News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

It'd wanna come out on next gen, or else...

4593531893_f67a757fa1.jpg

Surprised that I struggled to find this topic again.

As a fan of the Valkyria Chronicles (and eff you for not localising #3 Sega, you shits), I was pleasantly surprised to read that the first game is the current #1 on the Steam sales charts. Made me smile.

But Christ, I should have started from #1 and made my way through the series from there. It is a massive backspace in mechanics that I still struggle to adapt to.

Are 12 hour embargo's really that bad?

I mean, it won't affect those who pre-order the game, because they'll get it even if there is a 24 - 48 hour review before the game is released (unless they use that review to cancel the pre-order).

Are there really an influx of people who are buying the game from 0 - 12 hours after the release of a game?

I don't really get it as I'm not someone that pre-orders games, and certainly not one who would buy a game without watching at least 1 review of it.

Listening to a podcast. Nintendo are working on their new console.

No surprise. Getting the bad feeling it will have as bad a time as the Wii-U though.

New Wii U? :p

But seriously, everyone would already be looking at their next console. Even if it is 6 or more years away for Microsoft/Sony.

New Wii U? :p

But seriously, everyone would already be looking at their next console. Even if it is 6 or more years away for Microsoft/Sony.
First time I heard an official statement from Miyamoto-san, though. (... sorry)

Apparently he likens Mario to a fictional actor ... which makes sense.

First time I heard an official statement from Miyamoto-san, though. (... sorry)

Apparently he likens Mario to a fictional actor ... which makes sense.

Oh I wasn't trying to be facetious. You're probably right in that it was the first official statement.

I tend to think that work on the next console would begin in the aftermath of the old console's debut. Even if it is in a very small form.

Oh I wasn't trying to be facetious. You're probably right in that it was the first official statement.

I tend to think that work on the next console would begin in the aftermath of the old console's debut. Even if it is in a very small form.
The podcast I listened to had a discussion about that. Something about the next instalment entering its research and exploration phase after a few months of the current console's release. Very much an endless cycle.

One thing I found funny was learning that NoJ not having much to do with NoA. Compare with Sony who does a lot with its American equivalent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably handy for a lounge room gamer wanting to get into PC gaming. Inexpensive and the alienware tag will suck some people in but still way better bang for buck to spend a tiny bit more and build your own beasty Steam box. Then get a computer savvy friend to set it up to boot straight to Steam big picture. I'm pretty sure places like scorptec and pccg can build steam boxes ready to plug in and play on request too.

Probably handy for a lounge room gamer wanting to get into PC gaming. Inexpensive and the alienware tag will suck some people in but still way better bang for buck to spend a tiny bit more and build your own beasty Steam box. Then get a computer savvy friend to set it up to boot straight to Steam big picture. I'm pretty sure places like scorptec and pccg can build steam boxes ready to plug in and play on request too.

Yeah I wouldn't mind doing PC gaming as long as I didn't have to use a PC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back