Discussion Random Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets my goat....

item 225:
recently on Facebook there was a competition run by the AFL for budding photographers to win the opportunity to spend a game shaddowing an AFL professional photographer for an upcoming game to gain experiance and learn from a professional.. now that sounds great until you read the fine print...
to enter the competiotions the AFL want amature photographers to shoot photos depicting "grassroot footy" again nothing to bad there until you read the next bit where ALL photos submitted remain property of the AFL regardless of if they win or not and the AFL hold the rights to use any submitted photos for comercial or promotional purposes as they see fit ...
that is dodgy as f... so basically the AFL are getting potentially 1000s of photos for their advertising for free with the only cost being alowwing one person the opportunity to sit next to a professional ... this is taking directly from the pockets of professionals who would normaly sell images to the AFL .. thats a pretty low act..
as a amateur photographer myself (check me out on insta @sttravphotography )this is the stuff that drive a wedge between us amateurs and the professionals and would catch many unsuspecting photographers out who havent read the fine print ...

moral of the story ...
Read the fine print

Nice pics.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Gutsy effort from Carey after coping a ball in the face

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
How much does he look like a Hussey clone? He’s been fantastic in the World Cup. Smith really digging in as well. Being a semi I reckon 270 wins. Still got a lot of work to do though.
270 - 280 Stark and cummings wont be easy to face

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013
Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
A Pomtastic performance. Sorry folks, but you were thrashed.

New Zealand in the final. Surely we can do it now.
Congrats....never felt in the game really from the start. Had a feeling England would turn it around after the Lords loss earlier in the tournament: Lords is like a home away from home for the Aussies while Edgbaston is a graveyard.

Good aggressive batting from England put the foot on the throat and before we knew it, the game was over.

Poor performance by the Aussies but we’ve had a good run in World Cups and I just hope we put up a better fight in the Ashes.

Surely England break their World Cup drought now???

Congrats....never felt in the game really from the start. Had a feeling England would turn it around after the Lords loss earlier in the tournament: Lords is like a home away from home for the Aussies while Edgbaston is a graveyard.

Good aggressive batting from England put the foot on the throat and before we knew it, the game was over.

Poor performance by the Aussies but we’ve had a good run in World Cups and I just hope we put up a better fight in the Ashes.

Surely England break their World Cup drought now???

It's a worry that if Smith or Warner don't fire we still aren't really a good side. It's amazing how you get golden generations in cricket and soccer and then behind it there is nothing.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013
Things that make you laugh :D

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
What an incredible day of sport over here! I'm guessing most of you would have been in your beds, but both the Wimbledon final and the Cricket World Cup final went to sudden death!

Djokovic beat Federer in a final set tie break 7-6 1-6 7-6 4-6 13-12 in what was probably the greatest match I've ever seen. Federer had two championships point but ever tenacious Djokovic would not concede. The tie break in the fifth set was just sensational and tense.

In the cricket, the scores were all level after 50 overs - 241. England scored 16 in the sudden death over; New Zealand had 14 after 5 balls; on the final ball they went for two, only to be run out on the second run!

You couldn't get two closer matches in any sport; quite amazing.

Oh yeah, well done England, cricket world champions. I know how you Aussies will be sharing our achievement :tearsofjoy:

What an incredible day of sport over here! I'm guessing most of you would have been in your beds, but both the Wimbledon final and the Cricket World Cup final went to sudden death!

Djokovic beat Federer in a final set tie break 7-6 1-6 7-6 4-6 13-12 in what was probably the greatest match I've ever seen. Federer had two championships point but ever tenacious Djokovic would not concede. The tie break in the fifth set was just sensational and tense.

In the cricket, the scores were all level after 50 overs - 241. England scored 16 in the sudden death over; New Zealand had 14 after 5 balls; on the final ball they went for two, only to be run out on the second run!

Oh yeah, well done England, cricket world champions. I know how you Aussies will be sharing our achievement :tearsofjoy:
Yep been up all night watching. 4.43am here right now! I had Wimbledon on one screen and the Cricket on the other. Both just incredible games...I'm worn out!

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
Yep been up all night watching. 4.43am here right now! I had Wimbledon on one screen and the Cricket on the other. Both just incredible games...I'm worn out!

You're like me when Saints are playing 😄

Are you working today? You'll be dead on your feet.

You're like me when Saints are playing 😄

Are you working today? You'll be dead on your feet.
Booked in the day off thankfully! I am going right to bed straight after the presentation...my excuse is half my family are from Yorkshire so I am sometimes in enemy territory living over here haha

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders

The cricket was unbelievable.

I never thought I’d see a one day match that could compare with the 1999 Semi between Australia and South Africa that ended in a tie but this might just have surpassed it.

The Stokes “6” including the 4 overthrows was probably the most extraordinary thing I’ve seen watching cricket.

That it happened in a final made it even more phenomenal.

CarnTheSAINTERS

All Australian
Jul 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nic Nat injured again. Players like him and Ming imo tend to get injured a lot. They shouldn’t be played very young because of injuries. But then again others like him have had a clear run. Just a random thought.

Nic Nat injured again. Players like him and Ming imo tend to get injured a lot. They shouldn’t be played very young because of injuries. But then again others like him have had a clear run. Just a random thought.

There are always a few really good tall goal scorers. I don't think any of them have been taller than Kennedy. ( 196cm ) Always a first time i guess.
At least Kingy won't be full time in the ruck ....I hope.

NicNat has managed around 5 seasons without missing lots of footy due to injury or sustaining a serious injury.
Still a better draft pick than Jack Watts.

Congrats to them, but we all know they didn't really want it, neither did the Kiwis, both got there and basically tied the match requiring administrative resolution.

Given the state of the match, really shouldn't have been a victor decided, draw the match, award both or none, deciding on an arbitrary "they scored more boundaries" is a hilarious way to decide a champion.

The Joker however was beast mode.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
There are always a few really good tall goal scorers. I don't think any of them have been taller than Kennedy. ( 196cm ) Always a first time i guess.
At least Kingy won't be full time in the ruck ....I hope.

NicNat has managed around 5 seasons without missing lots of footy due to injury or sustaining a serious injury.
Still a better draft pick than Jack Watts.

Paul Salmon ....might be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back