Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to process Justin V Tony. Insane fight . In awe.
I missed it. Where can I see a replay of it? I caught the final round of Cowboy Cerrone and Anthony Pettis on Kayo but then the pay per view part of card started so Kayo do not show that. I looked for cracked streams as alternative but says site not there. I did see the 16 seconds of heavyweight match up. Oh my god....
16 seconds was enough to find via Fox Sports site. But the Ferguson fight I imagine is going to be hard to track down. Youtube will probably pull anything that pops up within minutes. There must be a way... Help!!!

I think Joel Selwood was extremely naive to think that his Tik Tok video wouldn’t cause the level of backlash that I did.

Especially given the rise of domestic and violence against women generally in Australia over the past decade, although it is not intentionally offensive, I can see why people would take issue with it.

People are complaining about the cancel/woke culture but there is merit as to feminists would take exception to a wife’s hair being used as a mop to clean the floor, even if she was laughing doing it.

He was right to take it down, in my opinion, that is something.

I think Joel Selwood was extremely naive to think that his Tik Tok video wouldn’t cause the level of backlash that I did.

Especially given the rise of domestic and violence against women generally in Australia over the past decade, although it is not intentionally offensive, I can see why people would take issue with it.

People are complaining about the cancel/woke culture but there is merit as to feminists would take exception to a wife’s hair being used as a mop to clean the floor, even if she was laughing doing it.

Did you ever just stop to think they were just having fun?

Did you ever just stop to think they were just having fun?

Yes, but I can also see the why many people would be upset by it.

I certainly wouldn’t have done in if i was Selwood, given his position as AFL Captain.

It wasn’t deliberately offensive just really thoughtless and tacky (and unfunny imo)

This obsessive over anaysis of everything is taking the world down a dark path. If both people involved were having fun who cares?

When we're in the middle of a pandemic and there are people organising protests so they can chant "Arrest Bill Gates" we've got bigger problems.

Whatever or whenever the season resumes, this season’s premier with always have an asterisk attached to it.
Also disappointed by no second tier-VFL footy (although understandable in the circumstances) so that pretty much rules out seeing Brodie Kemp in any on field action/game time this year.
When we win this years flag i will treat it the same as the other eight i've seen. There will be no sign of any asterisk.

This obsessive over anaysis of everything is taking the world down a dark path. If both people involved were having fun who cares?

When we're in the middle of a pandemic and there are people organising protests so they can chant "Arrest Bill Gates" we've got bigger problems.

FREE
DOM

#DomWho

All I could think about when I saw this was, imagine the outrage if people posted what they did with their partners sexually, there would be cries from all over the place, from people who don’t like it like that, or don’t even know what it is you were doing, none of which make it any less right or wrong and certainly not disrespectful.

By posting videos online, you are only asking for the masses to respond and there will always be people who get offended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but I can also see the why many people would be upset by it.

I certainly wouldn’t have done in if i was Selwood, given his position as AFL Captain.

It wasn’t deliberately offensive just really thoughtless and tacky (and unfunny imo)
It was only offensive because a man did it to a woman.

If it was the other way around we'd all be laughing.. And in awe of how strong she is

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If it was the other way around we'd all be laughing.. And in awe of how strong she is

Perhaps, but try think about it from a female/feminist point of view as a man (I assume you are a bloke)

Yes it may appear on the surface that it was just a bit of casual fun between a married couple who clearly love and respect each other, but many (and I am not one of them) could consider the video as a video that portrays (at best) the stereotypical role of a woman in a traditional relationship/marriage.

I guess other people may also take issue with the way Joel is carrying Britin that post.

No harm or offensive was intended from the couple I am sure, but at the same token, people (esp feminists of either gender) who found it offensive should be allowed to voice their dislike of the post without being denigrated as killjoys/woke/humourless cranks etc.

Isn’t it important for us (esp men) to try and listen to the reasons why humour/slapstick and seemingly good natured fun posts like this may be a cause of offence to a fairly significant portion of the Community, without being hounded down by accusations of the Fun Police/Cancel Culture etc

Absurd as it may sound, the overreaction to the overreaction is my main problem in this scenario (if that makes sense)

I had another blood test this morning, and being the idiot I am, I tried to be a ‘hero’ (in my own mind) and try go to the local nature reserve for a walk/jog, and I came close to passing out.

My former land lady gave me some stern but much needed advice to mea while ago that Many men (such as myself) are far too caviler, if not irresponsible with our health, IR we are not as strong or indestructible as we think we are.

This applies to both our mental and physical conditions FYI.

Perhaps, but try think about it from a female/feminist point of view as a man (I assume you are a bloke)

Yes it may appear on the surface that it was just a bit of casual fun between a married couple who clearly love and respect each other, but many (and I am not one of them) could consider the video as a video that portrays (at best) the stereotypical role of a woman in a traditional relationship/marriage.

I guess other people may also take issue with the way Joel is carrying Britin that post.

No harm or offensive was intended from the couple I am sure, but at the same token, people (esp feminists of either gender) who found it offensive should be allowed to voice their dislike of the post without being denigrated as killjoys/woke/humourless cranks etc.

Isn’t it important for us (esp men) to try and listen to the reasons why humour/slapstick and seemingly good natured fun posts like this may be a cause of offence to a fairly significant portion of the Community, without being hounded down by accusations of the Fun Police/Cancel Culture etc

Absurd as it may sound, the overreaction to the overreaction is my main problem in this scenario (if that makes sense)

So if Britt picked up Joel, or if it was 2 women it would be okay?

You need to stop the stereotyping, it was harmless fun

Stop searching for agendas

So if Britt picked up Joel, or if it was 2 women it would be okay?

You need to stop the stereotyping, it was harmless fun

Stop searching for agendas

I never said it was offensive to me personally, but I can understand and empathise the viewpoint and opinions of those who did.

Anyhow I have been (rightfully) accused of harping on certain topics and issues for too long, let’s agree to disagree and move on friend :)

I never said it was offensive to me personally, but I can understand and empathise the viewpoint and opinions of those who did.

Anyhow I have been (rightfully) accused of harping on certain topics and issues for too long, let’s agree to disagree and move on friend :)

Stop feigning innocence, your posturing with morality is getting tiresome

With all due respect, the only reason something like this becomes an issue is because people like yourself make it an issue.

If there was any level of bullying, harassment, violence or the like, then it should not be condoned in any way shape or form, and potentially become a police matter.

But it was a bit of fun between two consenting adults, that the PC police were all over like a cheap suit....only because they can. And if the tables were turned with his partner using him as a mop, then we'd all be laughing our arses off....probably including the feminists of the world, although they really shouldn't. Because that's just politically incorrect...isn't it?

you really don't understand the gendered nature of family violence and never have - the bad news is there are still people like yourself making commentary from a place of utter ignorance - if there is any good news it is that there are fewer of you as more courageous, educated males step up to the learning...

Some much needed happy news

Vile, toxic man is Alan Jones, can run an endless list of all the shameful and disgraceful acts he has done.

I never watched much of Sky news before but during this Covid crap - Rowan Dean : tool1 Andrew Bolt tool 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back