Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That stuff will take off the varnish and permeate the timber.

biohazard-sign.jpg
I loled. :D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-19/gach-nyuon-expected-to-be-charged-with-threats-to-kill

Kid has been charged with a fair raft of offences, whether they all stick or not is another thing obviously. Sounds like a bit of a dickhead if there are grounds for all of them (threats to kill, resisting police are a bit more serious than public intoxication fair to say).
Kid's been part of a close exciting win, gone out on the town, had a skinfull and gone off his nut.
The club lacks leadership and kids like this need social guidance - another consequence of Essendon's drug era

Kid's been part of a close exciting win, gone out on the town, had a skinfull and gone off his nut.
The club lacks leadership and kids like this need social guidance - another consequence of Essendon's drug era

Honestly sounds like a lot more than that, if he actually gets found guilty of course. Threats of violence and resisting police is more than acting like a tool when pissed. But wait and see I guess before hanging him out to dry.

or Sudanese kids with bugger all parental guidence from a s**t culture who come and piss in ours.
He's not the first one to be an arsehole , and he's not the worst.

NOTHING TO DO WITH ESSENDON ( if anything they will help him if he doesn't go to jail first )

or Sudanese kids with bugger all parental guidence from a s**t culture who come and piss in ours.

NOTHING TO DO WITH ESSENDON ( if anything they will help him if he doesn't go to jail first )
Has everything to do with Essendon #culcha

All this s**t was happening with the Greeks and Vietnamese youth in the 90s and you know why? Because most of them came from disenfranchised upbringings and some even from war torn shitholes.

Guess what? They all ******* grew up and got jobs and had families. The sudanese will be no different.

Edit: Deleted quote removed. A2R

Last edited by a moderator:
All this s**t was happening with the Greeks and Vietnamese youth in the 90s and you know why? Because most of them came from disenfranchised upbringings and some even from war torn shitholes.

Guess what? They all ******* grew up and got jobs and had families. The sudanese will be no different.

i had mates who were greek, and never saw a crime.
i lived among Vietnamese in the 90's , they didn't steal my car
I am very opposed to large people intimidating law abiding citizens to commit violent crimes being let off the hook because they are young

Do they have a different law to the rest of us. Should i pay a few hundred dollars for the red light camera they ran through in my car?

i had mates who were greek, and never saw a crime.
i lived among Vietnamese in the 90's , they didn't steal my car
I am very opposed to large people intimidating law abiding citizens to commit violent crimes being let off the hook because they are young
Im sure there are Sudanese teens who also never see a crime.
You dont see the issue with applying your own personal experience to the issue as a whole?

Take your bullshit prejudice against the Sudanese somewhere else, this is a General AFL thread, not a Generalising thread.

The same crap over and over. I always get sucked in to talking politics on footy forums, not this time. We're here to talk footy. Let's talk footy. Make a politics thread for the other stuff.

Hug? I think you need a hug. I big ol' multicultural hug. And maybe don't fear so much? It's really easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly sounds like a lot more than that, if he actually gets found guilty of course. Threats of violence and resisting police is more than acting like a tool when pissed. But wait and see I guess before hanging him out to dry.
In my experience it's not. You'd be surprised how common those two offences are when way too much alcohol is involved.

Micahel Talia says hello

Dustin Martin says hello

Bredan Fevola says hello

Nathan Bock says hello

Alan Didak says hello

Wayne Carey says hello

Leave the racist "sudanese" and " piss in ours" references out and your comment is just about right and guess what no one could then accuse of being a racist.

If your not in the western suburbs of Melb I'm not sure you are qualified to comment, unfortunately my wife overseas the security for some of Melbourne largest shopping centres and it's a far far bigger problem. It's certainly not right to paint all African denomination like this, but the sheer intent of the trouble makers from these regions eclipses anything we have seen before. Once you had the Asians vs the Greeks vs the..... Now they have to band together just not to be targeted by these African based gangs. It's not racism, it's how it is. Google apex gang.......(Dandenong origi, but is just as much an issue in the west, if not more so) Far bigger issue than is reported.

mate apex gang is the biggest media beat up since the kim duthie crap. Open your eyes man

My eyes are well and truly open, I see PLENTY of security footage of showing what these denominations get up to. APEX is the media catch cry, but it's the known example.

This isn't about me though. A fellow poster was called racist for fingering these groups, I'm backing his view that we haven't seen the levels of violence and sheer disregard for the law before that they bring

Im sure there are Sudanese teens who also never see a crime.
You dont see the issue with applying your own personal experience to the issue as a whole?

OK I'm not saying anything else.
When the SUV runs into the back of your Mercedes , I wonder if you will automatically assume that the large gentleman of dark appearance walking towards you is one who never see's a crime. I agree its hard for those who are law abiding to set an example. I'm sure Essendon football club would have liked all their players to set an example.

My implication is that if these guys were accompanied by level headed role model players, maybe their behaviour would be more moderate.
I'd hope if they hadn't been banned, the 12 or so players missing from Essendon's list would have pushed some older or more responsible players into the B grade to act as role models.

I have deleted a few posts in the hope of keeping it less confrontational

Anecdote: I lived in Mackay where there was a big park call "The Gooseponds". A gang of aboriginal kids would hang out there at night. The girls would be innocently walking together until some potential victims walked past the park. They would give a high pitched call and the boys would rapidly appear on bikes and surround the victims. They would club them unconscious and steal their wallets. This happened to my son and son in law and it coloured their opinion of aboriginal kids. The police were almost powerless to capture them and convict them. So they terrorised the park for some time.

It is very tempting to colour all members of a racial group the same way, especially when the most blatant examples are acutely negative, but intellectually we know that you have to treat every individual person as an individual and not prejudge them.

I suspect that the kids terrorising the park for all that time probably never got caught, but just grew out of it or out of the need for the money by finding a lower risk way of making money. They'd be mature men and women now who probably regret their wayward youth and the social reflection on indigenous youth that they contributed to.

Anecdote: I lived in Mackay where there was a big park call "The Gooseponds". A gang of aboriginal kids would hang out there at night. The girls would be innocently walking together until some potential victims walked past the park. They would give a high pitched call and the boys would rapidly appear on bikes and surround the victims. They would club them unconscious and steal their wallets. This happened to my son and son in law and it coloured their opinion of aboriginal kids. The police were almost powerless to capture them and convict them. So they terrorised the park for some time.

It is very tempting to colour all members of a racial group the same way, especially when the most blatant examples are acutely negative, but intellectually we know that you have to treat every individual person as an individual and not prejudge them.

I suspect that the kids terrorising the park for all that time probably never got caught, but just grew out of it or out of the need for the money by finding a lower risk way of making money. They'd be mature men and women now who probably regret their wayward youth and the social reflection on indigenous youth that they contributed to.

I wonder if the same men and women who regret their wayward youth ever wonder if they have contributed to the prejudice that exists against them. Do they try to educate their own children so that this sort of prejudice is not perpetuated.
I'm not sure that the soft approach in the hope that kids randomly rehabilitate themselves is a good solution. Maybe we can see the sort of intentions that were behind the "stolen generation" thinking.
Surely the law has a responsibility to protect society in general.
In Victoria we have the absurd situation that people are no longer able to be arrested for breaching bail conditions.

What do you mean can't get arrested for breaching bail conditions? That doesn't make sense. Do you mean after they get arrested then taken to court the judge doesn't oppose bail even know they've shown they won't abide by their conditions?

What do you mean can't get arrested for breaching bail conditions? That doesn't make sense. Do you mean after they get arrested then taken to court the judge doesn't oppose bail even know they've shown they won't abide by their conditions?

Having a guess, maybe its about that young bloke who killed the mum in carrum downs by riding his monkey bike into her. His breached his bail a couple of times now.

Do they have a different law to the rest of us. Should i pay a few hundred dollars for the red light camera they ran through in my car?
My dad and his mates used to steal cars to drive themselves home from the pub in the early 70's which is weird, because he looks white but he must actually be Sudanese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back