Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Decides to post something in the non-footy thread... checks last few pages for amusing content that often fills this thre... :eek:

Anyway, if I may move onto a topic of far greater international significance for a sec - man flu.

I’m a person who rarely gets sick and when I do I can usually push through without any problem.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was feeling very unwell. Ended up getting a blood test which suggested a virus and a chest x-ray which showed a lung infection. Just given antibiotics and told to get a few days bed rest.

It was at this bed rest stage where it became abundantly clear to me that my wife was philosophically opposed to the concept of me getting the rest I needed and would make if difficult for me to do so.

It got to the point where I literally considered exaggerating my symptoms just so I could convince her that I really did need some rest. Then I thought hmmm - man flu.

So, my question is, to those guys out there that have been accused of having man flu before, do you think you genuinely suffer from flu symptoms more than women? Or is it more a case of trying to deal with your significant other making it difficult for you to get the rest you need (and which you let her get when she needs it)? Or something else entirely?

Flu injection August 1st

No colds/flu prior

Two bouts of cold/flu from injection to Fathers Day

Coincidence?

Was not happy Jan

I'd think they definitely would have a better idea of African American racial tropes. But I'd also argue they have a massive amount of self interest in making in making mountains out of molehills in general, and in regards to potential racial issues especially.

There are enough issues on that front in the US without them having to make mountains out of molehills.

JD-Roo

Premiership Player
May 31, 2007
Kilmore-East
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Flu injection August 1st

No colds/flu prior

Two bouts of cold/flu from injection to Fathers Day

Coincidence?

Was not happy Jan
I get the flu injection every year through work and damn happy with it.

Always clean as a whistle, but get the occasional cold and USED pass it off to people as 'got the flu', as most say.

Missed the injection a couple of years ago and got the ACTUAL flu.

Will never ever pass a cold off as the 'flu' ever again, even just in conversation.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I get the flu injection every year through work and damn happy with it.

Always clean as a whistle, but get the occasional cold and USED pass it off to people as 'got the flu', as most say.

Missed the injection a couple of years ago and got the ACTUAL flu.

Will never ever pass a cold off as the 'flu' ever again, even just in conversation.

The two colds were as bad as the flu minus the fever

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
train delays in Melbourne due to crossing works this weekend, frankston line i believe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rugby is a TV sport.

Yep. Some of the most intense League fans I know hate going to games cos its so much better to watch the game on tv.

They bang on about it all the time. One went to a GF (their team wasn't playing btw) a couple of years ago and said it was s**t and they'd have rather watched it at home. His bro was best mates with the GF winning assistant coach at the time - good seats after game in the rooms etc etc. "Nah - it was s**t and I'd rather watch it on TV."

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
“Shepparton isn’t relevant at all to Shepparton Airplane, other than as part of a memorable geographical rock’n’roll pun. “A bandmate of mine from another band was bored one night and was coming up with all these mash up names of famous bands and really shitty Victorian towns, and Shepparton Airplane stood out as one of the better ones,” Chow says. “When we were doing the usual thing of coming up with a band name, I just called him up and asked him if we could use it, and he was happy for us to. Names often say a lot about bands, but with this name you don’t know what to expect from the band.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back