Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Ya kid yourself that because you get lol, rofl, gtfo and all that kinda stuff that your keeping up with the kids. Then this stuff comes along and you know it's just an illusion cause you have NFA.

Gonna book in tomorrow for a custom fitted mobility scooter.

I can source some racing slicks for ya .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Dickhead had his court appearance today.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/07/03/13/45/vic-man-admits-murdering-girlfriend

Bloody awful learning more about your cousins death through the media. Beyond hard to read.
Oh Jatz. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. The level of detail in that article is sickening.
I truly hope with every fibre of my being that you get justice for what that monster did. She looked like a beautiful, friendly woman.
I hope her kids are doing the best they can :hearts:

Oh Jatz. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. The level of detail in that article is sickening.
I truly hope with every fibre of my being that you get justice for what that monster did. She looked like a beautiful, friendly woman.

My thoughts exactly. Just saw the channel 7 report on Facebook. I’m so sorry Jatz. I can’t even imagine what you’re all going through

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
She certainly was beautiful and friendly, she'd have never hurt a fly.

Back in the Supreme Court on Friday morning. Going to be a long couple of days I think.

She certainly was beautiful and friendly, she'd have never hurt a fly.

Back in the Supreme Court on Friday morning. Going to be a long couple of days I think.

Hey Jatz. What happened yesterday? Don’t think anything has been reported in the news

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Hey Jatz. What happened yesterday? Don’t think anything has been reported in the news
The trial has been set for the 8th and 9th of November.

Why so late? His family is going on holiday so they asked to postpone it. Their son is facing murder charges and they’re off on holidays.

Let’s just say, dickhead didn’t fall far from the tree in that family...

The trial has been set for the 8th and 9th of November.

Why so late? His family is going on holiday so they asked to postpone it. Their son is facing murder charges and they’re off on holidays.

Let’s just say, dickhead didn’t fall far from the tree in that family...

That’s ridiculous :(

Hopefully it's okay to use this thread somewhat as an off my chest / sounding board type deal.

I'm really missing home (Melbourne) though it was only home for a few years again after 3/4 of a decade away last time.

I really have nothing holding me back up here. I have my own little business that I can take with me and eventually start back up again. The girl that I'm getting close to has determined that the opportunity to move to Mount Isa is too good to turn down (though we both knew this before we became close, I have no interest in moving there nor do I have the skills to suit a largely mining community) and my ex has finally (!!) begun moving on with her life (we're still friends but I no longer feel obligated to be her backup/support everything like she expected me to be).

I think I'm just done here. There's no place like home. It's time to get behind the boys properly again. I didn't understand how much being able to go to the football on a nearly weekly basis and getting into the actual culture of it all meant to me. While the Lions and the Suns are AFL teams its not the same, they're not my team. It actually hit me quite hard on Saturday night when I was sitting behind the goals near the cheer squad. I'm not working in sports otherwise like I was when I was living overseas to have as a comparable substitute. I spent the first half of my time living here emotionally supporting my ex and not focusing on my own life to my own detriment. I've spent the past 12 to 18 months finding myself again and so I'm ready to make the adult decisions that I had been putting off because of her.

The truth is I'd like to make those decisions and act upon them before I'm 40 and have wasted any more of my life. I know that I'm not a female with a biological clock for children (my father was almost 63 when I was born) but given that both of my parents passed away before my 22nd birthday I almost feel that my time has passed for that (I refuse to put children into the same position that I was though I regret nothing and would take care of my mother for those 3 years again if I had to). So really it's about finding and creating a home, hopefully finding a life partner who is in a similar position (if she wants kids, so be it!) and creating a happy life.

Now that I'm somewhat decided on making the move home I need to do the hard yards to make it happen. That's finding work (I'm triple degree educated with an additional diploma) in marketing-communications and then once that is done finding some temporary to eventually permanent housing. It's hard not having family but when you set your mind on something you make it happen.

Maybe with my intended trip home in September/October I'll not have to move back. That would be nice.

Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Hopefully it's okay to use this thread somewhat as an off my chest / sounding board type deal.

I'm really missing home (Melbourne) though it was only home for a few years again after 3/4 of a decade away last time.

I really have nothing holding me back up here. I have my own little business that I can take with me and eventually start back up again. The girl that I'm getting close to has determined that the opportunity to move to Mount Isa is too good to turn down (though we both knew this before we became close, I have no interest in moving there nor do I have the skills to suit a largely mining community) and my ex has finally (!!) begun moving on with her life (we're still friends but I no longer feel obligated to be her backup/support everything like she expected me to be).

I think I'm just done here. There's no place like home. It's time to get behind the boys properly again. I didn't understand how much being able to go to the football on a nearly weekly basis and getting into the actual culture of it all meant to me. While the Lions and the Suns are AFL teams its not the same, they're not my team. It actually hit me quite hard on Saturday night when I was sitting behind the goals near the cheer squad. I'm not working in sports otherwise like I was when I was living overseas to have as a comparable substitute. I spent the first half of my time living here emotionally supporting my ex and not focusing on my own life to my own detriment. I've spent the past 12 to 18 months finding myself again and so I'm ready to make the adult decisions that I had been putting off because of her.

The truth is I'd like to make those decisions and act upon them before I'm 40 and have wasted any more of my life. I know that I'm not a female with a biological clock for children (my father was almost 63 when I was born) but given that both of my parents passed away before my 22nd birthday I almost feel that my time has passed for that (I refuse to put children into the same position that I was though I regret nothing and would take care of my mother for those 3 years again if I had to). So really it's about finding and creating a home, hopefully finding a life partner who is in a similar position (if she wants kids, so be it!) and creating a happy life.

Now that I'm somewhat decided on making the move home I need to do the hard yards to make it happen. That's finding work (I'm triple degree educated with an additional diploma) in marketing-communications and then once that is done finding some temporary to eventually permanent housing. It's hard not having family but when you set your mind on something you make it happen.

Maybe with my intended trip home in September/October I'll not have to move back. That would be nice.
Mate, you have to look after number first and foremost. Once you're happy, then worry about making others happy.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
What a day! Why did I go the footy?

I arranged to meet my daughter at the game as she was away yesterday and was going straight to the game. She then messaged me to say she was back early and could I pick her up from her unit in Brunswick. I agreed to pick her up but regretted it when I was stuck in traffic due to an incident on the Bell Street off ramp (I thought it was a car accident with all the emergency vehicles but there was not a car in sight). I lost concentration (I’m getting old) and lightly hit the car in front of me (spew!!!!). I exchanged details and sat in the traffic for a bit longer. In the end I couldn’t pick my daughter up and we made our own way to the game. Fate can be cruel.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Which is a better combo for a first birthday party:

A small jumping castle and a separate ball pit
A ball bit and a tunnel + tent combo for crawling through and hiding
A small jumping castle and a tunnel + tent combo

Kids will range in ages from 9 months up to 12, but there's also a playground nearby for the bigger kids, so just aiming to entertain the toddlers

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Kids will range in ages from 9 months up to 12, but there's also a playground nearby for the bigger kids, so just aiming to entertain the toddlers
I'm going with C.

I have absolutely zero knowledge or experience in this though, it just sounds more fun.

None of the above. How do you get bigger and better each year if you start like that? Tipping the one year old won’t remember any of it anyway.

Bubble wands are always a big hit and can waste up to half an hour, another half hour on the cake. Pin the tail on the donkey, pass the parcel and/or piñata also take up time. Feed them as well and then have some games and space to play and the party is done.

Another option for the older kids is to have cupcakes made and supply different colours of icing with a range of lollies and sprinkles so the kids can decorate their own cupcake.

Any other craft activity generally goes down well, such as decorate your own hat or mask to wear. Warning: glitter multiplies into millions of pieces if it gets loose around the house.

While a Jumping castle would be good, if you have space kids will play almost anything. The trick is not to interrupt them too much because you feel like a structure is needed. Just start different stuff as required and they will wander over and join in if they want.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
None of the above. How do you get bigger and better each year if you start like that? Tipping the one year old won’t remember any of it anyway.

Bubble wands are always a big hit and can waste up to half an hour, another half hour on the cake. Pin the tail on the donkey, pass the parcel and/or piñata also take up time. Feed them as well and then have some games and space to play and the party is done.

Another option for the older kids is to have cupcakes made and supply different colours of icing with a range of lollies and sprinkles so the kids can decorate their own cupcake.

Any other craft activity generally goes down well, such as decorate your own hat or mask to wear. Warning: glitter multiplies into millions of pieces if it gets loose around the house.

While a Jumping castle would be good, if you have space kids will play almost anything. The trick is not to interrupt them too much because you feel like a structure is needed. Just start different stuff as required and they will wander over and join in if they want.
Lol we're not having a party every year. His next one will be when he starts primary school.

The party is in the park and the kids are mostly too little for games. The older ones will be up at the playground, but it's just a bit too far from the shelter for the little kids to go there unless all the adults go up there too, hence the need for entertainment for the littlies. The items I'm looking at are under $50 each, and we'll put them in Jnr's playroom for him to use before and after his party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back