News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaked by the same person who leaked Advanced Warfare.

Does that mean it's a good source? Sorry, I have no idea, I just saw it posted in a few places but was a little dubious as it kind of looks like a scene from Saving Private Ryan made to look like the cover from the first two CoD games. No matter what they do to try and salvage this series they will never recapture the charm of the originals anyway. Will be just Thommy/MP44/PPSH spam and the original IW team are long gone. #bringbackthebolts #kar98forlife

It will never be the same even if they go back to their roots. As the CoD4 remaster showed, it's the community that is the series' biggest problem.

That and other shooters do what COD was trying to do but better (Titanfall 2).

It will never be the same even if they go back to their roots. As the CoD4 remaster showed, it's the community that is the series' biggest problem.
I disagree, I thought the main problem with the remaster was the halved server refresh speed, and now on the money-grabbing add-ons.

Maybe the nostalgia for COD 4 is different (I didn't play it until 2012), but I know that by MW2/3 the community were all trying to exploit the game to its utmost, so I guess I don't get the community argument.

Part of the reason why COD4 enjoyed such great success was that it was an innovative title within the FPS space. The only way to replicate that success is for the series to innovate in a manner that makes the series a leader rather than just another FPS series. There is, quite simply, diminishing returns to big set pieces delivered in a similar manner game after game. As well as diminishing returns to delivering a very similar MP experience every 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just about to post this. The original would easily be in my top 5 favorite games. Hope they don't stuff it up.

KotOR 1 and 2 along with Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights are easily in my 'greatest of all time' list. Classic BioWare, up there with the early Black Isle stuff as some of the greatest RPGs ever made and never matched since.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...e/news-story/7819d4465c151013203f9142a4ed3e56

THE Japanese gaming giant Nintendo is planning to release a new version of its much loved SNES gaming console.

The Sun reports details of the new SNES leaked last night just days after Nintendo discontinued the NES Classic Mini, a shrunk-down version of its first ever smash hit system.

The firm declined to give details of the games which will available on its new console, although it’s a reasonable bet that Mario is bound to feature in some way — and that the system itself will be teeny-tiny.

Gonna have to actually pre order this one. Was lucky enough to get the NES in the last JB shipment, no chance in hell I am missing this bad boy.

You will be the first I destroy.

You will be the first I destroy.
tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back