Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like us all Robbo has moments where I’m inspired by what I’m seeing and then, just as quickly, suffer despair when the pre-pandemic rules of behaviour appear again. I’m a little too much ‘Barrie Cassidy‘ in this regard. He’s highly suspicious of our new found cooperation and expects the discourse and polemics of the old days will quickly re-establish once the crisis is over.

WA schools returned this week (along the lines of what the Federal Government is hoping for). Not a staggered return. A Principal of one school wrote to her community last Friday (school has 1450 students) and asked parents to keep their children at home as she could not guarantee the safety of her staff, children or parents. She made the point that it’s impossible to social distance if everyone turns up. Further to this, she was waiting on the products to clean the school at the end of each day.

As a result she was hauled over the coals (and sent a retraction to her school community on Tuesday) and then stood down from her post by the Department. So the old rules apply. No room for heroics in WA.

And then the shameful action of the Federal Government in Victoria. Offering monetary incentives to cash strapped independent schools to get around decisions made by the State Government concerning the lock down. Another example of playing politics when the focus should be on the crisis.
Have you got a cure yet. how is your fence and landscaping coming along. Stay safe

Have you got a cure yet. how is your fence and landscaping coming along. Stay safe
We sold our house and moved out in March. Still renting in Sunbury and waiting for the opportunity to get out and buy new accommodation. As for a cure? We missed that chance in May 2019.

Stay safe BATman.

Just got Jabbed (flu injection)

Is it just me or are needles far more gentler and less scary than they were as a kid ? Even up to my 30s, I had a morbid fear of them and esp blood tests.

It’s partly for that reason I will never get a tattoo, but now more than ever, it’s essential to get the flu injection.

thoughts on the gwyneth paltrow type having an orgasm whilst watching a rotisseried onion?

I actually planned to Pen an anecdote on this thread about the reasons I grew a moustache and the emotional journey behind it, but it does seem silly now that you mention it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no frog

mini-golfing-man-indoor-golf-game-3203.jpg

Haven’t got much interesting news to report today, except to say I am dying my hair Platinum Blonde in honour of my favourite vampire Spike aka William The Bloody (it’s a fantasy football league kind of thing)

I dare say I probably have far much time on my hands at the moment, but it’s nice to have bit of a laugh/fun along the way during this self-isolation time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back