News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

brace-yourselves-steam-summer-sales-coming-meme-generator-net-8011991.png

Man, if this is true, it will be GOAT for me. ******* hell. Trying not to get excited but *.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go and ban pr0n, violent movies, 50 shades of gray, those shitty smut reality shows on MTV etc then. These things have ratings that restrict them to adults, and adults make decisions on whether those things are for them. Adults also know the difference between fantasy and reality. Retailers have a responsibility not to sell adult content to minors and that's the place I'd start.

I don't get it, the games have been out for more than a year?

Both games just released DLC which are also reviewed.

The whole thing is a ******* joke.

The most likely cause of the RC rating is a scene about two hours into A Woman's Lot, where soldiers begin raiding the town before pushing Theresa against a wall and proceeding to assault her. One soldier then attempts to rape Theresa, before getting an arrow in the back. I couldn't confirm how the sequence plays out if you fail the stealth segments, but the intent in the cut scene is pretty implicit.

Umm, almost the exact same thing happened in the second last episode of GoT (except it was Jon Snow with a sword in the back of a soldier instead of a random arrow), and afaik nobody made a big deal about that, and it certainly wasn't banned

And another (although its not actually a game that has been announced yet)

Umm, almost the exact same thing happened in the second last episode of GoT (except it was Jon Snow with a sword in the back of a soldier instead of a random arrow), and afaik nobody made a big deal about that, and it certainly wasn't banned

For some reason film and TV is graded differently when a part of the overhaul when we got R18+* was to classify them by the same criteria. It's not happening. Walk into JB hi-fi and good chance you'll find Irreversible on the shelf. I started watching this at a friend's house years ago and I couldn't make it the whole way through. It was violent, disgusting, and I wanted to vomit. Total hypocrisy from the classification board and it needs to be addressed ASAP.

*We didn't really get it.

Are games still having trouble in Australia because of that one guy in South Australia? Was a number of years since I read about it, but his reasoning didn't sound based in logic and facts, but rather just a personal vendetta.

I haven't bothered to look but think he's still on the board. The over arching view of the board is still that games are for children, so they can't get their head around adult content. The biggest problem is the wording of what qualifies as being Refused Classification. Anything to do with sexual assault is an automatic nope (even if it's contextual, except they claim to allow stuff if it's in context... go figure), so is game enhancing benefits from drugs. We had a NSW Senator (Leyonhjelm) in our court for a while but he's been run out of office.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back