News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Can't see them getting anywhere near Chris Pratt for this movie. He seems to only do big blockbusters now and this looks every bit a C grade movie. Dwayne Johnson would do it though, he will "act" in anything.

Shut your mouth, jabroni.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Just got scammed on ebay buying 2k19. Terrific.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
What Happened?
Ordered it about 3 weeks ago and didn't think anything was wrong because he left a tracking number which said estimated delivery date 24th of December (though I did think this was pretty long but hey it's Xmas time)

So today it hasn't come and I check the delivery with Aus post and it's still in pending status. Weird. Then I send him a message and check his feedback and there's like the last 16 feedbacks saying 'no reply/scammer etc). So I know I've been scammed :poo:

But I paid with Paypal so I should be covered anyway, buyers get all the protection. But ebay shouldn't be allowing this tool to still operate.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
y u eviscerate me on xmas eve :(

Gralin is just building his combo points

eviscerate.PNG

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone played much Elex?

I dont often play my PS4 but I had some leave and felt like getting into something new, so I picked this up s/h at EB and it's hard af! I'd never heard of it before and pretty much picked it up by the looks of it - I loved Witcher 3 and this is very similar in parts but seemingly with less guidance or instruction and more being 1-hitted and waiting for last save game loads. :huh:

May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
Bungie Splits With Activision, Keeps Destiny

Bungie and Activision are splitting up, an industry-shaking divorce that will see Destinyenter fully into Bungie’s control.

This development comes after years of tension between the two companies—tension that has existed since before the first Destiny even shipped. Bungie told employees during a team meeting this afternoon, framing it as fantastic news for a studio that has long grown sick of dealing with its publisher.

“We have enjoyed a successful eight-year run and would like to thank Activision for their partnership on Destiny,” Bungie said in a blog post today. “Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects.”
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/01/bungie-splits-with-activision-keeps-destiny/

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
FINALLY:thumbsu:.

Although we knew that selling your soul to the devil was a bad idea when it was first announced; its better late than never. Hopefully, now we can start powering up the D3 hype train.
We'll see what happens. There's some significant evidence out there indicating that Bungie is at least part of the problem independent of Activision. For example:
"What Bungie decided was: ‘we can’t do this any more. This is just too much, this is too hard for us to do – the tools that we work with are really hard to deal with. It’s hard for us to make this much content. It’s just hard making content in general.’ And they said ‘we are going to do a drip feed of smaller stuff, and we’re going to put up the Eververse, sell microtransactions, and make money that way.’ And Activision said ‘okay’ – it was a part of their renegotiated deal – and they got to a point where they didn’t have to be cranking out as much content. And now they’re back to the same pattern, where they have to crank out these DLCs and just be making content constantly.”
https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/destiny-2-reboot-jason-schreier

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I get the impression D3 will make or break Bungie if they self publish and there won’t be any middle ground. It’s such a massive undertaking and there is no more hype to milk. Fantastic that they will have all creative control back but as Dan mentioned much of the fault was very much their own doing.

Will still follow with interest.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I’ve recommend this YouTube playlist before. It’s by Ars Technica and it documents struggles that some games went through during development. It was a while ago that I recommended it when they only had three videos and it seemed like that was it, but I just noticed a new one about Dead Space and saw they have made another five. They’re really worth it for anyone with an interest in game development.

Glen Schofield refers to their solution as ‘layered’ which is generally described as Test Driven Development in software and is the major tenant of the Agile development methodology. It is when you only build a piece at a time and then test. It makes you wonder how many other AAA games hack everything together at once and can’t find the bug or just don’t know and ship the game then scramble for a post launch patch.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
Jesus christ take Star Wars away from EA.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/01/ea-cancels-open-worldstar-wars-game/

EA Cancels Open-World Star Wars Game

Electronic Arts has canceled its open-world Star Wars game, according to three people familiar with goings-on at the company. The game, announced alongside the shutdown of Visceral Games back in 2017, had been in development at EA’s large office in Vancouver.

Back