Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went by bus to Phuket speed boat Marina and it was the first time to see Phuket in daylight. These people do it tough.

It is embarrassing how scrooge tourists get. The crew asked for tips at the end of a 7 hour cruise yesterday. I gave the 4 of them 500 baht...around $20..that was the highest tip of 60 people and they were over the moon. What does $20 get you at the footy in an afternoon? But nah it's all about getting the cheapest price here...fair enough on fake goods...but when it's service I think fair suck of the sav.

The speedboat trip out to Phi Phi was fast and the boats all leave at the same time so it's all these speed boats racing each other out to the islands.

Snorkeling was a bit meh...straight off the back of the boat into a swell above a cloudy reef.

Saw Monkey Island but couldn't get out as the tide waz too high.

Had lunch at I think the Island where the Tsunami film 'the Impossible ' was set. That Island was erased...and the lives lost could have been saved had the now early warning system been around because of the higher ground. The island has since been rebuilt.

Went around to Maya Bay where "the Beach' was filmed. Spectacular and we enjoyed it with our fellow 2000 swimmers and 30 speedboats.

We then ended the day at Khai Island. It is the size of Etihad playing surface. We swam with 4000 other people and 60 speedboats. The only thing missing was a kick to the back of the nogging with a mini footy. That place was cool because the fish swim up to your feet in the shallows...thousands of them. One Elderly woman amused her whole family by attempting to catch the fish in a plastic bag. ...fish too smart for old lady.

So it's a mix of off peak and peak tourists atm. The Russians are here because they apparently can't deal with -27 degrees. You can spot them a mile away...red raw in dick stickers. If you can't beat them...join them...I am wearing dick stickers but I am smothered in Banana Boat acid burning sunscreen.

Today I get massage and tonight we maybe go to Night Markets where I can hopefully pick up a fake Roos jumper for $5.

Went by bus to Phuket speed boat Marina and it was the first time to see Phuket in daylight. These people do it tough.

It is embarrassing how scrooge tourists get. The crew asked for tips at the end of a 7 hour cruise yesterday. I gave the 4 of them 500 baht...around $20..that was the highest tip of 60 people and they were over the moon. What does $20 get you at the footy in an afternoon? But nah it's all about getting the cheapest price here...fair enough on fake goods...but when it's service I think fair suck of the sav.

The speedboat trip out to Phi Phi was fast and the boats all leave at the same time so it's all these speed boats racing each other out to the islands.

Snorkeling was a bit meh...straight off the back of the boat into a swell above a cloudy reef.

Had lunch at I think the Island where the Tsunami film 'the Impossible ' was set. That Island was erased...and the lives lost could have been saved had the now early warning system been around because of the higher ground. The island has since been rebuilt.

Went around to Maya Bay where "the Beach' was filmed. Spectacular and we enjoyed it with our fellow 2000 swimmers and 30 speedboats.

We then ended the day at Khai Island. It is the size of Etihad playing surface. We swam with 4000 other people and 60 speedboats. The only thing missing was a kick to the back of the nogging with a mini footy. That place was cool because the fish swim up to your feet in the shallows...thousands of them. One Elderly woman amused her whole family by attempting to catch the fish in a plastic bag. ...fish too smart for old lady.

So it's a mix of off peak and peak tourists atm. The Russians are here because they apparently can't deal with -27 degrees. You can spot them a mile away...red raw in dick stickers. If you can't beat them...join them...I am wearing dick stickers but I am smothered in Banana Boat acid burning sunscreen.

Today I get massage and tonight we maybe go to Night Markets where I can hopefully pick up a fake Roos jumper for $5.
Number 12, name Campbell?

Number 12, name Campbell?

Number 2 Mary. ...but there were lots of different companies with same numbers.

Mary should replace Scotts.

She gave the best bake to a pair late back to boat after lunch. Dead silence and shut two Seppos down full time.

Mary aka Thai Barassi.

Shannon Noll arrested outside a strip club for assault.

Interesting to see if the bouncer is also charged, in the footage is repeatedly dropping the knee into Noll while he's being held to the ground by 2-3 blokes.

Shannon Noll arrested outside a strip club for assault.

Interesting to see if the bouncer is also charged, in the footage is repeatedly dropping the knee into Noll while he's being held to the ground by 2-3 blokes.

Bouncer upset with 'Wadda bout me' cover?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hojuman.....man I saw perfect Pet Gopher/Chipmunk live creature for you at Phuket Night Markets Pet Shop.

They said no.

This Markets like Vic Market but no a/c.

90% humidity...30 degree heat.

3 hours I feel like I have played 5 sets of Tennis.

Time for $1.10 beer and swim.

Last edited:

I stayed at Phi Phi Island Village a few years before the tsunami and tourist invasion (opposite end of the island to where all the boats dock and the backpackers are swarming everywhere) and it was superb. Untouched and deserted. s**t, I felt like I was starring in The Beach when I wandered through the palms onto the sands of Maya Bay with nobody else in sight.

Have you tried sticky rice from one of those street seller women who carry piles of it wrapped up and balancing on their shoulders? Magnificent! The cholera comes for free.

I stayed at Phi Phi Island Village a few years before the tsunami and tourist invasion (opposite end of the island to where all the boats dock and the backpackers are swarming everywhere) and it was superb. Untouched and deserted. s**t, I felt like I was starring in The Beach when I wandered through the palms onto the sands of Maya Bay with nobody else in sight.

Have you tried sticky rice from one of those street seller women who carry piles of it wrapped up and balancing on their shoulders? Magnificent! The cholera comes for free.

No...kid nek door did and has had gastro past 3 hours...vomited twice in mini taxi on the way back from markets.

Yep Phi Phi is over touristised in 2017.

News last night.
Violent jewelry robbery caught on camera.
Newsreader says they are men of African appearance.
Getting lawless in Melbourne.
Starting to sh1t me.
5 minutes later, there was a story also caught on camera about a violent street assault in Carlton.
Same news service.
Not even a vague mention that it was a male of Caucasian background.
That could even sh1t me as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back