Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, little bit late to the party.

Years ago when my cousins were still little they of course had dogs, and play turned into mauling one of them whilst i was on parental watch as a new teen. Since I was a drive in see twice a year kind of guy, the dog didn't recognise the usual tones and commands to back off and play nice.

So I ran up and punched it in the side of the head, hurt me more since dogs have hard skulls.

So, dog lets go of my cousin, looks at me since I just punched it, and first thoughts in my head was that now I was going to be royally screwed because dogs in a means to go someone, so I headlock it and effectively mount it so that it can't really do anything but calm down. Said cousin who just had his dog go him, walked up to said dog, tears in his eyes and a little bit bloody, and smacked it on the nose, whilst I sternly told him to piss off inside his house. Did I want to punch said dog? Nope, did I set out to do so? Nope, did the dog deserve it? Nope. But you really don't think about those things when you're in that moment where you have to make a choice, the only thing going in your mind is how to stop whatever said animal is doing to something you give a s**t about, so that it does not do it again.

I have family that would do that to an animal going their dog, just as I have family who would see it happening, crack a tinny, a deck chair and laugh heartily at the spectacle.

So did the bloke have to punch the roo? Probably not, but the roo did just go his dog, and at his approach to diffuse the situation rear up to make himself look bigger to either launch at him or dissuade him from approaching through intimidation. This isn't a roo in suburbia lost and looking for a way back to the bush and safety, this is a roo, in the bush (judging from the surroundings) in its native habitat, I mean sure I would not have, but as above it's a split second decision you make, you hesitate and s**t can get real, really bloody quickly.

Please, he'll tackle a platypus, wrestle for a bit and then cop a barb for his trouble whilst the wallaby's chortle.

To be honest its the filming it and becoming an internet big shot because of it i really object to.
Not every s**t that happens belongs on youtube

And marginalise all the caffeine addicts out their?! I'll drink anything with a coffee flavour if I'm desperate. I say MORE caffeine sponsorship.

If I was our marketing department I'd be on to Lavazza or Illy or a big Italian coffee house....links beautifully with the suburb and most of the colours work with their branding. We could do one of our notoriously awful playing kits in red white and green for them on some Italian day like Mussolini's birthday or Bunga Bunga party day or something.

Sorry for butting in here, but I thought I thought I'd share something I've heard.

Coming from a very reliable source (Ex Saint player), Jarryn Geary will be your next captain- The decision has already been made.
The Facebook melts are going to be unprecedented

They need to start getting his face out there for the fair weather blow ins who will no doubt arc up about the pick

I'm talking the sugar in the stuff....not the caffine.

Sugar content.
Dare Iced Coffee : 500ml 47 grams
Dare RAW : 500ml 30 grams
Boost Mango Magic Juice : 450ml 60 grams
V Energy Drink : 500ml 53 grams
Red Bull :500ml 54 grams
Coca Cola : 330ml 35 grams

STOP PICKING ON THE STKILDA SPONSOR.!!!!!

If I was our marketing department I'd be on to Lavazza or Illy or a big Italian coffee house....links beautifully with the suburb and most of the colours work with their branding. We could do one of our notoriously awful playing kits in red white and green for them on some Italian day like Mussolini's birthday or Bunga Bunga party day or something.

Its purely marketing.

There are coffee farms in Australia, and at the end of the processing there are different brand bags with the same Arabica coffee beans going into them.
( like a lot of other foods ).
I'd suggest that the benefit Dare gets from buying their beans direct from the farm would be more than the marketing edge from paying a middle man.

Sugar content.
Dare Iced Coffee : 500ml 47 grams
Dare RAW : 500ml 30 grams
Boost Mango Magic Juice : 450ml 60 grams
V Energy Drink : 500ml 53 grams
Red Bull :500ml 54 grams
Coca Cola : 330ml 35 grams

STOP PICKING ON THE STKILDA SPONSOR.!!!!!

Get over it
I just said I'd prefer a healthy sponsor ffs

The whole place is up in arms over sports betting but like sugar it's all about willpower
This whole everything the club says does or what time it takes a crap worshiping gospel is silly

Ps I drink one small raw dare a week, so I'm not starting a petition
Fmd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get over it

The whole place is up in arms over sports betting but like sugar it's all about willpower
This whole everything the club says does or what time it takes a crap worshiping gospel is silly

Fmd

Fair enough i was being tongue in cheek.
I'm on the zero sugar soft drinks myself.

But out of curiosity what would you consider a "healthy sponsor".

Get over it

Fmd

Not starting a petition, just being a hypocrite then? lol!

Its purely marketing.

There are coffee farms in Australia, and at the end of the processing there are different brand bags with the same Arabica coffee beans going into them.
( like a lot of other foods ).
I'd suggest that the benefit Dare gets from buying their beans direct from the farm would be more than the marketing edge from paying a middle man.

A good coffee roaster makes them taste good though. You obviously don't drink the stuff derived from civet cat faeces then either.

Eastbrook Farms
Largest brussel sprout growers in australia:D

And they make a lot of money to throw away on sponsorship?
Organisations that use sponsorship to promote their product tend to be chasing brand recognition, or trying to make their product cool.
I'm now racking my brains trying to think of a slogan to make sprouts cool.

You do realise that if Italians were black you'd be called a racist.

And they make a lot of money to throw away on sponsorship?
Organisations that use sponsorship to promote their product tend to be chasing brand recognition, or trying to make their product cool.
I'm now racking my brains trying to think of a slogan to make sprouts cool.

Sprouts bra because they're kull.

You do realise that if Italians were black you'd be called a racist.

Totally, but I then just pull out my very, very tiny bit of Italian heritage at that point and play it way up higher than it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back