Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep chaos, not what Martin Luther King wanted.

Very good speech:

We are better than this

Lethal combination Guns & Anger .......unhinged President.

reminds me of the Nixon era.

Lethal combination Guns & Anger .......unhinged President.

reminds me of the Nixon era.

I'm not so sure, America is a nation conceived in blood, and to a fair extent injustice and corruption certainly extremes of behaviour and belief, and while England's and Australia's history isn't clean by any stretch we've never embraced the extremes the way America has. I think you would be right if it occurred in a modern version of our nations. America though has 30,000 plus deaths from guns every year, there is an ingrained acceptance of and a desensitisation to violence that would mean only violence of greater extremes would create change.

How bad does the US have to get before change occurs, it's been worse than this and it made little to no difference, and while I don't push the idea of the need for greater violence, there's a reality that those who have worked quietly at some point would say it was a pointless exercise and why not go the whole hog.

I am convinced that violence begets violence, taking the emphasis away from injustice and towards the agenda of the perpetrators of hatred. Don't play them at their own game but instead hold them to account every time. Non-violence can make a greater long term gain.

It's on the back of this as well. There is simmering tension there.

Yep - some have no problem with CCN headquarters being attacked as part of this.

Great article balanced view

Robodebt was an example of the punitive US style politics. Morrison has been completely let of the hook for a program that killed people through suicides and mental and physical health issues. He was also let off for the Job keeper stuff up. Murdoch hounded Rudd over Pink Batts affair despite the total being 4 deaths, much less than the Robodebt will have caused. It's really a very coercive media here. The Age has run continual anti Andrews articles all week last week.

Robodebt was an example of the punitive US style politics. Morrison has been completely let of the hook for a program that killed people through suicides and mental and physical health issues. He was also let off for the Job keeper stuff up. Murdoch hounded Rudd over Pink Batts affair despite the total being 4 deaths, much less than the Robodebt will have caused. It's really a very coercive media here. The Age has run continual anti Andrews articles all week last week.
Not to mention the blatantly conservative Herald-Sun who has just been a Murdoch mouthpiece of right leaning intolerant dunny paper
For quite a few years now!

I am convinced that violence begets violence, taking the emphasis away from injustice and towards the agenda of the perpetrators of hatred. Don't play them at their own game but instead hold them to account every time. Non-violence can make a greater long term gain.
I agree with you, but it's not about you and me, it's about injustice in a society inured to violence, it's about people living in despair, people that aren't us. I'm not saying it's right I'm talking about human nature.

I agree with you, but it's not about you and me, it's about injustice in a society inured to violence, it's about people living in despair, people that aren't us. I'm not saying it's right I'm talking about human nature.

I totally understand the anger, but I think violence always ends up being counter-productive, playing into the hands of those in power. Deny their narrative and make them face the issue at hand, rather than shifting the focus onto the riots.

I didn't know Morrison's holiday was paid for by the Americans, but which ones and why hasn't it come up in Parliament? Register of pecuniary interests?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't know Morrison's holiday was paid for by the Americans, but which ones and why hasn't it come up in Parliament? Register of pecuniary interests?

Hence why it was a secret trip not for public consumption.

Sir John Kerr was courted by the CIA....Travel was paid for favours Eg getting rid of Whitlam .

Hence why it was a secret trip not for public consumption.

Sir John Kerr was courted by the CIA....Travel was paid for favours Eg getting rid of Whitlam .

Next week the letters between the Queen and GG are being released after a long legal battle to access through FOI. I remember Pilger claims that the CIA refer to Kerr as "our man".

I totally understand the anger, but I think violence always ends up being counter-productive, playing into the hands of those in power. Deny their narrative and make them face the issue at hand, rather than shifting the focus onto the riots.

I've been saying it for ages, you get enough wealth disparity and the peasants get angry and pull out the guillotine. The US is a mess for the poor or vulnerable. Chuck in a president that likes to court the crazies and it's no wonder that the place has gone troppo.

I've been saying it for ages, you get enough wealth disparity and the peasants get angry and pull out the guillotine. The US is a mess for the poor or vulnerable. Chuck in a president that likes to court the crazies and it's no wonder that the place has gone troppo.

Everything‘s connected as far as USA ....foot in every door.

Gotta say the footy show's (yep my fault for watching it) hypocrisy is full on sticking up for E McGuire and not highlighting his role as a President and not saying one iota re DeGoey but keeps banging on about Jack.

Eddie is a hypocrite

What’s he meant to say about Degoey?
secondly, his comments on jack Steven were fine. Some people deliberately took them out of context to have a go at Eddie. The AFL shouldn’t let him play until he comes clean with them as to what happened the night he got stabbed. Like it or not, it’s an integrity issue until that occurs.

Next week the letters between the Queen and GG are being released after a long legal battle to access through FOI. I remember Pilger claims that the CIA refer to Kerr as "our man".

Always interesting to see who's fingers are where, as the more the ages change, the less obscurity in the sheer amount of people doing dodgy s**t, and views are changed regardless of narratives at the time by those seeking to hide such things.

What’s he meant to say about Degoey?
secondly, his comments on jack Steven were fine. Some people deliberately took them out of context to have a go at Eddie. The AFL shouldn’t let him play until he comes clean with them as to what happened the night he got stabbed. Like it or not, it’s an integrity issue until that occurs.

Will happily disagree with you.

If he was questioned about Degoey he would not answer. The context of my comment was all and sundry making statements on the mistakes of one reporting making the mistake of actually questioning Eddie, if the same reporter took Eddie's advice and followed up questions with Eddie he'd be stuffed.

He was lecturing others on the role of so called journalists having to follow up questions on Jack Steven, do you actually think he would say the same if Jack was playing for Collingwood.

Do not often agree with Geelong or their President but do in this instance:

Will happily disagree with you.

If he was questioned about Degoey he would not answer. The context of my comment was all and sundry making statements on the mistakes of one reporting making the mistake of actually questioning Eddie, if the same reporter took Eddie's advice and followed up questions with Eddie he'd be stuffed.

He was lecturing others on the role of so called journalists having to follow up questions on Jack Steven, do you actually think he would say the same if Jack was playing for Collingwood.

Do not often agree with Geelong or their President but do in this instance:

Eddie is right, the only way to end the speculating is to be honest about what happened. His point is that it’s worthless to ask people to stop speculating if you’re not going to tell them why.

His points were valid, but he’ll get kicked for them because of who he is.
There’s no speculation around Degoey and it’s bizarre you’d try to link the two incidents.

I've been watching on and off today the Space X/NASA Crew Dragon launch. Fascinating stuff.

Same, well as much as I can since I kinda had to work during most of it. Also saw the latest testing for SpaceX and the explosion at said test. I know Elon said fail lots and early sicne they're basically building everything from scratch, but was impressive to seemingly pass with flying colours then explode in a fireball with shockwaves.

Same, well as much as I can since I kinda had to work during most of it. Also saw the latest testing for SpaceX and the explosion at said test. I know Elon said fail lots and early sicne they're basically building everything from scratch, but was impressive to seemingly pass with flying colours then explode in a fireball with shockwaves.
Won't be too long before it meets up with the ISS. I think around midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back