(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Just dropping in to say we (Carlton) got your champ Mick Martin, to 300 games. It may not mean much to fellow Blues fans or neutral fans, but Mad Mick was a bloody damn tough customer and a player I admired greatly as a teen in the 90s.
Might have been been self indulgent by Denis Pagan to draft him to Our club when we got fudged over by salary cap rorts, but i am glad we did it anyway.

Mick Martin gets unnoticed in the best full backs/defenders discussion, but believe me, i truly rate him (slightly) behind SOS as the best fullback of the 90s.

IMHO, if any player who defined the true meaning of the Shinboner spirit it is/was Mick Martyn.

Always loved Mad Mick, despite his brief time at Carlton, eager to read about North fans fond recollections about MM, if I had to compare him to a figure of mythology, it is Sir Lancelot

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Just dropping in to say we (Carlton) got your champ Mick Martin, to 300 games. It may not mean much to fellow Blues fans or neutral fans, but Mad Mick was a bloody damn tough customer and a player I admired greatly as a teen in the 90s.
Might have been been self indulgent by Denis Pagan to draft him to Our club when we got fudged over by salary cap rorts, but i am glad we did it anyway.

Mick Martin gets unnoticed in the best full backs/defenders discussion, but believe me, i truly rate him (slightly) behind SOS as the best fullback of the 90s.

IMHO, if any player who defined the true meaning of the Shinboner spirit it is/was Mick Martyn.

Always loved Mad Mick, despite his brief time at Carlton, eager to read about North fans fond recollections about MM, if I had to compare him to a figure of mythology, it is Sir Lancelot
Great post. Had the best trait in a defender - he hated to lose.

Wanted to play on the best forwards and never hid away letting others do the dirty work.

Seriously strong unit too when half the full forwards in the league were capable of bench pressing their opponent.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
i volunteer at a museum here in the DC area. it was our Halloween event today and i wore the 2003 away jumper and some Aussies saw my jumper. i ask who they supported and they said the Bombers. i said, you drug cheating bastards i hope you choke on it.
plus there was a family from South Australia who were Crows fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay

Don't Get Cut
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have to say the surface at Arden Street is a thing of true beauty. Its like a pool table for giants. They do extensive maintenance on it every off season now and by God is the thing magnificent. Its a far better standard than most AFL matches are played on.

Getting that upgrade is one the less appreciated things the admin did.

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Have to say the surface at Arden Street is a thing of true beauty. Its like a pool table for giants. They do extensive maintenance on it every off season now and by God is the thing magnificent. Its a far better standard than most AFL matches are played on.

Getting that upgrade is one the less appreciated things the admin did.
Strolled past Victoria Park yesterday.
Still looks like sh*t.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Great post. Had the best trait in a defender - he hated to lose.

Wanted to play on the best forwards and never hid away letting others do the dirty work.

Seriously strong unit too when half the full forwards in the league were capable of bench pressing their opponent.

I will never forget the "SPLAT" sound that Brett Heady made when Mick got him good, tight up against the pocket at the Ponsford end of the MCG in 1994.

I thought Mick had killed him. Heady got up, but he wasn't in a good way.

SpiderBurton22

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
AFL news, trade rumours, results.

OUR 2020 AFL BEST 22 FOR NORTH MELBOURNE:

B: Jamie MacMillan, Majak Daw, Luke McDonald

HB: Marley Williams, Robbie Tarrant, Jaspar Pittard

C: Jy Simpkin, Shaun Higgins, Jared Polec

HF: Jack Ziebell, Ben Brown, Aaron Hall

F: Tarryn Thomas, Nick Larkey, Cam Zuuhaar

FOLL: Todd Goldstein, Ben Cunnington, Trent Dumont

INTERCHANGE: Jed Anderson, Ben Jacobs, Shaun Atley, Paul Ahern.

EMERGENCIES: Aidan Bonar, Tom Campbell, Kayne Turner, Luke Davis-Uniacke, Mason Wood, Lachie Hosie, Sam Durdin, Bailey Scott, Dom Tyson.

Top Bottom