News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it won't do anything but Disco Elysium Final Cut being refused classification in Aus has made me melt enough that I'm gonna send in a letter to those classification board campaigners and any relevant pollies to update the ratings guidelines so adults can ******* play adult games in Australia

I know it won't do anything but Disco Elysium Final Cut being refused classification in Aus has made me melt enough that I'm gonna send in a letter to those classification board campaigners and any relevant pollies to update the ratings guidelines so adults can ******* play adult games in Australia

Haha, I sent them some rambling email last night. Such a huge blow, was my most anticipated game of the year.

You can play a ton of games with alcohol and drugs that will effect your combat. From what I can tell, Disco Elysium doesn't even feature combat. What's the issue here. Not to mention all the propagandist military shooters and gambling riddled sports games that are aimed at children. Cyberpunk literally just came out with a genitals slider.

Such a silly country.

Why has the complete edition thingy been refused classification? The original had no issue. What's the point of an R18+ rating if adults are still going to be treated like children.

Kotaku says its because the original, as a PC game distributed on Steam, was never actually submitted for review while the Final Cut was because its a console game too

Kotaku says its because the original, as a PC game distributed on Steam, was never actually submitted for review while the Final Cut was because its a console game too

I could have sworn it was already out on Switch and PS4 but just looking it up now I didn't realise it kept getting pushed back.

I wonder what's in the extra content? Besides the obviously mature themes I can't think of anything in the original that could warrant it getting refused. None of the alcohol, drug or sexual themes are for gain, in fact the main character is pretty ****ed up.

Anyone heard about these? Saw it in an email from EB, seems like a mix of being a portable PC and virtual console for retro games?

Not sure what market they're trying to catch here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see what I can only assume is the formal death of Giant Bomb with 3 core/founding members leaving today.

Not that I follow gaming media, but its been a long time since I have seen Giant Bomb mentioned. I had assumed they already died.

They had been trending down for a few years but the core was still there. Now its gone so hard to see how they continue.

Worth mentioning just because I consider them one of the pioneers in gaming media and entertainment from that early youtube era.

I hardly even see them pop up in Google searches when I'm looking for thing. Definitely been a decline in many of them for a while now though with the rise of YouTube and even platforms like Twitch as any nuff can do it now. I was a subscriber to the official Australian PS mag for years until the local licensing wasn't renewed and it just became a reprint of the UK mag. Many don't have the attention span to read articles anymore, it's easier to jump watch a video or a stream to get Joe Blow's hot take even though he's only been playing games for 5 minutes. Publishers are happy to give them early codes too because it's free promo.

Sad to see what I can only assume is the formal death of Giant Bomb with 3 core/founding members leaving today.
They really pioneered the gaming video media landscape that we now have. Going for long play, unedited looks at new games with talking over the top. Also not really doing 'written articles' and having basically everything be video content/articles. There really wasn't anyone else doing that at the time, now the problem is, everyone does it.

Content wise, they really haven't dropped the quality much at all. Vinny is still as funny as ever and everything he does is always a must watch.

It's been hard to keep up with the content more recently, but prior to having a full time job this was the best insight into the industry and absolutely made me assured of what I wanted to do as a job.

The site obviously isn't 'dead, dead' but without those 3 it certainly is going to lose the original flavour it had, and unfortunately there's been a lot of drop off of good talent along the way too.

I'll also never forget how excited I was to see stuff I'd worked on get a quick look. The DBC14 vid is still one of the best on the site imo.

They really pioneered the gaming video media landscape that we now have. Going for long play, unedited looks at new games with talking over the top. Also not really doing 'written articles' and having basically everything be video content/articles. There really wasn't anyone else doing that at the time, now the problem is, everyone does it.

Content wise, they really haven't dropped the quality much at all. Vinny is still as funny as ever and everything he does is always a must watch.

It's been hard to keep up with the content more recently, but prior to having a full time job this was the best insight into the industry and absolutely made me assured of what I wanted to do as a job.

The site obviously isn't 'dead, dead' but without those 3 it certainly is going to lose the original flavour it had, and unfortunately there's been a lot of drop off of good talent along the way too.

I'll also never forget how excited I was to see stuff I'd worked on get a quick look. The DBC14 vid is still one of the best on the site imo.

GB East was one of my go to entertainment channels for years. Just sucks having like 6 people leave in only 18 months or so

GB East was one of my go to entertainment channels for years. Just sucks having like 6 people leave in only 18 months or so
I mean, those 3 going is effectively its death as anything resembling what it was. I'm wondering if they walked because they were told of a new direction it was heading and didn't want to be a part of it. Probably not a bad idea to make changes given they'd slipped badly into complacency, stagnation and irrelevancy for years, but it seems likely that this is a big red flag for its impending overall death whereas signs would have been a little more positive had those 3 not walked jumped off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back