Discussion Random Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Got that one right mate amazes me why people love politicians.(all )

If they want to serve their country why isn’t it honorary after working as a lawyer , doctor for 30 years.

Simple reason ...greed self interest.

Yes because you no one acts out of self interest in the medical or especially legal sectors.

They must have some mighty fine beer goggles on o_O
Yep

2j44lj6.jpg

My father tried to get elected to parliament in Fiji.

His opponent won in a landslide after campaigning on the promise of delivering a 1kg frozen chook to households in his electorate if he won, and also promising not to get caught with his hand in the cookie jar again.

Life’s a lot simpler in Fiji.

My father tried to get elected to parliament in Fiji.

His opponent won in a landslide after campaigning on the promise of delivering a 1kg frozen chook to households in his electorate if he won, and also promising not to get caught with his hand in the cookie jar again.

Life’s a lot simpler in Fiji.

Nah, that's politics everywhere, call the chook a tax cut and the rest is identical.

A Kudos to MMM today for doing but music & voice over with beyond blue, suicide prevention and that's it.

No talk shows, no news, no reports, just music and basically "you're not alone". Brilliant effort from a major radio station.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Suggestion

We hold a St Kilda Big Footy awards night , held as RSA Park on last game of year.
( XX money per head) Food supplied - Hotdogs , Dim Sims and 4 and 20 pies - pay for beer over the bar.

Awards
Fairest and Best
Poster
Most Sarcastic
Most Obnoxious
Most Outlandish comment
Best In the know

Suggestion

We hold a St Kilda Big Footy awards night , held as RSA Park on last game of year.
( XX money per head) Food supplied - Hotdogs , Dim Sims and 4 and 20 pies - pay for beer over the bar.

Awards
Fairest and Best
Poster
Most Sarcastic
Most Obnoxious
Most Outlandish comment
Best In the know

Sounds like an idea worthy of consideration at least, even if you got the name of the place slightly wrong. Heathen. :p

Need George to organize it.

TBF, you had me at Hotdogs.

But yes, you'd need an idea of space + facilities to cater for potential numbers + buy in and if you plan to cater for it, or what sort of "shindig" it evolves into.

Now doughnuts and we're good and you had a great idea.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Suggestion

Awards
Fairest and Best
Poster
Most Sarcastic
Most Obnoxious
Most Outlandish comment
Best In the know
I'd be nominated for 2 & 3...

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just watched November 16 on Fox.

All about Socceroos qualification for the world cup.

Real eye opener to playing in south America. Fmd. What they put the visitors through.

Some great nuggets with Hiddink convincing FFA to buy up all business class seats from Uruguay to Australia, forcing their players to travel economy.

Great viewing for any sports fan and quite relevant in terms of our coaching situation.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
Just watched November 16 on Fox.

All about Socceroos qualification for the world cup.

Real eye opener to playing in south America. Fmd. What they put the visitors through.

Some great nuggets with Hiddink convincing FFA to buy up all business class seats from Uruguay to Australia, forcing their players to travel economy.

Great viewing for any sports fan and quite relevant in terms of our coaching situation.
One of my favourite docos. I was there that night and I remember it like it was yesterday: one of the great nights of my life. Would think only a Saints premiership could top it.

I agree, you can learn so much about the small margins it takes to be successful in professional sport and the coaching mentality of a gun coach. I found it on youtube if anyone wants to have a look

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
One of my favourite docos. I was there that night and I remember it like it was yesterday: one of the great nights of my life. Would think only a Saints premiership could top it.

I agree, you can learn so much about the small margins it takes to be successful in professional sport and the coaching mentality of a gun coach. I found it on youtube if anyone wants to have a look

Yeah amazing what a calm, calculated coach can do for players.

Hiddink took to prisoners either in terms of standards and training fitness.

My wife's cousin was part of the squad. That's another story altogether.

I was in Argentina in 96. Asked my cousins to take me to watch Boca Juniors. They flat out refused due to the dangers.

Then was in Brazil during the Olympics. When Brazil played the entire nation came to a standstill and all 4 TV channels broadcast the game.

Amazing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back