News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

People, I need help. Well, not in that way. Ok, well maybe a little in that way. Ahh who am I kidding, I probably need a lot.

Anyway....

What I mean is, I need your help in finding a new game to play.

I'm sick and tired of those story-driven games. Wild big open worlds that take 500 hours to explore. Where you sit thru cinematic cut scenes for 30 minutes. Where you have to constantly check maps and inventory. Where you craft tools, collect items to upgrade your weapons and health, etc.

I flick thru a lot of video gameplay on youtube to assess whether a game would interest me, even games that aren't story-driven, and I just can't find anything that interests anymore :(

Like, I am pumped for The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, and Battlefield V. Which are games that are story-driven and/or wild big open worlds. I dunno about No Man's Sky or other similar space games. But they seem like ones I'd still be interested to play.

I went thru a phase of loving those 2D platform puzzle games. Limbo+Inside, Little Nightmares, Unravel. But I'm over that now.

I am investigating perhaps 2D fighter games now. I bought Mortal Kombat XL and that's kinda got me interested, but I hate the over the top unrealistic nature of MK and such games. And the heavy amount of downloadable content always. Maybe Dead or Alive 4 will be up my alley?

I basically want a game that you simply load up, and get right into it, all user input on your controller, no cut scenes and stories, but not button-mashing either. Something that requires you to think, but is more simple in nature (2D, 3D, open world or not), not heavy with inventory/maps/weapons upgrades. Don't mind a linear story.

I also hate that many games have zombies and monsters in them. It's so unrealistic and done to death. Tho there are some great THEMATIC games that interest, like State of Decay or Fallout or Quantum Break, The Evil Within 2, Outlast 2, where the concept of the game is interesting and well-done. But I think actual game-play is what I'm driven for.

I dunno, maybe a sports game? But it doesn't have to be a real world sport. Could be a made up sport. Maybe a 2D fighting game? Heard great things about Injustice 2, but again seems over the top. Maybe UFC2 or UFC3? I wish there was a 2D fighting game that was say completely UFC or at least humans fighting with various martial arts or real world weapons. Maybe some other kind of game I've yet to know about.

H E L P

Than you young man, I will investigate further

More people welcome to suggest.

Total blank from me but now that The Big Sauce mentioned Ori and Rocket League I second them. Ori and the Blind Forest is an absolute gem, and Rocket League is perfect when you want to kill some time. I'm doing study as well work these days so some nights I can't fit in huge sessions but I found Rocket League is great to wind down for 15-20mins before bed.

Total blank from me but now that The Big Sauce mentioned Ori and Rocket League I second them. Ori and the Blind Forest is an absolute gem, and Rocket League is perfect when you want to kill some time. I'm doing study as well work these days so some nights I can't fit in huge sessions but I found Rocket League is great to wind down for 15-20mins before bed.
Thanks for the second vote of confidence

You’re the one that said it would be awesome.

I like their characters really their only options are to follow one of the aforementioned or go back and tell the story of a random witcher.

People, I need help. Well, not in that way. Ok, well maybe a little in that way. Ahh who am I kidding, I probably need a lot.

Anyway....

I'm sick and tired of those story-driven games. Wild big open worlds that take 500 hours to explore. Where you sit thru cinematic cut scenes for 30 minutes. Where you have to constantly check maps and inventory. Where you craft tools, collect items to upgrade your weapons and health, etc.

I flick thru a lot of video gameplay on youtube to assess whether a game would interest me, even games that aren't story-driven, and I just can't find anything that interests anymore :(

Like, I am pumped for The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, and Battlefield V. Which are games that are story-driven and/or wild big open worlds. I dunno about No Man's Sky or other similar space games. But they seem like ones I'd still be interested to play.

I went thru a phase of loving those 2D platform puzzle games. Limbo+Inside, Little Nightmares, Unravel. But I'm over that now.

I am investigating perhaps 2D fighter games now. I bought Mortal Kombat XL and that's kinda got me interested, but I hate the over the top unrealistic nature of MK and such games. And the heavy amount of downloadable content always. Maybe Dead or Alive 4 will be up my alley?

I basically want a game that you simply load up, and get right into it, all user input on your controller, no cut scenes and stories, but not button-mashing either. Something that requires you to think, but is more simple in nature (2D, 3D, open world or not), not heavy with inventory/maps/weapons upgrades. Don't mind a linear story.

I also hate that many games have zombies and monsters in them. It's so unrealistic and done to death. Tho there are some great THEMATIC games that interest, like State of Decay or Fallout or Quantum Break, The Evil Within 2, Outlast 2, where the concept of the game is interesting and well-done. But I think actual game-play is what I'm driven for.

I dunno, maybe a sports game? But it doesn't have to be a real world sport. Could be a made up sport. Maybe a 2D fighting game? Heard great things about Injustice 2, but again seems over the top. Maybe UFC2 or UFC3? I wish there was a 2D fighting game that was say completely UFC or at least humans fighting with various martial arts or real world weapons. Maybe some other kind of game I've yet to know about.

H E L P

Play as Ryu or Snake in Smash Bros

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For made-up sports you could try Rocket League.

I saw you listing a bunch of 2D platformers and none of them were Ori and the Blind Forest which I enjoyed more than those that you listed.

I bought this on your recommendation.

Amazing Game

Recommend to anyone and everyone

Anyway....

I went thru a phase of loving those 2D platform games
H E L P

Try Hue (yes thats actually what its called)
Its essentially a 2D platformer that requires the player to solve level based puzzles that due to progression within the game inevitably get harder.

Using colours to solve maze puzzles (how to get from point A to B, collect X object and find a path to the finish)
It borrows some aspects of its gameing mechanics from Super Mario (then again, how many side scrolling platformers havtn borrow from Mario)

The story is simple, Reccomend. It was free on PS Plus, thats how i found it

I've lost my passion for gaming. Stupid FT job and working all sorts of crazy hours.

How do I get the love back?
I have games sitting next to the PS4 still in plastic

I've lost my passion for gaming. Stupid FT job and working all sorts of crazy hours.

This happens to me sometimes, though never for long. I go through brief periods where there is nothing I want to play and instead I end up watching heaps of gaming stuff on YouTube and I find I return.

Smoke a cone and turn the PS4 on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back