Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we? :S

There was zero evidence of any one being offended, by anyone's comments.

You blew the whole thing up making an assumption of others.

You've 'apologised' to a poster for another 'assumption' when interpreting his post.

You throw around buzz words 'bashing' & 'hate'.

You did not voice your concerns at the multitude of Christian 'bashing' posts in the lead up to the SSM vote.

It seems all round, that you've somewhat missed the mark here DP.

It could be said, that if anyone's denigrating those who follow religion, it is you, through your assumption they are " lesser or weak" being that a simple comment contrary to their beliefs may catapult them into oblivion.

There was zero evidence of any one being offended, by anyone's comments.

You blew the whole thing up making an assumption of others.

You've 'apologised' to a poster for another 'assumption' when interpreting his post.

You throw around buzz words 'bashing' & 'hate'.

You did not voice your concerns at the multitude of Christian 'bashing' posts in the lead up to the SSM vote.

It seems all round, that you've somewhat missed the mark here DP.

It could be said, that if anyone's denigrating those who follow religion, it is you, through your assumption they are " lesser or weak" being that a simple comment contrary to their beliefs may catapult them into oblivion.

Yes, I said "Lets not get into religion bashing", poor choice of words? Maybe.

But I've seen how some posters get on here when discussing religion.

If you'd read my other posts you'd see I said that it wasn't a commentary on discussing religions pros and cons and where it fails in a more modern setting. It was simply saying can we not resort to the point of saying that people who believe in religion are idiots or because someone identifies as religious their opinion means less.

That's exactly what we've been fighting against in regard to SSM.

Also I didn't realise there was a statute of limitations regarding having an opinion.

I formed my opinion seeing people post during the SSM debate, I chose to post now when I saw it looking like it was going to get to the same point.

Do I think religious people are idiots? Absolutely some of them are, equally there's a heap of fantastic religious people.

On the other hand theres plenty of people who could be described as idiots that don't identify as religious.

I was simply suggesting avoiding calling people names JUST because they're religious. Theres plenty of religious people out there doing good.

Debating the merits of Religion is an entirely different kettle of fish

Thats an interesting way to answer a question

Um, yeah, there's a pretty large discussion questioning long held opinions on gender definitions. Surprised you're unaware.

It's widely accepted these long held and historical opinions are going through somewhat of a social revolution.

How would that 'revolution' be tracking if there was a Dark Phoenix on every message board shutting down discussion in fear of 'upsetting' some of the 7.4 billion people that fall under the topics umbrella?

True to your stance, You have some serious internet censoring to get to.

Yes, I said "Lets not get into religion bashing", poor choice of words? Maybe.

But I've seen how some posters get on here when discussing religion.

If you'd read my other posts you'd see I said that it wasn't a commentary on discussing religions pros and cons and where it fails in a more modern setting. It was simply saying can we not resort to the point of saying that people who believe in religion are idiots or because someone identifies as religious their opinion means less.

That's exactly what we've been fighting against in regard to SSM.

Also I didn't realise there was a statute of limitations regarding having an opinion.

I formed my opinion seeing people post during the SSM debate, I chose to post now when I saw it looking like it was going to get to the same point.

Do I think religious people are idiots? Absolutely some of them are, equally there's a heap of fantastic religious people.

On the other hand theres plenty of people who could be described as idiots that don't identify as religious.

I was simply suggesting avoiding calling people names JUST because they're religious. Theres plenty of religious people out there doing good.

Debating the merits of Religion is an entirely different kettle of fish

You've now claimed your intent to be more of a 'preventative' nature. You wished to prevent "name calling" etc. Grea. I agree with that stance.

Me, or the other poster you actually quoted did nothing of the sort.

I do though, think it somewhat weak you failed to interject when the actual name calling was going on...

Anyway, this has gone on long enough.

We didn't use offensive language, I believe it was all 'adult' discussion. we all get to carry on.

May you go in peace.
In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit.
Amen.

I do though, think it somewhat weak you failed to interject when the actual name calling was going on...

Can't say I read the RNFT thread whenever it pops up due to the fact its usually 5-6 new pages at a time and by the time I'd caught up it was usually a couple of days later.

Again, I didn't realise you had decided on an arbitrary time frame that you have to express an opinion in for it to be valid. I'll sure to be more on top of things next time.

My point was always in regard to name calling, probably my fault for not being clearer and getting sucked into side arguments based on that ambiguousness rather than clarifying what I meant.

Mods feel free to delete the last 3 pages if they think its stinking up the place

Last edited:
Mods feel free to delete the last 3 pages if they think its stinking up the place

This is the final frontier. Sure, an occasional dumping ground. But People need an outlet, an 'unsafe' place at times, to come and have a solid chat.

They've booted it out of every other thread on the board, for the love of god, let this thread be.

This is the final frontier. Sure, an occasional dumping ground. But People need an outlet, an 'unsafe' place at times, to come and have a solid chat.

They've booted it out of every other thread on the board, for the love of god, let this thread be.
Fair call, like you said, I'll move on and we will leave it at that.

My intentions were good, my posts not so much.

I'll put it down to using all my good words on the Cover Letter I've been writing all day

Without getting to much into it I read on here some scepticism about Religion the past few days in this thread that was on the edge of direspectfulness.

What of it?

Why's it ok to disrespect opposition fans? Or preferred political parties of a poster? Or even specific politicians for that matter?

We've established Religion is a choice, much like those other hobbies or interests above.

The most passionate football fans invest more time, money, and effort, than the majority of people thought to be religious.

Why's it ok to disrespect them? Why does religion get preferential treatment?

Where do you draw the line?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
What of it?

Why's it ok to disrespect opposition fans? Or preferred political parties of a poster? Or even specific politicians for that matter?

We've established Religion is a choice, much like those other hobbies or interests above.

The most passionate football fans invest more time, money, and effort, than the majority of people thought to be religious.

Why's it ok to disrespect them? Why does religion get preferential treatment?

Where do you draw the line?

Last time i looked we havent been to war over Afl...committed genocide...invaded other countries..physically and emotionally tortured people...written a document about Afl that is treated as the highest reverence of how to live life to transcend to life after death...thst is also used to offer a political and legal system for millions ...that is also used as a doctrine for moral snd egrical guidance in every interactio a human has...

I am not religious but understand that intolerance anywhere about a persons way of life should be tackled.

Comparing relgion..gender...sex preferences..disabilty discrimination to following a Game?

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
just dusted off my old vintage lego collection recently, have to say iam surprised that i actually had the complete bricksets for quite a few packs,
3k9EcQ014uWG.jpg

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Love this. It’s ok to be a good person without the reward of an afterlife in paradise.

Life is even more precious when you dismiss some imaginary fallback position.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Some people strive for greatness and others are just born with it.

Meth user fights off 15 police officers ‘while masturbating in bar’

sd21.jpg

Andrew Frey (Picture: Police handout)

So much for a quiet Sunday night. An Oregon man high on meth fought off 15 police officers after allegedly refusing to stop publicly masturbating in a bar. Andrew Frey, 37, exposed himself to a bartender at Iggy’s Bar & Grill on December 22 before he began pleasuring himself, according to police. He then moved into the bathroom where he continued his inappropriate behaviour before police were called to the scene.

Deputy Peter Walker, who was first at the scene, used a Taser on the suspect multiple times but it had no effect, according to a police statement. The two then got into a fight before police reinforcements arrived at the bar. It took more than 15 police officers from three different forces to finally arrest Frey, who was taken to a local hospital for assessment.

He is being held on charges of public indecency, resisting arrest and theft of services. He told officers has no recollection of the incident but admitted he had taken meth.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/31/andre...e-officers-while-masturbating-in-bar-4245713/

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He must've accumulated a few infraction points in a short space of time, extending his time off in the process. 20pts earnt in a 12 month period is curtains for an account BTW.
Indeed. All i said was unfortunately o'meara has been ruined by injuries. Now he's likely to end up as a poor man's LDU. Which is still good. Hawk mod was in charge at the time = :thumbsdown::fire::thumbsdown:

sd21.jpg

So much for a quiet Sunday night. An Oregon man high on meth fought off 15 police officers after allegedly refusing to stop publicly masturbating in a bar. Andrew Frey, 37, exposed himself to a bartender at Iggy’s Bar & Grill on December 22 before he began pleasuring himself, according to police. He then moved into the bathroom where he continued his inappropriate behaviour before police were called to the scene.

Deputy Peter Walker, who was first at the scene, used a Taser on the suspect multiple times but it had no effect, according to a police statement. The two then got into a fight before police reinforcements arrived at the bar. It took more than 15 police officers from three different forces to finally arrest Frey, who was taken to a local hospital for assessment.

He is being held on charges of public indecency, resisting arrest and theft of services. He told officers has no recollection of the incident but admitted he had taken meth.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/31/andre...e-officers-while-masturbating-in-bar-4245713/

Quicker hands than Cunners! Worth a look?

Indeed. All i said was unfortunately o'meara has been ruined by injuries. Now he's likely to end up as a poor man's LDU. Which is still good. Hawk mod was in charge at the time = :thumbsdown::fire::thumbsdown:

Beyond our board there are dangers, for anyone with an opinion, at every turn.

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

sd21.jpg

Not all hero’s wear capes

Go_Roos!

Club Legend
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

sd21.jpg

Reasonable effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back