Remove this Banner Ad

SirKnights

Senior List
Suspended
Feb 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
From a conversation with Gary Pert (CEO Collingwood), he has been told by management Brown is staying at Brisbane.

Thought I would post it to reassure some Lions fans.

(Pies are now turning attention to D Kerr but this probably isn't of interest to you).

Re: Brown is staying.

Don't mean to spoil the party here, but this bloke has told us we will trade for Ben Rutten.

I have therefore concluded SirKnights is really Craig Hutchinson just bouncing his stories off Big Footy and hoping for a hit!

Do all them players live in Bulimba?? Heard Lappin said he lived in the same suburb as the PM in the Bulldogs game, and Rudd lives in Bulimba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do all them players live in Bulimba?? Heard Lappin said he lived in the same suburb as the PM in the Bulldogs game, and Rudd lives in Bulimba.

Close to the GABBA, nice leafy suburb. No reason not to live there I guess.

The owner told Clarence the clocker

The clocker told jockey McGee

The jockey of course passed it on to the horse

And the horse told me

That sounds a lot more promising!

He's not over the line yet, but thats a start!
I put up the same article on the Pies board, we're (the majority) also hanging out in hope that Brown signs ASAP. No disrespect intended, but he's not what our list needs. I sincerely hope he stays a one-club player anyway, triple-premiership players shouldn't end up playing out their career at somewhere completely foreign, but sometimes that's just the salary cap. :(

Can't wait to bump some threads on the Carlton Board when he signs about Brown and his whereabouts next season...;)

Can't wait to bump some threads on the Carlton Board when he signs about Brown and his whereabouts next season...;)

Some of the Carlton supporters have been absolute knobs about the whole thing.

Their group delusion that players are lining up to don the Navy Blue is quite the thing to behold.

Some of the Carlton supporters have been absolute knobs about the whole thing.

Their group delusion that players are lining up to don the Navy Blue is quite the thing to behold.

'Some' is putting it quite nicely!:cool: They still hold the arrogance of the John Elliot era despite not having anything to hang their hat on for 13yrs and it would appear, condone and delight in their club's cheating and tanking ways.:thumbsdown:

'Some' is putting it quite nicely!:cool: They still hold the arrogance of the John Elliot era despite not having anything to hang their hat on for 13yrs and it would appear, condone and delight in their club's cheating and tanking ways.:thumbsdown:

Yeah, I am trying to avoid disparaging the entire group because there are some quality posters there who have been more restrained and respectful through all the speculation.

I'm also not trying not to claim any moral superiority, because I can be fairly provocative at times. I do however draw the line at baiting supporters of a club who are facing the possibility of losing a player who pretty much defines the club and its culture. Some posters there have been pretty cocky, arrogant and taken great delight in the stress and uncertainly that we've endured. There seems to be a strange offshoot of their club culture that puts much more precedent focuses more on the suffering and poor-will they can inflict on other clubs, rather than celebrating their own achievements.

For a club that has won more premierships than any other... there seems to be a strange element of spite and malice rather than pride. I suspect it lies in the fact that despite their success, there is an insecurity in not being as big, or as hated as Collingwood. Thus the emergence of "we're Carlton, **** the rest!". A statement that reeks of trying to establish their own cultural identity, but has now become intertwined with the stunning indifference towards salary cap cheating, tanking and an established tradition of shady and corrupt presidents.

But bringing it back to the Browny thing. If Browny re-signs, some of those Carlton folk are going to come out of it looking like knobs, and deserve the humiliation that will surely come their way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back