Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can power other countries but not our country .

Wish people would listen to this guy (Garnaut ) & about 50 % of the scientists that left when Joyce gutted the joint.
( CSIRO )

As Gringo alluded to a while back until we value add our assets we will be nothing more than
a plaything of Yanks & Limeys
who dig it up , send profits to the Caribbean & pay no tax.

Hydrogen / Solar / Wind is the future unfortunately we are led by Mineral Council .

Wish people would listen to this guy (Garnaut ) & about 50 % of the scientists that left when Joyce gutted the joint.
( CSIRO )

As Gringo alluded to a while back until we value add our assets we will be nothing more than

Hydrogen / Solar / Wind is the future unfortunately we are led by Mineral Council .

Think this is better idea than submarines , oh that’s right Christopher Pyne ..EY Lobbyist .

Think this is better idea than submarines , oh that’s right Christopher Pyne ..EY Lobbyist .

and this one .

We spent 14 years developing it spent $20 million dollars of taxpayer money and then gave it all
away for bugger all , over 1 million fish exported yearly another Government failure.

A very interesting website allows constituents to view the voting track record of their incumbent politicians.

3fe8d9575a3d0b61bf16feb4ea4df9b9.jpg

Last edited:

( CSIRO )

As the auto industry showed, the Americans milked it for around 70 years then arbitrarily pulled the pin when the minerals boom pushed our dollar a bit high.
Its still somehow viable in the USA though.
We need to stop assuming everyone else can do it better than us.
If they can get minerals from Australia they can get value added materials from Australia.

As I said earlier, I read the HS for the first time in years. It's like some propaganda tool. The front cover had a pair of little kids in Akurbras, gap toothed caring little arm fulls of burnt wood and a headline like "Helpin' Dad", it was like some kind of WWII propaganda to keep spirits up. They then only mentioned the positives in the couple of articles that mentioned fires and had the letters written in that were all about Greenies ruining everything. There was no factual information and only misdirection.

Hey Johnnyray - can you let us know what the natural processes that are driving this change?

Surely they must easily identifiable since global temps are rising at a rate not seen on the planet since human occupation began. But then again perhaps you and Alan Jones know better.

1579121819291.png

1579122723795.png

On the extremely off chance you are actually interested in gaining knowledge I suggest you have a read of this.

( CSIRO )

Its kind of an interesting idea.
DC electricity is more efficient for long distance transmission that AC but not normally used due to needing to convert at each end.
A solar farm produces DC electricity, which is then converted.
If it was transmitted and converted at the Singapore end, the conversion efficiencies would be no different to any other Solar farm.

Singapore currently get all their electricity via liquified gas. ( expensive ).
I guess their other option is to tip some cash to Indonesia and piggy back of their nuclear program.

Nuclear is more expensive than natural gas BUT -- that's because it so cheap and easy to build a nasty little gas station. ( the kind we like building here ).
The 20 billion this program would cost would get some decent nuke power, and i'ts not clear what , if any, commitment the Energy companies in Singapore have made.

They have credentials , but ......
Other peoples money.

I would respond to some of these posts but half my posts get keeping deleted by the mods obviously. I give up.

So much for democracy and freedom of speech. It doesn't exist in this biased left wing forum. And some of you blokes carry on like your rights are getting taken away...how bloody ironic.

See you later. Truth hurts I guess. Yep, keep patting each other on the backs whilst continuing referencing some of the most over biased left wing papers out there like the Guardian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like his garbage 'inside information' about football, his climate denying is just a game to get a reaction.

Not long now until he starts being the victim and claims he is bullied by the posters here as he did about SS.

I dont know why you dont just put him on ignore.
As predicted.

And so the playing the victim begins. The mods did it and you all pat each other on the back.

Just ignore someone who is obviously trolling.

Some of the forests we have are really rare, amazing that some of these survived the carnage.... this one thanks to some serious effort.

When they tell you that fuel loads need burning off, places like the Gondwana forest around Coffs Harbour, that is a remnant from 180 million years ago when we broke off South America have never been designed or adapted to burn. They are wet rainforest. Same as the Daintree, these are usually so wet they never go up and have survived for millions of years in isolation. They are world heritage sites. Fire is starting to effect them all.

It makes you think maybe it's not just a normal variation of weather patterns.

We probably lost most of the stands of Victoria's cabbage tree palms that still existed unfortunately. East Gippsland is the only place they still occur, most in the direct line of fire.

They are a species that is ancient and again from the Gondwana era. Our colonials wore them as head wear, ate them and used them for a range of manufacturing purposes. Cabbage tree gangs were colonial thugs that would pick on the well-to-do. The indigenous people used it for food, medicine, roofing, fibre for string and fishing line etc. Sad end for our only indigenous palm down south.

I would respond to some of these posts but half my posts get keeping deleted by the mods obviously. I give up.

So much for democracy and freedom of speech. It doesn't exist in this biased left wing forum. And some of you blokes carry on like your rights are getting taken away...how bloody ironic.

See you later. Truth hurts I guess. Yep, keep patting each other on the backs whilst continuing referencing some of the most over biased left wing papers out there like the Guardian.
Yeah when you've played the man your posts have been deleted so I wouldn't bother about all that freedom of speech stuff. Why don't you just treat people with some respect.

Wasn't me who deleted them though. I haven't gone in this thread much at all. Your points have been refuted time and time again. You are either ignorant or in denial.

Doesn't worry me - I'm not left wing but some things in this world are just chalked up to common sense. Follow the money trail, you'll see who is running things.

Adios!

We carry on like our rights are getting taken away because they literally are getting taken away you absolute spoon. Like I and others have said. Australia's been downgraded from an open to restricted democracy after the government banned peaceful protests on climate change and increased police rights in protests among other law changes snuck through parliament without a word from the media.

We carry on like our rights are getting taken away because they literally are getting taken away you absolute spoon. Like I and others have said. Australia's been downgraded from an open to restricted democracy after the government banned peaceful protests on climate change and increased police rights in protests among other law changes snuck through parliament without a word from the media.

LOL !!!!

and why don't you keep the "spoon" comments to yourself.
Johnny ray gets in trouble for going the man.

I disagree with your idiotic comment regarding democracy. Just because you think something doesn't mean that anyone who disagree's is a "spoon".

Do you mean the UK Guardian? If so, it is mildly centre-left, not a Trotskyist pamphlet. In relation to its view that climate change is a man made phenomenon, it is in the mainstream of almost all available science. Its journalism is very much centrist and The Guardian is one of very few good newspapers we have, offering serious analysis as a counterpoint to the plethora of right wing gutter press tabloids we have e.g. Sun, Star, Mail, Express.

Last edited:
LOL !!!!

and why don't you keep the "spoon" comments to yourself.
Johnny ray gets in trouble for going the man.

I disagree with your idiotic comment regarding democracy. Just because you think something doesn't mean that anyone who disagree's is a "spoon".
How dare I call someone a spoon 😱😱
How horrific, you're a spoon too though.

Is there a map for the concentration of Australia's most beautiful women? I've always thought those beaches in Queensland must be chock-a-block with them :D
Not sure about one for women but here's a couple of my favourite Maps of Australia.

1579290250960.png

Here's another great one but sadly all that green along the east coast is now all pretty much charcoal coloured.

1579290401945.png

Great selection of these maps are in this article including Norman Tinsdale's amazing attempt in the 1940's to assign geographical "boundaries" to aboriginal tribes based around the hundreds of different language groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back