Discussion Random Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why i drilled down to postcodes. There are a relatively few areas where new cases are not coming down anywhere near the rest of the city.
Even then the postcodes are big.
Of the ones you listed the only one that has its own postcode for its own suburb is hallam.

Even then the postcodes are big.
Of the ones you listed the only one that has its own postcode for its own suburb is hallam.

Yeah a lot of them are in formerly rural areas, that have since had a population explosion. For example , Cardinia is a tiny town, i suspect most of the cases in that postcode are in Clyde , which is essentially part of the Cranbourne sprawl.

But that doesn't matter. The point was that those LGA's didn't have the average coming down like others, and its those specific postcodes that don't have it coming down like others. We don't know why.
There are other big Postcodes that are doing a great job.

Only 28 cases. We will partially open on 28th of this month if this keeps up and no reason it shouldn't.

As P66 said there is a bit of lockdown fatigue, which is totally understandable, everyone is sick to death of it, but we just have to suck it up.

If we get to 26th Oct and open up, we can be confident we don't need to go through this again, not just for us lockdown but the economy. It is so shaky and buggered now, imagine another lockdown because the cases go through the roof.

This is why we have to stay the course. Easy for me, I am getting paid, having it easy working from home etc. I am aware there are many not working and worrying about finances etc, eating into savings, but if we don't do the right thing this virus will spread.

Outside doesn't matter, one person infected 39 people at an outside wedding in Qld. People should not be so arrogant that they know better than the medical experts.

Just a couple more weeks and we are in the same position as the rest of the country.

Things are getting tight financially but I got a few days of work here and there so are able to keep afloat. Last time the spending went nuts as soon as things opened back up so I'm not too worried financially once it does. The last time has given me confidence to keep trading.

I'm starting to get like a kid at Christmas at the thought of getting s**t back to normal. I spoke to a French mate today and he said back in France it's out of control again he's very happy to be here. You forget we are actually pretty lucky, It sounds like his family has taken a financial hit and a second wave is starting to get people very flat.

Todays cases are:
7 in Wyndham
6 in Brimbank
6 in Melton
6 in Casey.
Of those only Casey increased overall active cases.

25 of the 28 cases. Postcode info not available yet.

I live in Casey, and whilst my Postcode and an adjoining suburb have zero active cases, i can imagine being left locked down while the rest of the city re-opens , because of whatever is going on in some of the other suburbs.

Last edited:
Completely different. I’m not getting in groups of 100’s and it’s also another 6 weeks away. If I go somewhere it will be outside with maybe 8 or 10 people watching a game of footy and we will not be on top of each other. And protesting isn’t essential. Watching a grand final with mates is for my mental health. By the way I’d go back to work if I was you. I did a lawn today which was allowed because it was dangerous. Normally a 30 minute job. Took just under an hour. And there is still 2 weeks of sun and rain to go. Could be unmowable
If we win you might

Completely different. I’m not getting in groups of 100’s and it’s also another 6 weeks away. If I go somewhere it will be outside with maybe 8 or 10 people watching a game of footy and we will not be on top of each other. And protesting isn’t essential. Watching a grand final with mates is for my mental health. By the way I’d go back to work if I was you. I did a lawn today which was allowed because it was dangerous. Normally a 30 minute job. Took just under an hour. And there is still 2 weeks of sun and rain to go. Could be unmowable
Maybe you need to upgrade your mower then

tenor (6).gif
tenor (6).gif
tenor (6).gif
tenor (6).gif
tenor (6).gif

Todays cases are:
7 in Wyndham
6 in Brimbank
6 in Melton
6 in Casey.

I live in Casey, and whilst my Postcode and an adjoining suburb have zero active cases, i can imagine being left locked down while the rest of the city re-opens , because of whatever is going on in some of the other suburbs.
Casey is stupidly large though, one council that does need to be split up into a few

Casey is stupidly large though, one council that does need to be split up into a few

Yeah most of the current cases, are postcoded Hallam, Cranbourne and Clyde .
Need to get rid of all councils, to many levels of government for our size

Yeah and all "government work " is essential, so Casey is essentially putting in curbing on a road that hasn't had it since before there were cars.
Casey the Local Government who tried to ban kites in public places before being howled down. ( It was a decade ago ) .

Casey who complained about the coverage they were getting, who's mayor later took a heap of graft and skipped overseas.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras

Attachments

• 1174587_1.jpg
    1174587_1.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 30
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Ok dan you silly man. Modelling suggested a 14 day average of 64 at this stage so it makes sense lockdown finished on the 27th however dan the silly man it’s now 44 so how about rewarding us and at least finish lockdown a week earlier. It seems we are about a week ahead of modelling so how about getting the economy moving even if it’s a little bit.

Yeah most of the current cases, are postcoded Hallam, Cranbourne and Clyde .

Yeah and all "government work " is essential, so Casey is essentially putting in curbing on a road that hasn't had it since before there were cars.
Casey the Local Government who tried to ban kites in public places before being howled down. ( It was a decade ago ) .

Casey who complained about the coverage they were getting, who's mayor later took a heap of graft and skipped overseas.
was reading about a council the other week that wanted to ban all outdoor BBQ's
They had 3 complaints in a year from neighbours

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
That’s just more proof of how society is getting softer by the year. Just ban things as soon as their is a complaint instead of just using common sense and working out that 3 complaints is nothing in the scheme of things.

This is what he needs - mine's 50 years old, went away for a few months, came back the kikuyu was a metre tall, 15 degree slope - the Deutscher just destroyed it - bullet proof aussie grass cutting beast!!!!
Yep have had one of them , made in Ballarat

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Ok dan you silly man. Modelling suggested a 14 day average of 64 at this stage so it makes sense lockdown finished on the 27th however dan the silly man it’s now 44 so how about rewarding us and at least finish lockdown a week earlier. It seems we are about a week ahead of modelling so how about getting the economy moving even if it’s a little bit.

Sure, don't complain if we have a 3rd wave.

Bloody hell, the right wing media scream blue murder for a 'road map' and certainty out of the 2nd wave. Andrews gives them specific targets for specific dates. We get 5 minutes of sunshine and people want to open everything up.

FFS, we are not at war, not in a depression, we have plenty to eat, power, water, NETFLIX, and people carry on lioke its the end of the flipping world.

Well it literally has been for almost 800 due to the second wave. a 3rd will bring, more death, more long term sickness, more economic pain.

Just sit tight, it wont be lifted earlier, so just deal with it.

This is what he needs - mine's 50 years old, went away for a few months, came back the kikuyu was a metre tall, 15 degree slope - the Deutscher just destroyed it - bullet proof aussie grass cutting beast!!!!
Great machines,
Do you want to sell it ?

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Sure, don't complain if we have a 3rd wave.

Bloody hell, the right wing media scream blue murder for a 'road map' and certainty out of the 2nd wave. Andrews gives them specific targets for specific dates. We get 5 minutes of sunshine and people want to open everything up.

FFS, we are not at war, not in a depression, we have plenty to eat, power, water, NETFLIX, and people carry on lioke its the end of the flipping world.

Well it literally has been for almost 800 due to the second wave. a 3rd will bring, more death, more long term sickness, more economic pain.

Just sit tight, it wont be lifted earlier, so just deal with it.
Don’t care about right or left wing media. I’m talking that they were going to stop lockdown When it was a 14 day average of between 30 and 50. They expected it to 64 at this stage so the date made sense. It’s 44 so the date unless something changes makes no sense. I’m not sure how can argue otherwise. Bringing in right wing media isn’t really discussing the facts. And thanks for you advise about dealing with it. I am by complaining how stupid it is that we are waiting for no apparent reason and I’m also not saying let’s stop lockdown tomorrow but if there are another 4 or 5 days around this number it’s illogical to wait.

That’s just more proof of how society is getting softer by the year. Just ban things as soon as their is a complaint instead of just using common sense and working out that 3 complaints is nothing in the scheme of things.
Sadly i would say it is due to a lot of places being bloated by admin and bureaucracy and using crap like this to justify their jobs.

The ability to sit back and just chill as also gone too due to everything being on social media

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Lockdown can be a bitch. A mate of mines mum died Tuesday. An east Bentleigh lady for 70 years. There are 12 kids in the family. They have had to move the funeral to bright where one sister lives and now arrange permits to get out of Melbourne because 20 can go to a funeral in the country but only 10 in the city. It’s pretty sad what this virus has done. She probably would have had 3 hundred to her funeral in Bentleigh

Todays cases are:
7 in Wyndham
6 in Brimbank
6 in Melton
6 in Casey.

3803 up 2 net gain of 1 active
3977 up 3 net gain of 2
3978 up 3 net loss of 1

Im guessing theres a non Casey one in there. The suburb Im in only has 9 active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back