News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't really want to create a thread just for this - i just got an email welcoming me to origin monthly subscription. My password is pretty secure and I have 2FA on the account so don't think I have been compromised...Are EA just giving away a free month for some reason?

Didn't really want to create a thread just for this - i just got an email welcoming me to origin monthly subscription. My password is pretty secure and I have 2FA on the account so don't think I have been compromised...Are EA just giving away a free month for some reason?

Odd. If it was for Origin you should be able to boot it up and it should say on the launcher your level of subscription (access or premier) if they've done that.

20191120_202727.jpg

Odd. If it was for Origin you should be able to boot it up and it should say on the launcher your level of subscription (access or premier) if they've done that.

View attachment 782218
I dont even think I've used it on pc. Purely on Ps4. I'll download the launcher and take a look I guess.

That could be it. I don't recall doing that but that doesn't mean I didn't. Cheers.

You said you have 2fa, the article says anyone who already had it on got the month as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EB are closing down stores and creating EB + Zing hybrid stores.

This was always going to happen. They couldn't stay competitive with the department stores who can consistently sell games for less than RRP and make up the losses in other areas like JB do.

EB are closing down stores and creating EB + Zing hybrid stores.

This was always going to happen. They couldn't stay competitive with the department stores who can consistently sell games for less than RRP and make up the losses in other areas like JB do.

Knowing a lot of people that work or have worked at EB, most of their profits come from selling toys etc and pre-owned games.

I couldn't imagine anyone not price matching JB if buying at EB.

Knowing a lot of people that work or have worked at EB, most of their profits come from selling toys etc and pre-owned games.

I couldn't imagine anyone not price matching JB if buying at EB.

Doing the math and it's pretty clear that they make a lot from pre owned. Even that would be getting harder these days when you can get a new release for $69, and a recent release for ~$50. Once they price match they're only making about ~$10 per game. For someone like JB this isn't as big of a deal when they're moving so many things like TVs, laptops, phones, and these days white goods. A lot of people shop online too now so why even bother going to EB day one to price match when you can just purchase online for cheaper and have it delivered.

This probably isn't exclusive to EB though and more speciality stores in general.

It'll grow for a long, long time yet as the next generation or two continues to stay inside most of the time.

3 was the end of geralt's story

Can move forwards with ciri or do prequels or spin offs

2 things I disliked about W3 - Gwent and the boring ass Ciri plotline and sections

Need Geralt in W4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back