Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Αδελφοι, Saintos, stavro#4, GJD23 : I have a very important Greek question for you. I can find the word for excuse me, and sorry. But I have a precise question - which is very relevant to my 3yo son.

What do you say when you fart, in Greek?

Oscar nominated documentary "The White Helmets" has a Saints connection (as evident in this trailer).

Civilian real-life heroes risking their lives to save fellow Syrians from the bombing.

"When the bombs rain down, the Syrian Civil Defence rushes in. In a place where public services no longer function these unarmed volunteers risk their lives to help anyone in need - regardless of their religion or politics. Known as the White Helmets these volunteer rescue workers operate in the most dangerous place on earth."

https://www.whitehelmets.org/en

Last edited:
Αδελφοι, Saintos, stavro#4, GJD23 : I have a very important Greek question for you. I can find the word for excuse me, and sorry. But I have a precise question - which is very relevant to my 3yo son.

Eklasa is "I farted" and klania is "fart", however when I was younger and I let one rip my Dad used to say "pritsa", or "kanies mia pritsa?"

However I think that is simply just slang for children, like "poulaki", which is bird, is actually child slang for penis, lol.

Eklasa is "I farted" and klania is "fart", however when I was younger and I let one rip my Dad used to say "pritsa", or "kanies mia pritsa?"

However I think that is simply just slang for children, like "poulaki", which is bird, is actually child slang for penis, lol.
So is there a Greek equivalent of "Pardon me" when you fart? And I've tried putting κανιες μια πριτσα in Google translate and it doesn't get any hits... Wait, is that πρίζα, as in "plug"?

So is there a Greek equivalent of "Pardon me" when you fart? And I've tried putting κανιες μια πριτσα in Google translate and it doesn't get any hits... Wait, is that πρίζα, as in "plug"?
Signomi is Pardon Me/Sorry/Excuse Me.

The pritsa thing is just slang, I know my family used to say it - might just be a culture thing.

Kanies mia pritsa would be used in the context of you knowing your child did it and asking him anyway - like when a dog rips up carpet and you say to him "whats this? what have you done here?" ... it's not a scolding tone, it's more of a playful joking tone...

Lol. Literally, κανεις μια πριζα seems to mean "doing a plughole". :eek: :D
I guess it's just the context in which you say it. Stuffed if I know what you'd say if the plumber was fixing your bathtub and let one rip though :p

Eklasa is probably the most common word to use. One thing I do enjoy about the Greek language is that one word in different contexts means different things.

Are you trying to teach your young one some Greek manners? Lol

I guess it's just the context in which you say it. Stuffed if I know what you'd say if the plumber was fixing your bathtub and let one rip though :p

Eklasa is probably the most common word to use. One thing I do enjoy about the Greek language is that one word in different contexts means different things.

Are you trying to teach your young one some Greek manners? Lol
Let's just say that, when teaching a child a new language, it's good to start with words they use often. And "pardon me" within that context is something my son uses, extremely frequently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just say that, when teaching a child a new language, it's good to start with words they use often. And "pardon me" within that context is something my son uses, extremely frequently.
Hahaha

Loving the King Gizzard and Murlocs suggestions. Very 'Aussie psychedelic' like Tame Impala (one of my fave bands). Anyone got similar suggestions?
Those are possibly the two best young bands this country has to offer, they're both ******* insane. If you ever see them live, their energy's are incredible and it really is just spectacular. Thee Oh Sees (USA) are a huge inspiration for King Gizzard, and their influences are very evident. Ty Segall is a garage/lo-fi rock god if you're into that kind of thing, and as far as similar artists to Tame Impala go, I would suggest Pond, who are one of several side projects that members of Tame Impala are in. They've put out some amazing records, and are well worth a listen.

If you're looking for something a bit more mellow, then The Babe Rainbow are worth thought (they're signed to the same label as King Gizzard and The Murlocs), and Violent Soho if you're looking for something a bit more heavy/grunge. Drunk Mums are also one of the best young bands in the country, just classic Aussie punk/pub rock. :D

I'm not Greek, Perse. It's all Dutch to me mate.

Fyi fart in Vietnamese is dit. :)

Those are possibly the two best young bands this country has to offer, they're both ******* insane. If you ever see them live, their energy's are incredible and it really is just spectacular. Thee Oh Sees (USA) are a huge inspiration for King Gizzard, and their influences are very evident. Ty Segall is a garage/lo-fi rock god if you're into that kind of thing, and as far as similar artists to Tame Impala go, I would suggest Pond, who are one of several side projects that members of Tame Impala are in. They've put out some amazing records, and are well worth a listen.

If you're looking for something a bit more mellow, then The Babe Rainbow are worth thought (they're signed to the same label as King Gizzard and The Murlocs), and Violent Soho if you're looking for something a bit more heavy/grunge. Drunk Mums are also one of the best young bands in the country, just classic Aussie punk/pub rock. :D
Check out Gilligan Smiles if you haven't already, couple of young guys from out my way making some pretty good psych. They have a new album out next month.

Anyone who had kids ( or spouses or anyone else ) who worked over the Christmas period for a bit of cash, and unlikely to work much during the year.

Watch out for the totally legal but still criminal superannuation fee scam.
a) Cancel any insurance component of the fund. This will destroy the accrued super in a matter of months.
b) Check out the fee's, most have $1 or $1.50 a week. No big deal if you have money going in each week, but vampiric if you don't.

Find an account without fee's that it can be transferred to.

I don't care that its only $50 per kid. It doesn't belong to those bastards any more than it belonged to Lex Luthor when he scammed all the rounded off cents in superman.

Its a similar scam ( yes i'm calling it that ) if you do some work for a different company and they put your super in an account other than your standard account.

General Grumpiness #2.

So I put an old lounge suite on eBay.
A week or so later get an email from buyer: "I would like to offer $2,000 cash. Are you interested?"
I email back: "Deal".
We swap contact details.
She rings me to ask some details about the suite, when told it's thirty years old says: "Thanks, not interested."
And hangs up.

Not impressed by this cretin.

General Grumpiness #2.

So I put an old lounge suite on eBay.
A week or so later get an email from buyer: "I would like to offer $2,000 cash. Are you interested?"
I email back: "Deal".
We swap contact details.
She rings me to ask some details about the suite, when told it's thirty years old says: "Thanks, not interested."
And hangs up.

Not impressed by this cretin.

With Ebay, always reply, sure put the bid on "on-line". I always offer for people to come and look at the bigger ticket items, but for some reason people don't think you can do this. Biggest thing i ever bought on ebay was a car for 40 somthing thousand. But of course i went and looked at it and drove it before buying. ( i think we had it checked by a mechanic ). Then bid on it on-line.

With Ebay, always reply, sure put the bid on "on-line". I always offer for people to come and look at the bigger ticket items, but for some reason people don't think you can do this. Biggest thing i ever bought on ebay was a car for 40 somthing thousand. But of course i went and looked at it and drove it before buying. ( i think we had it checked by a mechanic ). Then bid on it on-line.

Thanks, will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back