Discussion Random Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but given that no-one ever pays attention to local council elections it's probably not surprising that they get away with being corrupt.
I doubt many even know they affiliated with political parties.

Agreed, but given that no-one ever pays attention to local council elections it's probably not surprising that they get away with being corrupt.
Then you have people holding the same high level posts while the elected councilors come and go.

Glen Eira is outstanding. They were sacked for corruption and voted back in. One guy told me how there was all these groups who had special interests including one councillor who was using council funds to help build illegal properties in Israeli settlements. Another buying park land in his wife's name and rezoning it for residential.

borderbarry

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
I know this is footy related, but I cant see anywhere else to post it.

Time to get rid or amend the new kick out rule. It irritates me to see full backs run off for at least 30 metres, and never bounce the ball. That is so against the rules of the game. Other bitches I have are with the bounce the ball on the run, and distance of a mark. How often do you see a player run over the 15 metres without bouncing it, and a short kick well short of 15 metres paid a mark. I have seen kicks not reachng the man on the mark being paid a mark.
Anyone else not happy with these rules, or is it just me?

I know this is footy related, but I cant see anywhere else to post it.

Time to get rid or amend the new kick out rule. It irritates me to see full backs run off for at least 30 metres, and never bounce the ball. That is so against the rules of the game. Other bitches I have are with the bounce the ball on the run, and distance of a mark. How often do you see a player run over the 15 metres without bouncing it, and a short kick well short of 15 metres paid a mark. I have seen kicks not reachng the man on the mark being paid a mark.
Anyone else not happy with these rules, or is it just me?

AFL is full of rules that are really hard to officiate.
Distances are one of them.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Lack of scrutiny, as well as little chance of detection are the main drivers of corruption. Now consulting in the area, using my hard won experience in Vicpol to my advantage.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
I spoke on this in a public speech yesterday. I used the Dunning - Kruger effect as my basis. Roughly paraphrasing it is when you're too stupid to know you're stupid.

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, vicpol command is too corrupt to know it is corrupt. Corruption through incompetence and sheer stupidity. Ashton, the ringleader of the farce that is Ashton's Circus, has made two recent appointments.

The Commissioner of Traffic Safety Cameras, the excreble, Steven Leane. Another one who didn't bother with getting operational experience. Boasted about getting a masters in education "for fun". Of course he did. He had to fill in the time somehow. He certainly wasn't working at policing! Now gets 300k plus a year to put more cash registers on the road. Outstanding! If he fails we can always replace him with a cigar store Indian.

Then there's the new Assistant Commissioner for Diversity and Gender 😫 Komrade Dan's chief arse licker, Brett Curran. I went through the Academy with this useless PoS. He proudly stated from day one he was in it for the generous leave and super. Never did a day's policing in 30 years. Sucked and rode his desk to the top, only pausing to be Konrade Dan's chief of staff. Conflict of interest? No such thing in labor left factions. They're perfect.

So Victorians are again left with useless Marxist apparatchiks in senior positions. The days of Cain,Kirner,Sheehan, and White are about to repeat themselves.

Fortunately Labor right is plotting a coup against the big eared hunchback as we speak. Go you good things! We still might save the state from being driven into the roadside ditch filled eith Lenin's useful idiots (self described).

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
If the labour right factions at universities represents what labour right is like at state and federal level, I fear for the future.

Still better than the looney left and by a fair margin. Useless opposition, corrupt and incompetent government. What choice does the voter have? It's like choosing between syphilis and gonorrhea for your Xmas present.

Still better than the looney left and by a fair margin. Useless opposition, corrupt and incompetent government. What choice does the voter have? It's like choosing between syphilis and gonorrhea for your Xmas present.

Corruption is so rife in politics no-one even notices anymore. Angus Taylor, Matthew guy etc. Those guys don't even hide it.

You could have fun receiving both those presents at least.

Johnnyrayflamingo

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Our governments have their bad moments but imagine if we had some w***er like Hugo Chavez or Robert Mugabe in power.

We are blessed in the big scheme of things but our governments still need to be better and get better.

Johnny Ray has spoken.

Our governments have their bad moments but imagine if we had some w***er like Hugo Chavez or Robert Mugabe in power.

We are blessed in the big scheme of things but our governments still need to be better and get better.

Johnny Ray has spoken.

Mugabe could never have got in power here....we're far too racist.

More seriously, it would be very hard for such a personality to come to power in Australia, and to exert that sort of power.
I don't actually mind our system of government.

Its interesting, blacks from Zimbabwe have mixed views on the events there.
Some see it as a passage of rite, a pain that has to be endured until things can improve again.
Others suggest it wasn't so bad..philosophically they were not the "bosses " and couldn't travel to certain places in towns, but the places they could travel to weren't as bad as they are now. They consider a more negotiative transition should have been taken.

Of course those who lost their whole family's probably aren't so philosophical.
Revolution for political ideology sucks badly.

Johnnyrayflamingo

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mugabe could never have got in power here....we're far too racist.

More seriously, it would be very hard for such a personality to come to power in Australia, and to exert that sort of power.
I don't actually mind our system of government.

Its interesting, blacks from Zimbabwe have mixed views on the events there.
Some see it as a passage of rite, a pain that has to be endured until things can improve again.
Others suggest it wasn't so bad..philosophically they were not the "bosses " and couldn't travel to certain places in towns, but the places they could travel to weren't as bad as they are now. They consider a more negotiative transition should have been taken.

Of course those who lost their whole family's probably aren't so philosophical.
Revolution for political ideology sucks badly.

Racist? We are too ******* smart to not vote for or even let a major dickhead like that even get in any semblance of power (even at a local footy club).

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
What's the latest with the NSW bush fires? It's been on our news here in the UK and it's heartbreaking to see, especially for the wildlife in the bush. What an ecological catastrophe. Is it being linked to climate change?

What's the latest with the NSW bush fires? It's been on our news here in the UK and it's heartbreaking to see, especially for the wildlife in the bush. What an ecological catastrophe. Is it being linked to climate change?
Sydney as a collective are smoking 30 something ciggies a day. Thats how bad the smoke is.

We have an idiot PM who threatened to lock up people who called for divestments in mining. He's been savaging the Greens over the link. The Nationals who are like country party linked in coalition to the Oz tories came out and did the attack dog act.

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
Koalas, wallabies and other wildlife burned and maimed is so horrific to see. The news here says the largest fire is 37 miles across. What a mess.

Koalas, wallabies and other wildlife burned and maimed is so horrific to see. The news here says the largest fire is 37 miles across. What a mess.

That's not even a really bad one. The Australian bush is made to burn and probably has some benefits in taking out the weaker animals. They are under attack from environmental degradation and urban sprawl and now lots have diseases. Letting them restock from the strong ones is probably a benefit. The real issue is that fire season hasn't officially started and areas of rain forrest that aren't usually he ones that burn are going up too.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Bush fires are part of life for Australians especially those living in rural areas.

It’s opportunistic imo for anyone to trot out climate change, at this stage we still have a summer to get through and people affected by the fires need help not political point scoring.

Having said that it’s an unusual year with some worrying weather, parts of the continent are usually dry including south east QLD and Brisbane. It’s also been clear to anyone who’s been around for a while that the weather has changed.

Also the UN are kidding themselves, major emitters get to continue to increase their emissions and we get to pay them large sums of money, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back