News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely tragic. I don't understand how it's happened.

To have so many licenses and products to work on, but seemingly not enough sales coming from them.

Absolutely shattered that I'll never see a Wolf Among Us 2 or the Stranger Things series they were going to bring out.

This is a very sad day for the dev scene.
Not really, I don't like to dance on the grave of people losing their job but Telltale were a s**t developer that release broken and half finished games, refused to put resources into improving their game and opted to get ip's that would sell them self, their games story always narrowed down to the same ending, they treated their staff like s**t, attacks fans for negative feedback. They wont be missed.

It's moot though, if you still own the discs you most likely still own the old console so you don't the system to be backwards compatible. If you don't you have to buy the disc/digital which is the same as what Playstation and lesser extant Nintendo offer. One of the most worthless features.
Yeah sure ive got my consoles but no way im hauling them out and getting them set up.:rolleyes:

Aside from the convenience factor you've got the better graphical display (HDMI vs AV component and some even have X enhancements); use of your high-quality accessories (eg higher-quality controller and headset) and better access to services and features such as messaging/part chat/Game DVR.

To say its something I wouldn't use is one thing- to say it a 'worthless feature' is so mindboggling ridiculous I honestly cant even...:$

I know it will never happen, but I never understood why the suits in this situation don’t liquidate all the IP they have in order to pay creditors.

Surely there’d be shitty studios willing to pick up the WAU or Borderlands licence on the cheap. Helps everyone right?

*shrugs*. Sure there’s a financial reason it doesn’t work somewhere.

I'm just catching up with this telltale news. That bloody sucks, especially half way through the Walking Dead finale. One of my favourite devs, Tales from the Borderlands was unbelievable.

I'm just catching up with this telltale news. That bloody sucks, especially half way through the Walking Dead finale. One of my favourite devs, Tales from the Borderlands was unbelievable.

Tales of the Borderlands was a better game - and a better Borderlands game - than the last Borderlands.

Not to be disrespectful to anyone losing their job but I guess that can happen when you keep putting out the same game and people were only buying the choose your own adventure if they were a fan of the source IP.

Yeah and fixing their engine might have helped. How it still ran as bad 6 years later on ps4 as it did on ps3 is mind boggling.

Sad for the employees of Telltale that lost their jobs. Never seen it coming to be honest, I thought they would have been doing ok for themselves. Maybe their games weren't as popular as I thought.

This. I kinda assumed they were bigger than they were too just due to all the big IP they were getting, the numbers tell a different story;

https://anz.alienwarearena.com/ucf/...wa-on-topic/ForumPost/graph-of-telltale-sales

Only steam numbers so not the whole story but think you can extrapolate that Walking Dead Season 1 was their only bona fide hit, and that the last few years have been nothing short of catastrophic. Backed up by trophy data on playstation -> http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/09/player_data_paints_damning_picture_of_telltales_efforts

I know it will never happen, but I never understood why the suits in this situation don’t liquidate all the IP they have in order to pay creditors.

Surely there’d be shitty studios willing to pick up the WAU or Borderlands licence on the cheap. Helps everyone right?

*shrugs*. Sure there’s a financial reason it doesn’t work somewhere.

In Telltales case they have nothing to liquidate, they don't own any of the IP they've worked on as far as I know.

Yeah and fixing their engine might have helped. How it still ran as bad 6 years later on ps4 as it did on ps3 is mind boggling.

Why they used their own proprietary engine is beyond me. I was going to say give me a competent artist and I reckon I could knock up a (significantly smaller) Telltale game in Unity. Then I found this. Their engine was 15 years old and they were switching to Unity anyway. Obviously it wouldn't have been the exact engine and would have had updates for each architecture, but it was so unnecessary for their sort of games. Just another overhead they didn't need.

https://au.ign.com/articles/2018/06/25/telltale-is-reportedly-ditching-its-nearly-15-year-old-engine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it is their stuff...

Yeah but Are they then going after all Sites and Everyone who has Roms?

Plus some of there Stuff they have not Re-Released for over 20 Years and some of there Games sell for 100's of Dollars on the 2nd Hand Market(Nintendo not getting that Money anyway)

Kudos to Nintendo, they deserve royalties.

Even for Games they done nothing for since the NES/SNES Era?

They should they Sue EBAY and other 2nd Hand Sales then as well as Nintendo are not getting Money from those Sales?

Even for Games they done nothing for since the NES/SNES Era?

They should they Sue EBAY and other 2nd Hand Sales then as well as Nintendo are not getting Money from those Sales?

Class action lawsuit you reckon?

Class action lawsuit you reckon?

Well you can say places like EBAY and Cash Conveters is costing Nintendo Money as them selling there Games(2nd Hand) means that money does not go to Nintendo

Well you can say places like EBAY and Cash Conveters is costing Nintendo Money as them selling there Games(2nd Hand) means that money does not go to Nintendo

It's not quite the same thing though as Nintendo already received revenue for those sales.

It's not quite the same thing though as Nintendo already received revenue for those sales.

How?

I thought when Re-Selling Games money would only go to the Person Selling the Game

How?

I thought when Re-Selling Games money would only go to the Person Selling the Game

They already received revenue from the original sale, at the end of the day the guilty party admitted fault and agreed a heavy fine (mainly as a means to deter copycats).

They already received revenue from the original sale, at the end of the day the guilty party admitted fault and agreed a heavy fine (mainly as a means to deter copycats).

Yeah 20-25 Years ago.

only with Money part there is no Difference then Downloading a Rom or Going to 2nd Hand Place to Buy the Game. Nintendo gets no Money(They got it when it was Out in Stores)

They already had some Sites that been Taken Down or got rid of there Nintendo Games because of this Case

Yeah 20-25 Years ago.

only with Money part there is no Difference then Downloading a Rom or Going to 2nd Hand Place to Buy the Game. Nintendo gets no Money(They got it when it was Out in Stores)

They already had some Sites that been Taken Down or got rid of there Nintendo Games because of this Case

Yes so the system works for Nintendo. At the end of the day with the mini machines they obviously see a new revenue stream, so they must have plans to release more moving forward.

Yes so the system works for Nintendo. At the end of the day with the mini machines they obviously see a new revenue stream, so they must have plans to release more moving forward.

and Make you pay for something you might of Done 3 or 4 Times Already.

Thru stuff like Vitrual Console's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back