Club History Random moments in Swans history

Trouble was that was in Melbourne
Yes, I know... but at that time, I'm pretty sure Melbourne was the fashion capital of Australia and we were just following your lead!

Great thread by a great man

I remember the first time I actually got to see us live
Was 2004 v Melbourne at whatever dock lands was then. Good win and great to finally see us in the flesh.

I remember I was with some old friends of my wife’s family in the third tier, and she couldn’t watch, was scared she would fall onto the ground

Jeffers

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal/Penrith/LA Lakers
2002 season had it all
- Pluggers comeback and then having a corky for the ages which kept him out for multiple weeks
- Cressa's after the siren goal after Shannon Motlops brain fade
- Dunkley and Kelly's retirement game smashing Richmond at Stadium Australia (and also the players getting behind Roos at the end of the game)
- Ricky Mott missing an easy set shot to beat Essendon at Stadium Australia (i remember being in tears after it), however that miss was the blessing in disguise as Rodney Eade got the sack after.

Oh and of course...this infamous game

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
2002 season had it all
- Pluggers comeback and then having a corky for the ages which kept him out for multiple weeks
- Cressa's after the siren goal after Shannon Motlops brain fade
- Dunkley and Kelly's retirement game smashing Richmond at Stadium Australia (and also the players getting behind Roos at the end of the game)
- Ricky Mott missing an easy set shot to beat Essendon at Stadium Australia (i remember being in tears after it), however that miss was the blessing in disguise as Rodney Eade got the sack after.

Oh and of course...this infamous game

I forever referred to that end of the ground as the Ricky Mott end. :p

I was gutted too. Sometimes it feels like you'll never beat a certain side (Pies and Crows under Roos etc)

Essendon basically hadn't lost to us since 96 (barring one freak win in 97). They always seemed to do us over. Ricky Mott, Alessio's kick after the Siren. Bah.

Anyway in 2005 we finally broke the duck and I remember MOL kicking a crazy goal that bounced forever to seal the win.

Ah 2005. The year of ending hoodoos.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I forever referred to that end of the ground as the Ricky Mott end. :p

I was gutted too. Sometimes it feels like you'll never beat a certain side (Pies and Crows under Roos etc)

Essendon basically hadn't lost to us since 96 (barring one freak win in 97). They always seemed to do us over. Ricky Mott, Alessio's kick after the Siren. Bah.

Anyway in 2005 we finally broke the duck and I remember MOL kicking a crazy goal that bounced forever to seal the win.

Ah 2005. The year of ending hoodoos.
I was down that end right behind the goals.

Round 7 2015 v Cats at ANZ

Disposals: Hannebery 35, Kennedy 33, Mitchell 33, Parker 31

Goals: Parker 5, Franklin 4, Mitchell 3, Goodes, McVeigh, Jack, Tippet, Kennedy, Rohan

Parker - 31 disposals, 11 marks, 5 tackles, 5.1 goals

18.12 (120) - 11.11 (77)

Damn! We were so very good that year...

What 2018 Swans winning game will I watch tonight peeps?
I can’t watch our Hawks win, bad juju happens when I do that before another Hawks game.

Hit me with your top 2 games to rewatch. I need suggestions.

From just this year?

Watch the North Melbourne win and the Bulldogs win.

I can’t watch our Hawks win, bad juju happens when I do that before another Hawks game.

The Norths game... It was a good game out of the blue! Or the Pies game, no-one game us a chance...

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
That's 2 votes for the Norf game now.
Geelong at Geelong, JPK went beast mode in the last. Best quarter we've played this year imo.

Yep. Cats & North games Tickster.

I would have said the Hawks game but that's not an option.

Back