Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind soccer occasionally, but soccer types have been saying for years that their ascension is inevitable.

Aussie Rules is the superior sport, and will be king in Victoria/other AFL states for the rest of my life at least I reckon.
Maybe but I have a contact at FFV and their participation rates are through the roof men and women.

At the same time the development league is getting the arse and local football at senior level is dying, our immigration is at record levels and for most soccer is their number 1 sport.

Afl is unique and I love it but gee it's a hard game to follow if your not brought up on it.

Maybe but I have a contact at FFV and their participation rates are through the roof men and women.

At the same time the development league is getting the arse and local football at senior level is dying, our immigration is at record levels and for most soccer is their number 1 sport.

Afl is unique and I love it but gee it's a hard game to follow if your not brought up on it.

I work with people from Turkey, Germany, Scotland, Vietnam - They have no problem.
Step one , watch the guys try to boot the ball through the big sticks.
Step two , spend the next 20 years trying to work out why that idiot is blowing his whistle and it still seems wrong.

I work with people from Turkey, Germany, Scotland, Vietnam - They have no problem.
Step one , watch the guys try to boot the ball through the big sticks.
Step two , spend the next 20 years trying to work out why that idiot is blowing his whistle and it still seems wrong.
Exactly my dad used to carry around a rule book I kid you not, it drove him to distraction with most US sports the rules are pretty clear.

I was watching foxtel a while back maybe it was ESPN but the football got a brief mention and one of the points they made was how involved the umpires are.

Footy is the only sport I get really annoyed watching, I think it's because the rules are so grey and the umpires so bad. The other thing is what other sport has full time professionals who can't execute the basics of the game mark, kick and handball etc.

Mind you despite all that it's a great game.

Last edited:

Joop id get the **** out of Florida too
St Martin is 95% destroyed
Mate we have been trying. Buses are full, trains are full, hire cars are booked out. Flights are getting cancelled left right and centre, JetBlue, united, AA have capped all out going flights at $99 but they get snapped up literally before our eyes. The only flights outta here are so expensive that we can't afford it as our travel insurance won't cover it because our flight hasn't been technically cancelled yet.
Essentially RACV want us to wait until Friday or Saturday when our flight is cancelled to then get out of here, even though we explained to them by that stage EVERYTHING will be cancelled and we will be stuck here, in a ******* hurricane.

On a positive, the free Buffett breakfast at this hotel is bloody delish.

Football been losing the battle to AFL since the 60's nothing will change partly because the best football players go overseas making following A-league like following VFL and partly because the AFL teams have been so good at representing communities and areas. Also it's a great game and a great game to play

Football been losing the battle to AFL since the 60's nothing will change partly because the best football players go overseas making following A-league like following VFL and partly because the AFL teams have been so good at representing communities and areas. Also it's a great game and a great game to play
There both great games to play I have followed both since I was a young kid.

It's not part of my background I just happened to grow up with a lot friends who were very talented players, I played a bit at school but I played a lot more Aussie rules from juniors to seniors, although I only played when my commitments to another sport allowed.

I don't have a horse in the race it's just an opinion, take a look at my last three clubs two have folded and the third pays under19s from the outer suburbs because it can't find local kids. Their going for 3 in a row this year not that it matter who cares I don't know them from Adam.

It's the same at senior level there are about two locals they have a salary cap and a points system and recruit players from everywhere it's a joke, there's nothing local about it and their always broke.

It's the same in the country I have friends of my kids playing on really good coin for a team in Bendigo while the local kids play two's or get dropped for finals. This club charges $15 per head just to get in and never stops fund raising just to pay the players. They don't even train there, they train at my local club and drive up to play.

That imho is just crap these clubs used to be about locals making friends and playing a great game, the one thing I will give them is they have joined forces with netball and have improved the behaviour and the drinking.

I worry that the afl is missing the big picture, while they push ahead with interstate teams and promoting a women's league the grass roots is in trouble. Bye the bye my local club has several women playing in the afl, the women's comp was strong and vibrant well before the afl got on board, it's a joke we don't have a team half the players come from bayside.

Your right about the players going overseas clubs here just can't compete the cash in crap leagues is ridiculous but the local game has still improved a lot.

In the city of port Phillip we are lucky to have a lot of open space and football ovals, the school holidays are coming up and the finals are on when I drive around ovals will be empty during the week unless it's organised sport, years ago they were covered with kids kicking footballs.

S
Mate we have been trying. Buses are full, trains are full, hire cars are booked out. Flights are getting cancelled left right and centre, JetBlue, united, AA have capped all out going flights at $99 but they get snapped up literally before our eyes. The only flights outta here are so expensive that we can't afford it as our travel insurance won't cover it because our flight hasn't been technically cancelled yet.
Essentially RACV want us to wait until Friday or Saturday when our flight is cancelled to then get out of here, even though we explained to them by that stage EVERYTHING will be cancelled and we will be stuck here, in a ******* hurricane.

stay safe and listen to the authorities if you can't get out.

I guess there is only one thing you can do...
a25c2d9157de109ad2be2e6672fbe86c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hopefully u can stay safe joop, in a decent bunker or something.
No way would i be hiding under a bed in a hotel room or anything like that
Looks very very nasty
Dont take any risks, like trying to drive out late and getting caught in traffic in the elements

Be safe and check in when it's all passed by

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully u can stay safe joop, in a decent bunker or something.
No way would i be hiding under a bed in a hotel room or anything like that
Looks very very nasty
Dont take any risks, like trying to drive out late and getting caught in traffic in the elements

Be safe and check in when it's all passed by

Supposedly it is recommended to hide in a enclosed toilet, due to the walls not being able to fall in on top of you. Unless you have access to a concrete bunker like Richard Branson had, it's difficult to know where to hide...

..good luck:thumbsu:

Oh, and keep out of Mexico....they've had an earthquake with a tsunami warning to follow.

Jip Jip Rocks 2015 shiraz very good for $20

Supposedly it is recommended to hide in a enclosed toilet, due to the walls not being able to fall in on top of you. Unless you have access to a concrete bunker like Richard Branson had, it's difficult to know where to hide...

..good luck:thumbsu:

Oh, and keep out of Mexico....they've had an earthquake with a tsunami warning to follow.

I'm pretty sure Branson was just in the wine cellar and there happened to be natural disasters outside.

What are we eating and drinking during today's games, I know for some it will be water after last night but I think I'll down some mountain goat beers.

Roast loin of pork with veg is on the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back