News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

And I know that if a song is played on low volume with someone speaking over it that completely deters me from buying that song because I've already heard it. Don't really understand the logic behind how the law is applied.

Saw this on gaf and it made me laugh.

jnzitw.gif

One HD re-release I would love to see is Bioshock Infinite. With all these HD re-releases of everything, why the hell isn't Assassin's Creed Rogue and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel getting next-gen releases?

BioShock Infinite on PC makes me ejaculate. Sa bootiful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve just received word that the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is suing Valve over its refund policy, which it claims is operating in breach of the Australian Consumer Law.

The issue, it appears, centres around its refund policy. Valve apparently does not provide refunds of any kind and the ACCC is taking issue with this, considering it goes directly against Australian consumer law.

The ACCC alleges that Valve made false or misleading representations to Australian customers of Steam that:
- consumers were not entitled to a refund for any games sold by Valve via Steam in any circumstances;
- Valve had excluded, restricted or modified statutory guarantees and/or warranties that goods would be of acceptable quality;
- Valve was not under any obligation to repair, replace or provide a refund for a game where the consumer had not contacted and attempted to resolve the problem with the computer game developer; and the statutory consumer guarantees did not apply to games sold by Valve.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/08/the-accc-is-suing-valve/

This morning the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission announced that it would be suing Valve over its refund policy, as it allegedly goes against Australian consumer law. According to Doug Lombardi of Valve, it plans to co-operate fully.

“We are making every effort to cooperate with the Australian officials on this matter,” said Doug Lombardi, “while continuing to provide Steam services to our customers across the world, including Australian gamers.”

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/08/valve-responds-to-being-sued-by-the-accc/

About ******* time. Steam should be like Amazon -- when you buy a book on Amazon kindle and a few chapters in you dont like the book, there is a button called refund which refunds you the purchase. Steam should be the same, if your a level or so into the game you should be given the option for a refund.

Watching all the Americans go ape s**t on PC Gamer website on the news article is gold though.

Am I one of the few people who actually liked both Saints Row 2 and 3? Haven't played the fourth one yet.
I'm playing #2. The game mechanics are nice. The bugs are weird. I managed to glitch through a wall, then got a car stuck on a wall like a failed four-wheel Spiderman.

Am I one of the few people who actually liked both Saints Row 2 and 3? Haven't played the fourth one yet.
I wouldn't if I were you. They basically took Saints Row 3, added superpowers, and then took everything even vaguely funny out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back