Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I’d go as far as saying it was a binfringement.....

Although I guess it could be classed as a tad bintrusive.......

I think it's only fair to inform you now that I was once reliably informed by Judge Frank Vincent, that the back of a tray truck does not in fact constitute "a bin".

This is rich coming from a bloke that's pocketed $4 mill for 25 games:

Nic Nat's flag plea to Eagles' 'free' three

WEST Coast's three key free agents might earn more money elsewhere, but star big man Nic Naitanui hopes the Eagles' flag prospects and loyalty to players post-football helps convince Jeremy McGovern, Andrew Gaff and Scott Lycett to stay. McGovern has put off contract talks until season's end and Victorian midfielder Gaff is playing his cards close to his chest.

However, Naitanui's ruck sidekick Lycett appears well advanced in negotiations.

All three are restricted free agents, meaning West Coast would have the right to match any rival offer in October. McGovern is reportedly being courted by Melbourne teams as well as Fremantle, where his father Andrew made 63 appearances in the mid-1990s, and is angling for a long-term deal. The dual All Australian defender's partner recently gave birth to their first son and he has stated lifestyle will be a major factor in his decision. Gaff has declared the chance to play in a premiership will weigh heavily on his mind, amid strong interest from clubs in his home state.
Speaking to AFL.com.au this week, Naitanui was confident the big-name pair would re-sign.

"I've got the same management group as 'Gaffy'; I think it's pretty positive signs that he'll stay," Naitanui said. "'Gov' as well, I know there's a lot of speculation about him going here and there. I think his old man played at Freo, but that’s the only thing that could make him want to go there. "It would be hard moving down the road. I'm confident that he will stay with us. "The club is pretty good, they always look after players. The biggest thing they tell us is it's not only about your playing career but post-footy as well.

"'Nizzy' (CEO Trevor Nisbett) is a pretty loyal guy and will look after you post your career as well, which he tells a lot of players. "If you stick around you might get a little bit less money than what you could probably get elsewhere, but in the longer journey you'll get looked after by the footy club. "Those guys know that and they'll make the right choice when it's time." While there has been plenty of external discussion about the Eagles' free agents this year, Naitanui revealed contracts are always a hot topic among the playing group. "The boys give a heap of banter about how much someone is on, or who signed for what," he said with a laugh. "It's funny, we're a pretty close group like that. I don't know if many footy clubs talk about contracts so openly, but we talk about contracts all the time. "We were giving them (McGovern, Gaff and Lycett) heaps the other day (saying) 'Hurry up and sign and stop holding off'. "In all seriousness, I hope they do decide to stay. "I guess having success (so far this season) helps as well."

Next year, Naitanui, who signed a five-year deal in 2014, and dual Coleman medallist Josh Kennedy are due to become restricted free agents. But both West Australians will almost certainly be going nowhere at this stage of their careers. "I haven't spoken about my contract yet – hopefully they've still got room for me," Naitanui joked. "I'll deal with mine once those (three) guys are signed up and take whatever's left."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-21/nit-nats-flag-plea-to-eagles-free-three

Ah, hang on......

"'Nizzy' (CEO Trevor Nisbett) is a pretty loyal guy and will look after you post your career as well, which he tells a lot of players. "If you stick around you might get a little bit less money than what you could probably get elsewhere, but in the longer journey you'll get looked after by the footy club."

Has Natanui just admitted to salary cap rorting?

Ah, hang on......

"'Nizzy' (CEO Trevor Nisbett) is a pretty loyal guy and will look after you post your career as well, which he tells a lot of players. "If you stick around you might get a little bit less money than what you could probably get elsewhere, but in the longer journey you'll get looked after by the footy club."

Nice pickup. Should be tweeted to every journo in town.

Ah, hang on......

Wonder how many ex-eagles stumbled into ambassadorial roles in these companies?

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/the-club/administration/board

Peter Carter (Deputy Chairman): Managing Director of Crosby Tiles

Paul Fitzpatrick: Partner - Clayton Utz

Terry Bowen is Head of the Operations Group at BGH.

Terry served from 2009 as Finance Director of Wesfarmers Limited

Terry worked as Finance Director of Coles

Non-Executive Director of BHP Billiton Limited

Zoe Yujnovich: Country Chair/Executive Vice President of Shell Australia

As CEO, Chris was responsible for all Seven West Media assets in Western Australia: The West Australian, West Regional Publications (23 mastheads), its online properties, WA Publishers, Redwave Media (nine regional radio licence areas) and Channel 7 Perth

Ah, hang on......

Does bail money get included under the TPP?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woo.

35114818_10156052934188347_7149309437440688128_n.png
It arrived yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back