Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

32084BE600000578-0-image-a-5_1457534720578.jpg

Pro-gun Florida mom is accidentally shot by her four-year-old son while driving after the boy found her pistol in back seat - just a day after she bragged about his shooting skills
  • Jamie Gilt, 31, was driving with her son, 4, through Putnam County, Florida
  • The child picked up a loaded .45 handgun from the back seat and fired
  • Gilt was shot and wounded after the round passed through the truck's seat
  • She told deputies that she had been shot in the back by her young son
  • Just 24 hours earlier, she posted about her toddler's shooting ability
  • She wrote: ''Even my 4 year old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22'
  • Gilt was reportedly on her way to pick up a horse when she was shot

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rida-boy-pistol-seat-truck.html#ixzz59gRxQW8k

Life comes at you fast.
5C89F270-4A28-42B9-AB33-B35CEFDC2274.jpeg

Dyk the average Australian spends 2.5 hours on their Smart Phone
It'll get worse.

Just look at the sedantary behaviour figures. the majority are watching 6 hours of TV a day and that has been associated with living for 5 years less. We give children homework that is technology driven so they spend hours on the internet from a very young age. It's contributing to lower levels of fitness and when you look at the risk factors of mortality - low cardio-respiratory fitness has the highest attributable fraction. It's going to be a real eye-opener because we already have an issue - only 21% of our population over 65 are reaching the Australian physical activity guidelines. Our adults (63% are overweight or obese - 56% in 1995) and children are getting fatter. Half of Australians have at least one chronic disease and 1/4 have two or more.

Technology is improving and a big part of that is making life easier. It's going to be harder and harder to buck this trend. Simple things like getting up to answer the phone or turning off the light switch are a thing of the past. Now we can shout "alexa turn off the lounge room light" or switch it off via a mobile app.

Then we have diet - 2016 report card. 93% of the adult population and 97% aren't consuming enough vegetables (adults were 87% a few years earlier so we are getting worse). 50% aren't having enough fruit.

But it's all okay because our life expectancy is increasing...but is our quality of life? We desperately need to invest more in primary preventative interventions as well as secondary. The toughest part is changing behaviours because the lay population knows they need to exercise and eat 5 veg and 2 fruit but they don't. Instead they jump on things like "but BMI doesn't factor in muscle mass or individual differences" which is correct but how many of those whining have even weighed themselves in the past 3 years? And it's not like we have the capacity to give the entire population a dexa scan to assess their body composition. Then you can highlight issues to Australians but they'd rather get some cholesterol pills from their GP instead of changing their lifestyle - reinforcing their own thought process that it's okay to eat like s**t and sit on the couch because a tablet with water will solve my problems - not factoring in that the government subsidises some of the cost increasing our taxes and drawing money from other areas thus burdening the entire population all because they are fat lazy sods.

The moral of the story is we are circling the drain health wise but that's okay as long as the person next to me is overweight too. My neighbours are s**t out of luck because i will always be a biological specimen carved from granite and a direct descendant from Zeus himself.

I'd suggest that what really gives gun owners a bad name is all the mass murders.
while i am for the 2nd Amendment, even i think there are people who shouldn't own guns (not including criminals as they shouldn't at all). to many nuts out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll get worse.

Just look at the sedantary behaviour figures. the majority are watching 6 hours of TV a day and that has been associated with living for 5 years less. We give children homework that is technology driven so they spend hours on the internet from a very young age. It's contributing to lower levels of fitness and when you look at the risk factors of mortality - low cardio-respiratory fitness has the highest attributable fraction. It's going to be a real eye-opener because we already have an issue - only 21% of our population over 65 are reaching the Australian physical activity guidelines. Our adults (63% are overweight or obese - 56% in 1995) and children are getting fatter. Half of Australians have at least one chronic disease and 1/4 have two or more.

Technology is improving and a big part of that is making life easier. It's going to be harder and harder to buck this trend. Simple things like getting up to answer the phone or turning off the light switch are a thing of the past. Now we can shout "alexa turn off the lounge room light" or switch it off via a mobile app.

Then we have diet - 2016 report card. 93% of the adult population and 97% aren't consuming enough vegetables (adults were 87% a few years earlier so we are getting worse). 50% aren't having enough fruit.

But it's all okay because our life expectancy is increasing...but is our quality of life? We desperately need to invest more in primary preventative interventions as well as secondary. The toughest part is changing behaviours because the lay population knows they need to exercise and eat 5 veg and 2 fruit but they don't. Instead they jump on things like "but BMI doesn't factor in muscle mass or individual differences" which is correct but how many of those whining have even weighed themselves in the past 3 years? And it's not like we have the capacity to give the entire population a dexa scan to assess their body composition. Then you can highlight issues to Australians but they'd rather get some cholesterol pills from their GP instead of changing their lifestyle - reinforcing their own thought process that it's okay to eat like s**t and sit on the couch because a tablet with water will solve my problems - not factoring in that the government subsidises some of the cost increasing our taxes and drawing money from other areas thus burdening the entire population all because they are fat lazy sods.

The moral of the story is we are circling the drain health wise but that's okay as long as the person next to me is overweight too. My neighbours are s**t out of luck because i will always be a biological specimen carved from granite and a direct descendant from Zeus himself.

Presenting a major opportunity for you to expand Kanga Tech with a new product, Kanga Tech Neck GG.

4rd_xKjNCA-p3ZOKIH-fBn2DMzeQsjDn29AuK553L0b0T99TPpMLykLxFvOZ2bxoINuXfwpvK4JBOwyB6uPnGJgWeBmax-tfLPxa_rcc7Nfttw=w384-h384-nc

The way kids are going now future generations are sure to have their chins fuse to their sternums.

No deal. I speak my thoughts when I'm exercising and siri records them so that i can upload them to big footy after. Or i write them down on a waterproof pad while I'm doing calf raises in the shower.

Fitness tip: Do your handstand pushups in the shower and enjoy the constant stream of drinking water on offer. You'll get a solid shoulder workout while your peristalsis process will enjoy the challenge of working against gravity.

Fitness tip: Do your handstand pushups in the shower and enjoy the constant stream of drinking water on offer. You'll get a solid shoulder workout while your peristalsis process will enjoy the challenge of working against gravity.
You plagiarised that from Top Tips in Viz, didn't you?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back