Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do drugs, kids...

14695590_10157601453560357_8358135648534024383_n.jpg

Facebook is usually a cesspool for AFL, but Andrew's Saints Footy page was a great source for Saints news and discussion.

I think some on here had a bit of a grudge against him, but you can't question his love and dedication for our Saints.

Really entertaining open and hogh quality. Made better by being a Victory supporter

I was going for Adelaide purely because I can't stand the name Victory. But what a finish ay.

Might have to jump on M City if that sort of quality keeps up.

This from the mouth of Nick Kyrgios after admitting not trying and just giving up in his last match cos he was tired.

"That's your choice. You want to buy a ticket, come and watch me? You know I'm unpredictable. It's your choice," a defiant Kyrgios said later. "I don't owe you anything. Doesn't affect how I sleep at night."

Think its about time we stop pretending to like this kid just cos hes our best tennis player.
#KINGOFTHEFLOGS
Nah man, start to like him because he's not been forced to change yet. Remember when you were idealistic and rebellious and nobody could tell you what to do? Then you had to conform and get a job etc? Well he hasn't. I'm starting to like him....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah man, start to like him because he's not been forced to change yet. Remember when you were idealistic and rebellious and nobody could tell you what to do? Then you had to conform and get a job etc? Well he hasn't. I'm starting to like him....

I think he is an a grade * wit.

But each to their own. :thumbsu:

Go Cubs! First World Series in 71 years!

Having lived in Chicago... holly smokes I wish I was there if they pinch this!

Go Cubbies!

Because it's not like I support enough success starved teams!

Jumped on them myself yrs ago when Sammy Sosa was playing for them. Even though he was a bit of a cheat with the corked bat LOL.
Their premiership drought makes the one the Doggies just broke look kind of lame :D

Facebook is usually a cesspool for AFL, but Andrew's Saints Footy page was a great source for Saints news and discussion.

I think some on here had a bit of a grudge against him, but you can't question his love and dedication for our Saints.

100%.
I knew Andrew, albeit not very well, and he was the most passionate Saints person I knew and spent hours putting info on his page, which had 50 000 likes and his website. Aside from that, he raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Saints through his player sponsorship scheme which allowed thousands of supporters to have a small part in supporting the players.
I was very lucky to win tickets to the B&F two years ago due to this, something I would never normally have gone to.

That picture was taken at a fundraising breakfast for the new museum at Moorabbin a few weeks ago at the home of a friend of mine, on the day of the 50th anniversary of the Premiership,
and he said it was one of his best days ever. I'm so pleased he had that moment.

RIP Andrew.

Last edited:
Does anyone think we should have fielded offers for Pierce or Longer ? 4 ruckmen these days seems a bit much although if Hickey goes down in game one I'll be eating my words.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pierce got a game. It doesn't seem terribly unusual for 2 ruckmen to be injured at the same time.
Homes is effective as an emergency backup.
I'm not sure Pierce is yet, and he may not make it.
( Ducks to avoid flying objects ).

Pierce got a game. It doesn't seem terribly unusual for 2 ruckmen to be injured at the same time.

It's always a risk I suppose. If no one gets injured you say what a waste but trade Longer for example and if Hickey does get injured our rucks look thin.

To me Pierce seems a bit slow , not mentally, lol, but he does actually cover the ground quite well. Young ruckmen take a long time to develop. You spend many years on one never knowing if he is going to make it . We've had a few of those over the years. I know it caused a stir at the time but I was happy they traded McEnvoy because I was sure that was as good as he was going to get and probably for the first time in my life I was right, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back