Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Probably been brought up before, but just noticed that North has so many more threads on here
than all the other clubs (47K, next is Richmond with 30K)
This seems a very odd phenomenon considering the size of our supporter base (good though)
View attachment 630777

North had the most posts on club boards for a very long time, was only overtaken a year or so ago.

There was post limits for threads back in the day, so you were limited in the post counts and had to make a new thread.

These other club boards have become a lot more popular as big footy has snuffed out most of the rival club forums out there.

Hence, the majority of the other clubs posts have come after the forum restriction of thread post numbers were listed. So they have similar post numbers, but a larger % of which are in more modern mega threads etc.

I'd say if you looked at the post numbers from the last 3 or so years, we'd very much be middle of the road.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Mate, it's not a popular thing to say, but you have to build up your psychological immune system, the same way you build up your physical immune system. By pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. The rising numbers are the result of softer, more priveleged generations of people.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The game itself has few rules, two being that play is restricted to Long Street and participants are not allowed to kill anyone. The winner is declared at 5.00pm, the title going to the person who has possession of the ball when the whistle sounds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man takes wages home: more pokies needed, says Premier

laptop-1024x576.jpg

The NSW government has expressed concern following the release of a second report by the Productivity Commission which shows that a majority of employed people still spend their pay on luxury items such as food and clothing for their family.

Today the Treasurer announced a policy to get tough on “gambling evasion” schemes. Those who fail to gamble their fair share will be prosecuted by the taxation office.

The government is considering new legislation which will require a certain percentage of employee’s wages to be paid directly into the pokie machine of their choice.

Known as the brickie’s laptop initiative, the scheme will be strictly means tested – employees who earn up to $50,000 will have 40% of their income automatically deducted, with the deduction reduced on a sliding scale. Families who earn more than $150,000 per year will not be subject to deductions.

The Premier has come out in strong support for the scheme. “New South Wales is proud to lead the world in pokie concentration, but if people selfishly refuse to pay their gambling dues, then we will not be able to maintain our current level of services.”

Community groups have described the Premier’s policy plan as “a pile of craps”.

Not sure how it is remotely possible to find someone guilty of raping minors and only get 3 years in jail. What is he saying, if you are 100 years old then go out on a raping spree because you have one foot in the grave you wont be sent to jail? That is ludicrous. If you are guilty of a serious crime then you should cop a full sentence and be told you WILL die in jail.

He said Pell’s age, his “otherwise good character” and the fact he has not been convicted of such an offence in the 22 years after his crime factored into his decision.

What is this otherwise s**t? If you are guilty of assaulting minors, you have no good character... at all.

Judge Kidd noted Pell had no prior convictions and had not committed other sexual offences since this offending.

Give the guy a medal for his restraint. :stern look

Anyway, this s**t show is going to move to the Supreme Court soon, it isn't going to mean anything at all unless the conviction stands.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure how it is remotely possible to find someone guilty of raping minors and only get 3 years in jail. What is he saying, if you are 100 years old then go out on a raping spree because you have one foot in the grave you wont be sent to jail? That is ludicrous. If you are guilty of a serious crime then you should cop a full sentence and be told you WILL die in jail.

What is this otherwise s**t? If you are guilty of assaulting minors, you have no good character... at all.

Give the guy a medal for his restraint. :stern look

Anyway, this s**t show is going to move to the Supreme Court soon, it isn't going to mean anything at all unless the conviction stands.

Our jails are full of people who take drugs or sell them, we don’t have room for child rapists Stern look.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Heads up to everyone here. I'm sure you've all heard of the tragic events unfolding in Christchurch atm. Well, the shooter live streamed the massacre on Facebook and it's getting shared across Facebook and Twitter. I recommend turning off the autoplay feature for videos on both platforms for the foreseeable future because I didn't have it off and the footage I saw is .... confronting, to say the absolute least.

Heads up to everyone here. I'm sure you've all heard of the tragic events unfolding in Christchurch atm. Well, the shooter live streamed the massacre on Facebook and it's getting shared across Facebook and Twitter. I recommend turning off the autoplay feature for videos on both platforms for the foreseeable future because I didn't have it off and the footage I saw is .... confronting, to say the absolute least.
Just seen it and it is absolutely horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back