News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I really want a new South Park RPG from Obsidian too. They need to get cracking on these sequels.

No mention on if they'll get the AFL license back and if so, would they allow short socks on players.

Tru Blu have the license I believe so this wouldn't really affect anything. If anything I would have thought it would make it more unlikely for a niche product for an international publisher.

Interesting news. This bit sounds good to me, hope it comes true.

“Nacon pitched the acquisition as an extension of that positive approach to partnering that our two companies have enjoyed so far, and that they would support our vision to transition to AAA and become one of the world’s leading sports games developers, all while allowing Big Ant to remain autonomous but being able to lean on the resources that Nacon can provide,” Symons told Kotaku Australia.

The deal will help Big Ant “tackle new sports properties and expand the scope of the licensors that we work with,” according to Symons.

Just sounds like typical PR speak. At the end of the day, a sports game will only be as big as its market. Cricket has a lot of potential growth but the AFL license will probably stay the same.

Yeah an AFL game doesn't even reach all of the AFL fans in Australia and not sure it translates to gamers who don't follow the sport.

Its a small market sport that doesn't easily translate to a game

Not strictly gaming related, but useful if you were thinking of spending a bit of dough at Target or the like. Perhaps a new DS5

040221-Zip-LP-Banner-Desktop.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just realised that game is not called Ninja Garden.

Lol, funny you should say that. About 10 years ago my brother in law said I would like Ninja Gaiden. The back and forth went something like that with me saying “Ninja Garden?“ about 6 times and him having to explain that it is “Gaiden”. In the end I had to see it spelt out on Google.

Last edited:
Is Gran Turismo even a top 5 racing series anymore?

It used to be my favourite series, period, on the PS2 but I would definitely have Forza Horizon and Forza miles and miles ahead in the last 10 years. I haven't gone in depth with Grid, Dirt, Project Cars, Assetto or any others recently but GT6 was pretty s**t. Felt ancient in a lot of ways.

Is Gran Turismo even a top 5 racing series anymore?

It used to be my favourite series, period, on the PS2 but I would definitely have Forza Horizon and Forza miles and miles ahead in the last 10 years. I haven't gone in depth with Grid, Dirt, Project Cars, Assetto or any others recently but GT6 was pretty sh*t. Felt ancient in a lot of ways.

The only racing games I have ever played are GT 4, 5 and 6. I am not a big racing gamer, so haven’t really looked into what others were like. I guess I am a fan of the vast amount of cars GT games have and the career modes in those games but happy to try a different racing option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back