Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing that quite a few people on this forum are so familiar with the area.

My wife is currently a youth worker at Ressie High school. Very very challenging job...

Work for the council out that way. In a few short months I've seen some very interesting things.

My top 5 scary suburbs in Melbourne.

5. Deer Park.
4. Campbellfield.
3. Reservoir.
2. Dandenong.
1. Sunshine.

Keen to hear everyone's thoughts on this list as there are plenty of suburbs that deserve an apology. I will not be swayed on the top 2 but know there are some that are stiff to miss out!

I used to live in Deer Park, for 4 years. The area that I lived in was/is so quiet that the loudest noise in all of my time in the area was a firetruck and the traffic on Ballarat Rd.

Heidelberg West is right up there. I live not far from there and my grandma used to live there. Some horrible, horrible stuff along Southern Road and Liberty Parade!! I would have to agree and this was right on the borderline for me. A very rough suburb.
Are you in witness protection? You seem to move around a fair bit.

Do we have any diabetics on the board?

I was diagnosed on Monday. Not the greatest news but it's manageable. I've probably gone undiagnosed for years. Now I can get it under control.

Do we have any diabetics on the board?

I was diagnosed on Monday. Not the greatest news but it's manageable. I've probably gone undiagnosed for years. Now I can get it under control.
I'd get a second opinion. I was diagnosed as diabetic a couple of years ago and went through the rigmarole of extra appointments and paperwork. My doctor left the clinic unannounced so I found myself shopping around for another doctor who would monitor my condition. I took in my test results (and he tested me as well) and his view was that I was still pre-diabetic. Blood sugar level was high but he had a different view of what was considered diabetic. Wow I thought. I'd been dutifully pricking myself for ages and testing BSL and I didn't have to.

However if the diagnosis is accurate use it as an opportunity to get your body right. Diet and exercise is the first step towards a better life for everybody. You can also sign up with Diabetes Australia which will send you information as well as provide you with a card that will assist with discounts on diabetic products. Make sure the dietician, dentist, optometrist and podiatrist are part of your plan for the future. A diabetic nurse (teacher?) will be part of your plan as well. A BSL monitor will probably be on your list as well but I think I paid under $50 for one from a chemist a couple of years ago.

All the best. It's not a setback. Treat it seriously but use it as a positive for your future.

Thanks but I've already gotten two different doctors to confirm.

My blood sugar last Thursday morning (9:30am) was 19.6 when the last time I'd eaten was four of those candy bananas at about 2am. The next day I went to see my GP after having eaten a healthy, for a diabetic, meal (salad sandwich on wholemeal) two and a half hours prior and it was 22.6. On Monday, when I went to get my test results back (hba1c) it was a 10.2 (which indicates an average of about 20 or so for the past 3 months) it was 22.4. I'd been eating much better over the weekend as a result. Therefore, I've definitely got it.

Thanks for all of the helpful advice. I'll definitely utilize it.

Got last minute tickets to GnR.

... and boys and girls, have just lost my cracker bag!!

Axl, Slash, Duff & the other guys.

Saw 'em 25 years ago at Bob Janes, swamp fiasco he called the Thunderdome.

Gunners!!

Ed: be still, my beating heart.
Don't cry, sweet child 'o mine. Patience.

I
Got last minute tickets to GnR.

... and boys and girls, have just lost my cracker bag!!

Axl, Slash, Duff & the other guys.

Saw 'em 25 years ago at Bob Janes, swamp fiasco he called the Thunderdome.

Gunners!!

Ed: be still, my beating heart.
Izzy, never forget Izzy...

Saw them Tuesday night. Was epic. Estranged was my fave. Slash just made his guitars cry all night.

Yep.

Estranged was just massive.

Civil War, WTTJ right up there.

Got a bit self indulgent, but Slash doing the Godfather theme is what you pay your money for.

Him and Duff were in magnificent form.

Axl sure wears a lot of different hats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.

Estranged was just massive.

Civil War, WTTJ right up there.

Got a bit self indulgent, but Slash doing the Godfather theme is what you pay your money for.

Him and Duff were in magnificent form.

Axl sure wears a lot of different hats.
Jealous, glad you enjoyed it.

Gunners played tonight in Perth. I was on the train heading home from work and there was a group of young people who were going and they were singing very loudly on the train. They were singing so loud that the train stopped all of a sudden and the driver opened the door walked into the carriage and told them to be quiet. I found it very funny as I have been catching public transport for over ten years and have never seen anything like that before.

I have been fringing it up for the past few weeks in Perth and saw a few good things. Ben Skelton an partially blind english comedian, Amelia Ryan, female comedian from Sydney. Matthew Mitchell, Olympic gold medalist turned cabaret entertainer.

Tomorrow will mark three weeks retired. I'm getting the full treatment from the public service. It took two weeks to pay my recreation and long service leave entitlements. Now I'm told my application for the pension has not been sent to my super fund. It appears to have been misplaced. Lucky I have a wife to support me. Isn't that right dear? Hello. Hello. Comeback...

OMG - I think a girl I did Contiki with a hundred years ago (and one of the few that were older than me) is one of the contestants on the new Biggest Loser. I usually don't watch that crap, but I might have to sneak a look at an episode to check if it actually her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back