News General gaming stuff, random news etc

May 6, 2008
Playing in traffic
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville West Torrens
https://au.ign.com/articles/2018/11...n-sega-and-nintendo-gets-legendary-adaptation

Excited for this.

Was a massive Sega fan the amount of aruguments and trash talking I did with Nintendo fans on which console is better in primary school were some of the best video game years of my life.

Sega does what NINTENDONT hahaha

I like the idea, but being an American show i will absolutely hate hearing the Mega Drive called the Genesis over and over. Plus i bet they won't mention Sega had 8 bit success in Europe and South America and is still an arcade juggernaut in Japan.

They will most likely be "the new kid on the block" trying to take down the established Nintendo.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Good little video of BigAntStudios and how they go about making games.

Great watch. Would be nice if the government could tip some money in to help them make a hit that every sports fan in the country could get behind. Like Ross says, the passion is there and they admit they can only achieve 80% of the product considering the budget. With a bit of extra cash they could employ some more people on decent wages. Currently you can walk into a front end web dev job for an extra 50% than what you would get walking into a game programmer's job (no idea what Big Ant or even Wicked Witch staff are on, just generalising from what mates who do it for other companies have told me). Passion is great, but you have to pay the bills. The Australian government needs to grow up and recognise that gaming is as big a media as TV and movies. Only need to look at Poland with CDPR and The Witcher.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

source.gif

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Would say Mortal Kombat (first one) with Resident Evil a close 2nd.

I used to think the same about Mortal Kombat until I went back to watch it a couple years ago. Total cringe fest that I didn't last 30 minutes lol. +1 on the first Resident Evil too!

I might just be a tragic but I thought the Warcraft movie was pretty decent even if a bit cheesy

I used to think the same about Mortal Kombat until I went back to watch it a couple years ago. Total cringe fest that I didn't last 30 minutes lol. +1 on the first Resident Evil too!

I might just be a tragic but I thought the Warcraft movie was pretty decent even if a bit cheesy
Warcraft suuuuucked

Funny how a world can have so much history and hollywood can serve up, that

Back