Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d say winning over 60% of close games would mean we do well.
46% isn’t exactly something to be proud of

Yeah, but that's not what you said and that's not the narrative around here when we get done in close games.

You said that we NEVER win close games. We're basically running at winning every 2nd close game.

Yeah, but that's not what you said and that's not the narrative around here when we get done in close games.

You said that we NEVER win close games. We're basically running at winning every 2nd close game.
I’ll break it down for you.

We lost 17 of those 31 games against top 8 sides.
The other 14 involved games when we were:
8-6 against St Kilda in 2003 and Fraser kicked 10
3-3 against Dogs in 2004 after we lead by 32 points at 3QT
8-8 against Essendon in 2010
Round 1 against Essendon in 2012 and Hamish misses after the siren
3-4 against Port in 2012 when we lead by 30 in the final term
6-9 in 2013 we lost to Carlton by a point
3-5 heading into Adelaide at Docklands and Petrenko ****ed us and
8-5 playing a s**t Brisbane up in Brisbane in 2014

Add in the 2 losses to the reigning premier in 2017 and that’s 10 games our season was on the line when we didn’t get the points.

There was also 2 losses to Freo in the same year but I’ll leave them out as dead rubbers.
Brisbane in 2006 and Sydney last year that got Brad sacked are the other 2 games.

We’ve lost 4 games under a goal where the result didn’t affect our season. 4 out of 31.

The stats read 31 L and 26 W. Not too bad and shows a near 50-50 split as you stated.
Of those 26 wins only 13 game in seasons that we played finals. Like you said nearly half.

We never win the close ones isn’t a myth.

3-5 heading into Adelaide at Docklands and Petrenko f’ed us and

Add in the 2 losses to the reigning premier in 2017 and that’s 10 games our season was on the line when we didn’t get the points.

There was also 2 losses to Freo in the same year but I’ll leave them out as dead rubbers.
Brisbane in 2006 and Sydney last year that got Brad sacked are the other 2 games.

We’ve lost 4 games under a goal where the result didn’t affect our season. 4 out of 31.

The stats read 31 L and 26 W. Not too bad and shows a near 50-50 split as you stated.
Of those 26 wins only 13 game in seasons that we played finals. Like you said nearly half.

Yes, it is a myth.

You only quoted the roughly half that we lost.

Statistically, over time each team's W-L record in close games will be around 50%.

3-5 heading into Adelaide at Docklands and Petrenko f’ed us and

Now do the ones we won.

You're way too invested in hating on the club.

Now do the ones we won.

Whoa, I have never viewed tazza in that way and I can pick a WBC type from a mile away with my eyes shut.

I think people just get more frustrated at the closeness of a loss than they do elated at the closeness of a win, hence it lingers in the imagination longer.
Just like they remember JMac losing a contest much more clearly than they do the times he was perfectly positioned to come over for a 3rd up spoil or mop up a loose ball in the backline.

Now do the ones we won.

I did.
I was making a point of the correlation of winning enough close games never resulted in finals.

Sad to think you believe I’m invested in hating on the club. I disagree with your view but they are yours.

Hates the medical staff, the media department, the coaches, half the players. Club can never do anything right.
Critical of the medical staff is not hating.
Hating the media department again is a lie. The fallout of the club moving an extra home game to Tasmania and subsequent backlash is and was warranted.

Hating the coach’s and half the players is outright bullshit mate. If commenting on assistant coaches who are no longer at the club is hating, then the club must have hated them too. And I only ever mentioned, rarely that Crocker might be moved to freshen up the place as well as Tudor. But that’s hardly hating. Il give you Brad Green though.
I’d also struggle to name more than 3 players whose performances are under par, let alone 20 - but hating on half the list is a lie.

And “the club can never do anything right” warrants back to my concern that we haven’t played off in a grand final for 21 years and are still reliant on games in Hobart.

If I’m passionate about where the club is at and where it’s going then it might be perceived to be a little more emotional to some, but that doesn’t amount to hatred. It’s cause I give a s**t.
Again your views are your views but I don’t stand for being some hellbent negative type.

Well Deakin Uni has just taken a machine gun to the wider Dep I work in, slaughtered them. I ran towards the nest SEVEN TIMES and they still missed me. I was one of the only ones who had their hand up ffs. 140K clear just went up in smoke.

But alas I won't be put off that easily, I just emailed our HR partner stating I think I'm a liability and would be if we parted ways. I'll ramp up from there, maybe forget to wear pants .

today where i work, an Australian gentlemen came by (have not seen him for sometime) and found out he is a *scum fan. i said, if i had some marshmallow i would be throwing them at him.

Next time he comes in don't forget to remind him how long it's been since they've won a final and that they're still filthy drug cheats. 👍

I did.
I was making a point of the correlation of winning enough close games never resulted in finals.

Sad to think you believe I’m invested in hating on the club. I disagree with your view but they are yours.

Critical of the medical staff is not hating.
Hating the media department again is a lie. The fallout of the club moving an extra home game to Tasmania and subsequent backlash is and was warranted.

Hating the coach’s and half the players is outright bullshit mate. If commenting on assistant coaches who are no longer at the club is hating, then the club must have hated them too. And I only ever mentioned, rarely that Crocker might be moved to freshen up the place as well as Tudor. But that’s hardly hating. Il give you Brad Green though.
I’d also struggle to name more than 3 players whose performances are under par, let alone 20 - but hating on half the list is a lie.

And “the club can never do anything right” warrants back to my concern that we haven’t played off in a grand final for 21 years and are still reliant on games in Hobart.

If I’m passionate about where the club is at and where it’s going then it might be perceived to be a little more emotional to some, but that doesn’t amount to hatred. It’s cause I give a s**t.
Again your views are your views but I don’t stand for being some hellbent negative type.
You've done me the courtesy of a considered reply, so props.

I accept that you hold these positions sincerely and without malice, though I don't necessarily agree.

However I still maintain that the pile-on that drove Heath away was a low point in NM BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

today where i work, an Australian gentlemen came by (have not seen him for sometime) and found out he is a *scum fan. i said, if i had some marshmallow i would be throwing them at him.

fd85b42c-a57f-4d32-bf9a-eee9095de036_screenshot.jpg

"Just go straight on through to the back room"

Their squad will be drawing straws to Kerridge up on us.

Papley is a gun so doesn't qualify for Kerridge, he's one I'd worry about.

Ben Ronke still on their list?

You've done me the courtesy of a considered reply, so props.

I accept that you hold these positions sincerely and without malice, though I don't necessarily agree.

However I still maintain that the pile-on that drove Heath away was a low point in NM BF.

Questioning the club moving another game interstate without so much as a hint to the members, is worthy of a pile on.

To be fair releasing a doco celebrating the fight to keep North South followed up within days announcing moving another game to Hobart, probably a low point for the media department.

NMFC team of players eligible to be in the AFL Hall of Fame, but who are not. Not suggesting that they should all be in though - some will never be in.

B: B.Rawlings, M.Martyn, J.Blakey
HB: D.King, C.Sholl, T.Jarrad
C: W.Schwass, A.Simpson, L.Dwyer
HF: S.Grant, J.Spencer, B.Crosswell
F: B.Allison, J.Longmire, J.Dugdale
Foll: C.McKernan, M.Larkin, J.Krakouer
Int: S.Kekovich, W.Carter, S.Alves, P.Krakouer
Coach: D.Pagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back