's a handful.
As long as the doesn't try that s**t in Dandenong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back