Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking of moving back to Melbourne just to watch this group take us to the top. I seriously have doubts I can do it considering how much has changed in the last 6 years. Very, very sad. Give us our City back. Give us our freedom back. Most livable City, Bulltish. I want my Melbourne back, someone please sort this mess out, now.

I've been thinking of moving back to Melbourne just to watch this group take us to the top. I seriously have doubts I can do it considering how much has changed in the last 6 years. Very, very sad. Give us our City back. Give us our freedom back. Most livable City, Bulltish. I want my Melbourne back, someone please sort this mess out, now.
I know all era's have their own problems. Whether its the so called 'good old days' or today. Society has always had problems.
Drugs and alcohol have always been problems in any decade you could name .
And i know there will always be a percentage of people living on the streets because they are fleeing violence or sexual abuse or they have just fell on bad times and have no immediate family.
But our wonderful City looks like a shithole with all the Beggars and Rough Sleepers at the moment.
When i was in my early teens me and my mates would always go into the City on the train. Just for the movies, pinball parlours, record stores etc etc.
As a kid i remember there being a few dickheads hanging around the city and a few homeless people/wino's hanging around the parks and allys.
But ive never seen anything like the numbers of beggars and crack heads annoying people and sleeping on the streets.
Its pretty sad really.

Beggers in the street because no crisis accommodation because of funding cuts.
As for more violence you kids didnt live through the 70's with violent gangs on all the trains, sexual assault rampant, donestic violence not reported.
But keep reading the Herald Sun and listening to the Hanson type ignorance.

As for more violence you kids didnt live through the 70's with violent gangs on all the trains, sexual assault rampant, donestic violence not reported.
M.O.T

I never said i lived in a utopia of no problems growing up. We moved to a shitty Western Suburb town in the early 70s so Unfortunately im no kid:D
And i wouldnt read the Herald Scum if you paid me.

Are you serious? Melbourne is a ******* fantastic place to live. I've travelled all over the world, and you can't do half the s**t you do here compared to other places. It's safe, clean, vibrant, multicultural and has such a great music & sport culture it's not funny.
Despite what people think even our traffic is good compared to London, NYC, LA..ect.
If you think Melbourne is bad, you've lived a very sheltered life.

Are you serious? Melbourne is a ******* fantastic place to live. I've travelled all over the world, and you can't do half the s**t you do here compared to other places. It's safe, clean, vibrant, multicultural and has such a great music & sport culture it's not funny.
Despite what people think even our traffic is good compared to London, NYC, LA..ect.
compared to Syd our traffic is fantastic:D
Clean up all the peeps on the footpaths and its back to looking great :thumbsu:

I know all era's have their own problems. Whether its the so called 'good old days' or today. Society has always had problems.
Drugs and alcohol have always been problems in any decade you could name .
And i know there will always be a percentage of people living on the streets because they are fleeing violence or sexual abuse or they have just fell on bad times and have no immediate family.
But our wonderful City looks like a shithole with all the Beggars and Rough Sleepers at the moment.
When i was in my early teens me and my mates would always go into the City on the train. Just for the movies, pinball parlours, record stores etc etc.
As a kid i remember there being a few dickheads hanging around the city and a few homeless people/wino's hanging around the parks and allys.
But ive never seen anything like the numbers of beggars and crack heads annoying people and sleeping on the streets.
Its pretty sad really.
It is sad, it's sad that these people have to set up camp in such numbers on flinders street for anyone to notice them and their situation.

I have no idea about Chris Yarran's personal life but if he was vulnerable in any way then a couple of weeks at Punt Rd is enough to drive any man in to despair.
Having to train with the majority of blokes who are barely VFL standard.
Dimma. Peggy O'Neal. 'Cotch' as captain. Brendan effing Gale.
No wonder Yaz lost his s**t. Cant blame him. Id feel the same way having to spend every day with those pack of no hopers.

Last edited:
It is sad, it's sad that these people have to set up camp in such numbers on flinders street for anyone to notice them and their situation.
Yes. For the sake of our great City something has to be done as soon as possible.
If they are genuine homeless looking for safe housing it has to be funded and funded quickly to help them. And if they are Junkies who have been offered help but reject it cos they want to stay where the drugs/begging is, then the police should deal with them.

Imo fighting drugs is like stopping the boats. Pointless and stupid. Junkie crims and beggars are the symptoms, not the disease. My friend at the needle and rehab centre says rich people come in all the time, picking up needles in their suits. Stable users with families, jobs, good upbringings don't do this s**t. The people causing trouble have nothing else to lose or turn to so they surrender themselves. They'll always find one drug or another, so there can't be a war on drugs. Poverty and inequality means poor upbringings for kids, parents either stuck on the dole or working ridiculous hours so kids are alone or out when they shouldn't be becoming idiots. If we vote for pollies who cut welfare and support, we've no right to complain about beggars and junkie crims imo. Just like if we vote for ones who invade other countries we've no right to complain about refugees. Relevant to the Saints because...well... we've all been to Fitzroy St at night, right? Very very sad news today though. My little girl is everything to me, I couldn't imagine...

Anyway after the initial shock/anger/sadness about the incident in the city i dont wanna keep harping on about homeless, drugs, crappy polititions or that piece of s**t driving the car
For now i just hope the familys of the people injured or killed are getting the right support and help they need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said i lived in a utopia of no problems growing up. We moved to a shitty Western Suburb town in the early 70s so Unfortunately im no kid:D
And i wouldnt read the Herald Scum if you paid me.
All good. H-S reference was not directed at anyone in particular.

Just some kneejerk comments about Melbourne being is bad is just so much BS.
The reaction about the homeless is driven by the Murdoch rags. No mention of defunding causing the problem.

I walk past those people everyday and they never hassle me. The beggers dont hassle, only ones that do are Pommy backpackers selling Childfund or bible bashers trying to convert me.

But lers continue to bash the poor while politicians leech off the system and give tax cuts to the mega rich.

You are all just one mental illness from being in the same position.

Joop is correct. Melbourne is one of the greatest places in the world.

I have been through much of Asia and Europe and for where I want to live nowhere else compares

A serious question (not having a dig, I think it is sad for a lot of these people) but what do you do for the homeless who aren't interested in housing because one of the conditions for housing is that they have to be clean. When housing has been approved they have turned it down because they would rather stay on drugs. I bought some food for a homeless person who was collecting money and he looked at it, rattled his cup at me and walked away.(yes, I know, I shouldn't have presumed to have offered him money but I work too damned hard to just give my money away)

A serious question (not having a dig, I think it is sad for a lot of these people) but what do you do for the homeless who aren't interested in housing because one of the conditions for housing is that they have to be clean. When housing has been approved they have turned it down because they would rather stay on drugs. I bought some food for a homeless person who was collecting money and he looked at it, rattled his cup at me and walked away.(yes, I know, I shouldn't have presumed to have offered him money but I work too damned hard to just give my money away)
Sorry.....food...read and then post

All good. H-S reference was not directed at anyone in particular.

Just some kneejerk comments about Melbourne being is bad is just so much BS.
The reaction about the homeless is driven by the Murdoch rags. No mention of defunding causing the problem.

I walk past those people everyday and they never hassle me. The beggers dont hassle, only ones that do are Pommy backpackers selling Childfund or bible bashers trying to convert me.

But lers continue to bash the poor while politicians leech off the system and give tax cuts to the mega rich.

You are all just one mental illness from being in the same position.

Joop is correct. Melbourne is one of the greatest places in the world.

I have been through much of Asia and Europe and for where I want to live nowhere else compares
Yeah, I shouldn't comment cos I haven't lived in Australia since 2003, but I loved living in Melbourne, and still have many friends there who never whine about the place so it can't have changed that much. I fell in love with the city the moment I arrived and in the 8 years I was there that love rarely waned. I would move back there in a hot second, and you can have all the beggars of Victoria lined up on my street... Ah, actually that would be pretty annoying every day, all of them just hanging outside my house, maybe not... but I would tolerate the worst the city could throw at me, I'm sure.

I agree that the crime and other problems in many other parts of the world makes most of Australia look pretty tame. One thing I do remember feeling about Australia while I was there is that you adjust to how easy life is there and find yourself getting uptight about issues that, in the greater scheme of things, aren't that bad.

I feel really sad for the survivors affected by the car guy today and of course those whose lives were stolen. Hopefully the survivors can in some way heal after this horrible event.

I am serious. Melbourne was a great place to live, compared to other cities it is probably still the best. I just don't want what is happening now to become the norm. I don't really want to be bashed in my bed for the keys to my '98 Hilux, is it too much to ask? And your right, I am living a rather sheltered life in Mission Beach FNQ. A place where I don't need to lock the house or car, just like Melbourne was for me growing up. It is quiet, sometimes too quiet.

I am serious. Melbourne was a great place to live, compared to other cities it is probably still the best. I just don't want what is happening now to become the norm. I don't really want to be bashed in my bed for the keys to my '98 Hilux, is it too much to ask? And your right, I am living a rather sheltered life in Mission Beach FNQ. A place where I don't need to lock the house or car, just like Melbourne was for me growing up. It is quiet, sometimes too quiet.

Exactly.
Go back a decade and find the kind of crime you just described.
Overseas, people live in gated homes with security, or in "secure estates" ie , your visitors need to be on a list to enter your street.

Apartments are one way of achieving this i guess, but its not a way of life that we've needed to adopt before, and people who say crime is going down are wrong and cannot support any evidence to support it.

Exactly.
Go back a decade and find the kind of crime you just described.
Overseas, people live in gated homes with security, or in "secure estates" ie , your visitors need to be on a list to enter your street.

Apartments are one way of achieving this i guess, but its not a way of life that we've needed to adopt before, and people who say crime is going down are wrong and cannot support any evidence to support it.
So gang members who do this are being deported.
They work for motorcycle gangs who control the ice trade.
Many of rhe homeless are ice addicts, the monster who killed those people is an ice addict.

As for stealing your 98 HiLux pease

They are targeting luxury cars FFS.

And anyone who doesnt thing Agg burgs have only just started to happen are deluded.

So stay in FNQ the poster bagging Melbourne. No problems up in Queensland, I am sure.

BTW, only place in the entire world I have personally robbed was in FNQ. Obviously a hell hole of crime

So gang members who do this are being deported.
They work for motorcycle gangs who control the ice trade.
Many of rhe homeless are ice addicts, the monster who killed those people is an ice addict.

As for stealing your 98 HiLux pease

They are targeting luxury cars FFS.

And anyone who doesnt thing Agg burgs have only just started to happen are deluded.

So stay in FNQ the poster bagging Melbourne. No problems up in Queensland, I am sure.

BTW, only place in the entire world I have personally robbed was in FNQ. Obviously a hell hole of crime

Get some facts Joffa.
I think there are something like 4 guys being deported.
How many times were they arrested?
How many crimes were they not arrested for?
How many times were they let out on Bail?
Why is it no longer a jailable offence to breach bail conditions?

My car was stoplen, i know other people in the area who's cars were stolen, people in the area have had their car stolen while they are driving them.
This is not one crime in a place you happened to visit. They ARE breaking into peoples homes and threatening them with violence if they don't hand over their property. They are kids but they are often 6 foot plus and intimidating.
They are not necessarily working for the Bikers.
This was not going on 3 or 4 years ago. Its new, its been allowed to get out of hand.

So people are not getting deported? I didnt get robbed in FNQ.
I had a car stolen in 1986, does that mean there was a crime spree then?

I love anecdotal emotionalism. So agg burgs have only just started?

I agree with deporting non citizens. If they are citizens, jail them

I believe in the rule of law not some emotional frenzy whipped up by Murdoch and alt right bigots.
The police are working hard and will smash this Apex gang. Need to also smash the Mongols and other outlaw ice makers.
Unless you want a South American dictatorship with summary executions and abuses of the law, let the law enforcement do their jobs and cool your jets.

So people are not getting deported? I didnt get robbed in FNQ.
I had a car stolen in 1986, does that mean there was a crime spree then?

I love anecdotal emotionalism. So agg burgs have only just started?

I agree with deporting non citizens. If they are citizens, jail them

I believe in the rule of law not some emotional frenzy whipped up by Murdoch and alt right bigots.
The police are working hard and will smash this Apex gang. Need to also smash the Mongols and other outlaw ice makers.
Unless you want a South American dictatorship with summary executions and abuses of the law, let the law enforcement do their jobs and cool your jets.

The cops catch them and the courts let them go.
I've also spoken to cops who hate that they are not allowed to pursue a speeding car.
The law WAS changed to make it easier on people out on bail.

System is broken needs to be fixed.

I posted the statistical evidence. Crime is getting worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back