Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you think of FNM's new (well not new any more, but you know what I mean :p) album Snake?

I'm not like a huge fan but I dig a few of their songs, and I thought it was a pretty wicked album

loved this song

what did you think of FNM's new (well not new any more, but you know what I mean :p) album Snake?

I'm not like a huge fan but I dig a few of their songs, and I thought it was a pretty wicked album

loved this song

Ive pretty much liked all their stuff but i was a massive fan of the Angel Dust & King for a day albums. The range of Pattons voice on those two albums is just freaking crazy.
With Sol Invictus they are one again a very schizophrenic sounding band. And obviously still not all that interested in radio airplay.
Releasing "Motherf******" as the lead single of the new album kind of proved that:p
Of the new stuff i like 'Separation Anxiety ' and ' Superhero' just to name a few.
I guess the average punter who liked 'epic' or their old hit cover version of "Easy" would probably hear this album and go WTF!! is that noise:eek::D
Not everbodys cup of tea Ekomaria. But i loved it.
Theres enough good ' normal' music out there on the radio. Sometimes ya gotta listen to some good weird s**t:thumbsu::D

Worst lyrics ever:

I don't want to see a ghost
That's the thing I fear most
I'd rather have a piece of toast...

Oh FFS.

Des'ree my friend, that is a SHOCKER!

With a name like Des'ree what do expect. It's like someone who can't be ****ed with the full range of syllables in their own name.

Hear the lark and harken
To the barking of the dog fox
Gone to ground

Jimi Hendrix had the profound...

With your majestic superior cackling hen,
to your world I must put an end
and you'll never hear surf music again.

Something like that anyway. Acid made for some seriously deranged poetry.

Ive pretty much liked all their stuff but i was a massive fan of the Angel Dust & King for a day albums. The range of Pattons voice on those two albums is just freaking crazy.
With Sol Invictus they are one again a very schizophrenic sounding band. And obviously still not all that interested in radio airplay.
Releasing "Motherf******" as the lead single of the new album kind of proved that:p
Of the new stuff i like 'Separation Anxiety ' and ' Superhero' just to name a few.
I guess the average punter who liked 'epic' or their old hit cover version of "Easy" would probably hear this album and go WTF!! is that noise:eek::D
Not everbodys cup of tea Ekomaria. But i loved it.
Theres enough good ' normal' music out there on the radio. Sometimes ya gotta listen to some good weird s**t:thumbsu::D
I'm definitely down for some good weird s**t. look no further than my avatar :D
Mike Patton is a genius, there's no other way of looking at it. I guess I never heavily got into his music, but yeah I still like a lot of his stuff

I'm definitely down for some good weird s**t. look no further than my avatar :D
Mike Patton is a genius, there's no other way of looking at it. I guess I never heavily got into his music, but yeah I still like a lot of his stuff
Yeah hes got amazing vocal range.
As long as its good music and i find it interesting i dont care if its Blues, Pop , Altenative or Metal I'll listen to it.:thumbsu:
Im a bit old school though. I still buy a lot of my LPs on vinyl .

As long as its good music and i find it interesting i dont care if its Blues, Pop , Altenative or Metal I'll listen to it.:thumbsu:

Hipster!! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i used to buy Vinyl records then tape them onto chrome cassette.
a) the Vinyl wore out ,
b) the bought cassettes also wore out and the sound quality was crap.

When cd's came out they were great for sound qulity.

Since then the recording studio's have compressed everything in to the top part of the volume range, and digital downloads are at a lower resolution format mostly.

Before I left Australia in 03 I had thousands of records, about 15 CDs and a handful of home recorded cassettes. I loved records, would spend most of what little money I had collecting them and a lot of the time I had looking for and listening to them.

By the time I started travelling, MP3s had become easily attainable. Since then that's pretty much all I've listened to. My records are all boxed up in a storage facility in Melbourne gathering rat poo, their superior sound quality of use to no one, not even the rats.

MP3s are heavily compressed and the sound quality is comparatively poor, but they all sit inside a box the size of a book next to my computer, and I can listen to them everywhere now I've hooked up my computer and phone to Google music manager (not an ad).

But I remember in a lot of cases the first connection I had with a lot of music I have loved for years was the art on those 12"² album covers, reading lyrics on the inside cover etc, and I find it a shame my kids will not have that same connection.

Before I left Australia in 03 I had thousands of records, about 15 CDs and a handful of home recorded cassettes. I loved records, would spend most of what little money I had collecting them and a lot of the time I had looking for and listening to them.

By the time I started travelling, MP3s had become easily attainable. Since then that's pretty much all I've listened to. My records are all boxed up in a storage facility in Melbourne gathering rat poo, their superior sound quality of use to no one, not even the rats.

MP3s are heavily compressed and the sound quality is comparatively poor, but they all sit inside a box the size of a book next to my computer, and I can listen to them everywhere now I've hooked up my computer and phone to Google music manager (not an ad).

But I remember in a lot of cases the first connection I had with a lot of music I have loved for years was the art on those 12"² album covers, reading lyrics on the inside cover etc, and I find it a shame my kids will not have that same connection.
The only thing my 14 year old daughter buys is vinyl, has great taste is music lots of pearl jam Foo Fighter Nirvana ect

The only thing my 14 year old daughter buys is vinyl, has great taste is music lots of pearl jam Foo Fighter Nirvana ect

My 5 year old LOVES the Foo Fighters. Makes me pump up the dial whenever they're on the radio

I went to see them the first time they came to Melbourne in the 90s and he was a shocking singer as a young man. He got better with age, it was a great gig though despite that down at the old Palace in St Kilda.

Good on her:thumbsu:
Although i listen to a wide range of old and new music i guess im a bit old fashioned in the way that I want to have something in my hands to keep and not just a byte of music downloaded.
For example the latest Soundgarden LP came in a gatefold sleeve, a double LP with a 20 page book and also has a password for a free digital download of the Album incase you wanna burn it to CD for the car or whatever anyway.
To me they are like a book collection. I try to keep em in mint condition so they are up nice and high away from babys grubby little hands:D .
This will sound wanky to anybody who isnt into records but if youve got a good turntable then theres a warmer more natural sound to music on Vinyl.
But im not a Vinyl snob, ive still got a shitload of CDs.
If shes not aware already Mowman tell your daughter to keep her eyes out for the Record Fairs that pop up a few times a year.
Essendon and Box Hill have good ones to look out for:thumbsu:

I went to see them the first time they came to Melbourne in the 90s and he was a shocking singer as a young man. He got better with age, it was a great gig though despite that down at the old Palace in St Kilda.
Yeah gringo on his first Album with the band after he replaced Chuck Mosley as singer it was like he was singing in a voice which sounded a little forced. A bit nasely .
But on the next CD "Angel Dust" he took a bit more control of the bands sound and his pipes were pretty impressive.
Nothing wrong with the old Palace mate:thumbsu:

Good on her:thumbsu:
Although i listen to a wide range of old and new music i guess im a bit old fashioned in the way that I want to have something in my hands to keep and not just a byte of music downloaded.
For example the latest Soundgarden LP came in a gatefold sleeve, a double LP with a 20 page book and also has a password for a free digital download of the Album incase you wanna burn it to CD for the car or whatever anyway.
To me they are like a book collection. I try to keep em in mint condition so they are up nice and high away from babys grubby little hands:D .
This will sound wanky to anybody who isnt into records but if youve got a good turntable then theres a warmer more natural sound to music on Vinyl.
But im not a Vinyl snob, ive still got a shitload of CDs.
If shes not aware already Mowman tell your daughter to keep her eyes out for the Record Fairs that pop up a few times a year.
Essendon and Box Hill have good ones to look out for:thumbsu:
I will tell her to keep an eye out for the record fairs mate, she loves Soundgarden as well. Brought her a drum set for xmas loves her music has been playing the trumpet for years as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back