MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
If you want to have a laugh at the Poms' expense and the state of our country, with the Brexit shambles and the imminent prospect of Boris Johnson becoming prime minister, here's an example of the brain power of the people who call in to national radio stations over here to offer their opinions on the most important issues of the day...

Any chance Australia will re-introduce the ten pound Poms immigration system?

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well I did actually stay 15 minutes walk south of Positano proper. It was just where the Path of the Gods met the main road. The Path of the Gods being a stunning half day walk.

Below us there was a small private beach which was quite nice. The b&b we were at had a huge private garden terrace. It was quite magical.

Here in Greece we have just spent a week on Naxos at Plaka Beach which was very relaxed with a real sandy beach. The ouzo dulls the pain of watching our last two games.
Were in Amalfi but have gone all out so have private beach and hotel. Will likely get a ferry to Positano this afternoon if my better half is able to get me off the subbed and forcibly remove be my lemon spritz (when in Rome 😉) from my hand. Will take a look at that path if the gods walk as we’re looking to get some exercise at some point! Just wish the Saints would give me something to celebrate over here, other than my marriage of course!!!!

Were in Amalfi but have gone all out so have private beach and hotel. Will likely get a ferry to Positano this afternoon if my better half is able to get me off the subbed and forcibly remove be my lemon spritz (when in Rome 😉) from my hand. Will take a look at that path if the gods walk as we’re looking to get some exercise at some point! Just wish the Saints would give me something to celebrate over here, other than my marriage of course!!!!

The gardens at Ravello with a view out over the coast are pretty good too, I'm not a real walking around gardens type but it is pretty outstanding.

Chapel street driving at 9/9.30am

Yay or nay?

What day? It's got a slow speed limit always so it doesn't tend to be a major through road. It's depends on which part as well. Around the Windsor end there is lots of action for the schools and train station so can get busy near Dandenong road.

Hmm seems to have changed now
Wants to take me down pickes st and come in to glen Huntley then neopen hwy.
Weird
It wanted me down chapel earlier

To get to linton st on friday morn

Where are you going to be coming from?

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
By the way kiddo's..

I'm starting to put together my team for next year in NY. May start for June opening.

I've decided to do two big developments. Bar, restaurant, rooftop style.

If there are any keen hospo peeps from all job titles, that want an adventure of a lifetime, please PM me.

Gringo, I already received your with thanks.

About 15 mins west of cbd

You would probably come over the west gate and onto Kings way, merge onto Brighton road which is Nepean hwy further along, left on South Road, into Linton street (after a U turn) and your there. Or are you docklands? Either way get onto Kings street (Kings way further up) and it pretty much becomes Brighton Road.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
You would probably come over the west gate and onto Kings way, merge onto Brighton road which is Nepean hwy further along, left on South Road, into Linton street (after a U turn) and your there. Or are you docklands? Either way get onto Kings street (Kings way further up) and it pretty much becomes Brighton Road.
Another way would be to take the scenic route.

Get onto the beach road and follow it around then turn left up south road and then right into Linton street, can’t miss.

If you want to have a laugh at the Poms' expense and the state of our country, with the Brexit shambles and the imminent prospect of Boris Johnson becoming prime minister, here's an example of the brain power of the people who call in to national radio stations over here to offer their opinions on the most important issues of the day...

Any chance Australia will re-introduce the ten pound Poms immigration system?

It's uncanny. It's like listening to 3AW

So, dripping tap and I kinda want to put a hole in the wall as the tiles are pissing me off since you can't get clean connection with a spanner to tighten things.

Primarily as old man bought s**t washers that disintegrate under any sort of water pressure and I only find out about things at what, 7:30pm when suddenly water is off and fittings are already removed, then he forgets how to put it back together, then tough s**t. And now random dog again, who, when I was trying to tighten said fitting, tried to sniff my arse and jump on my back.

FML.

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
It's uncanny. It's like listening to 3AW

The Brexit debacle has certainly revealed how many stupid and/or unpleasant people there are in British society. There's the harmless fools who have believed decades of anti-EU propaganda in the right wing press, then there's the racists/Islamophobes/conspiracy theorists/lunatics who are nasty pieces of work and feel emboldened by Brexit, as demonstrated on these phone ins etc. They conflate the EU with all kinds of other unrelated issues to create a mish-mash of nonsense.

Last edited:
The Brexit debacle has certainly revealed how many stupid and/or unpleasant people there are in British society. There's the harmless fools who have believed decades of anti-EU propaganda in the right wing press, then there's the racists/Islamophobes/conspiracy theorists/lunatics who are nasty pieces of work and feel emboldened by Brexit, as demonstrated on these phone ins etc. They conflate the EU with all kinds of other unrelated issues to create a mish-mash of nonsense.

It's a tricky one, there is a lot of nostalgia fo the old days of tariffs and social services. People think some kind of past glory will return. Unfortunately with globalisation it's never going back. You get isolated and punished if you try to get out of the system. Britain hitched to a train and now wants to uncouple while the thing is running flat chat.

I was speaking to some French guys who hate the EU, it's really good for corporations and trade but is not always in the interest of the citizens....but then politics has moved beyond that generally. Brexit won't change it. One guy is an electrician who lost all his work to Poles and Romanians who come in a van and sleep in it and undercut all their work. They go out and quote jobs but never get them. Another has a double degree in Law and Economics and could only get work in cafes pouring coffee for tourists, living an hour out of Paris and just scarping by.

People want things to change and anyone that offers a way out sounds like a messiah. People rush to support the people who offer easy answers, they aren't always honest.

It's a tricky one, there is a lot of nostalgia fo the old days of tariffs and social services. People think some kind of past glory will return. Unfortunately with globalisation it's never going back. You get isolated and punished if you try to get out of the system. Britain hitched to a train and now wants to uncouple while the thing is running flat chat.

I was speaking to some French guys who hate the EU, it's really good for corporations and trade but is not always in the interest of the citizens....but then politics has moved beyond that generally. Brexit won't change it. One guy is an electrician who lost all his work to Poles and Romanians who come in a van and sleep in it and undercut all their work. They go out and quote jobs but never get them. Another has a double degree in Law and Economics and could only get work in cafes pouring coffee for tourists, living an hour out of Paris and just scarping by.

People want things to change and anyone that offers a way out sounds like a messiah. People rush to support the people who offer easy answers, they aren't always honest.

To me the bit that makes no sense is that the currency is locked.
Was Paul Keating wrong to float the dollar, should we have fixed it against our main trading partners like the EEC did?

If Australia is uncooperative, our dollar drops. Local holidays become more competitive than overseas to us, and become more attractive to international tourists as well. Our goods remain cheap to us, while imported goods go up in price.

So what happens in places like Greece.
"AHem... we need all you dudes to volunteer for a pay cut. " "NOOOO we don't want a pay cut..... "

The Germans love it, the timing was dead right for them.
Places like Greece and Portugal and Belgium drag the euro down, and their manufacturing stays much more competitive than it would be under a floating deuschmark.
Meanwhile in the poorer countries , the Euro stays higher than they'd really want.

I think a lot of those types of people tend to come from lower social economic backgrounds. They tend to blame everything and everything for thier life.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
So, dripping tap and I kinda want to put a hole in the wall as the tiles are pissing me off since you can't get clean connection with a spanner to tighten things.

Primarily as old man bought **** washers that disintegrate under any sort of water pressure and I only find out about things at what, 7:30pm when suddenly water is off and fittings are already removed, then he forgets how to put it back together, then tough ****. And now random dog again, who, when I was trying to tighten said fitting, tried to sniff my arse and jump on my back.

FML.
If your water pressure is too strong, you can get a regulated put on at the meter. Stops everything exploding.

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I think a lot of those types of people tend to come from lower social economic backgrounds. They tend to blame everything and everything for thier life.

Well, some of the places which voted most heavily in favour of Brexit were amongst the poorest in the UK. Those areas have every right to express their anger, but I think they aimed it towards the wrong target, as those are the very areas which receive most EU funding and which will suffer most post-Brexit. The Conservative party right wingers, are who the staunchest leavers, want to rip up the worker, consumer and environmental protections we enjoy through EU legislation, in favour of a race to the bottom far-east type economy.

Well, some of the places which voted most heavily in favour of Brexit were amongst the poorest in the UK. Those areas have every right to express their anger, but I think they aimed it towards the wrong target, as those are the very areas which receive most EU funding and which will suffer most post-Brexit. The Conservative party right wingers, are who the staunchest leavers, want to rip up the worker, consumer and environmental protections we enjoy through EU legislation, in favour of a race to the bottom far-east type economy.
It is a trend happening all around the place. Trump's election and even the election here. Even in our election you can see it in the booth by booth. In the inner city area there were swings to Labor. The more you went out of the city it changed the other way.

I can only assume people feel they're being left behind and ignored with the more progressive side of politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back