Remove this Banner Ad

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
Does anyone know which goal this statue was modelled off?

IMG_9140.jpg

IMG_9141.jpg

When I first saw it, I immediately thought of his goal against Essendon at the G in 94. The snap from the boundary but it doesn't look the same after checking the video.

It is definitely 1994 season.
It could possibly be from round 20 v North Melbourne (Princess Park) opening term where he centers the ball to Brownless in the square.
The FORD logo on back of guernsey does not look like it is present in the photo, but it is there.

001000.jpg
001001.jpg
001002.jpg

Awesome effort, catscollector! Thank you. I was fairly certain it was from '94, as I went to every Cats game in Victoria that year and with watching Cool Cats, Classy Cats, One Special Season and That Was The Season That Was dozens of times, I was certain it was at least 93-95.

I'd say there's a fair chance it's a composite of a few images.

The only games I am missing from season 1994 are R12 v St Kilda (Gazza kicked 5 goals in the last quarter) and R18 v Carlton.
1993, there was no FORD logo on the back.
1995 he wore gloves every match.

I'd love to find that '94 era jumper with a 5 on the back. I used to wear my early 90's (no Ford) Snr wooly jumper every game but I lost it in a move a decade ago.

I'm glad I was able to get this figure, I'm trying to find a lot of the Geelong gear I had as a youngster through the 80's and 90's. I did pick this up a little while ago and it made me smile, as it was my favourite toy as a kid.

IMG_9138.jpg

Does anyone know which goal this statue was modelled off?

View attachment 991356

View attachment 991357

When I first saw it, I immediately thought of his goal against Essendon at the G in 94. The snap from the boundary but it doesn't look the same after checking the video.

Thought the exact same thing when i saw those pics.

Damn Geelong v Ess had some amazing matches during that period. Iirc we alternated wins/loss with them for a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Back