Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have never rated Milligan. Makes poor decisions, tries to take 3 Hondurans on from the defensive third, has an average first touch at kick off and a horrendous one by the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Btw my partner helped me prepare for today by saying we needed to treat the survey like a NAB cup game - take an interest, hope no-one gets hurt, and not invest too much. By tonight I was sorry not to wearing my gay scarf on the train.

And World Cup qualification too? What an awesome day this has been.

Why no red? Last defender, hacked down, goal scoring chance.

Academic I guess...

Should've been a straight red.
Nah, they changed the rule on that one about a year ago to remove the triple punishment of a penalty, red card and suspension. If you're in the box, judged to be genuinely challenging the ball and you're the last defender then it's only a yellow.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Australia! It's been a great day for the country all round.

Nah, they changed the rule on that one about a year ago to remove the triple punishment of a penalty, red card and suspension. If you're in the box, judged to be genuinely challenging the ball and you're the last defender then it's only a yellow.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Australia! It's been a great day for the country all round.
Missed that, cheers. Old man El Triggso will need to adapt to the modern era.

Even with that updated interpretation, however, did he go for the ball? I just thought he kicked a bloke onto his arse rather than see him score.

I used to work with a guy that refereed in 2world cups. Will ask.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you are one on one with the keeper and get fouled is it not an instant red?
Did I miss something??

Answered by kangaspurs two posts above yours tazaa.

While Tasmania was a definite yes, it's interesting to see the overall results and how the more built up areas are all overwhelmingly yes and it grows weaker the more you get into the more rural country sections.

View attachment 437358
There are jokes to be made about the proclivities of folks from western and north-western Tas, but I won’t be the one to make them this time.

So happy for you. Is a wedding on the cards?
We did a surprise commitment ceremony at my 50th with all our friends and family a few years ago, and honestly don't think we could top that, so probably not. My tears are more because this vote got turned into a survey of whether it is all right to be gay in Australia, all right for couples to hear their love and relationships are seen as equal, and all right for kids to be told all that. It will mean so much to so many people for such a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back